Photoperiod New grow 2023 Barneys Farm and In-house genetics

a bit of alcohol will clean up the microscope very well.... you know, just in case you ever need too., gotta keep those beautiful trich shots coming.:baked:
Ive been lacking on keeping the lens guard clean. Got a lot on the plate right now and keep forgetting to wipe it down. I really should though

Day 98 Chop Time for Ayahuasca Purple
Im harvesting this plant about a week early. While I was checking ripeness of trichs, which I forgot to take pics of, I noticed they were ALL cloudy with very few amber. Tons of amber on the sugar leaves. I wanted to wait to see a small amount of amber showing up on the buds but I need more smoke. I also didnt really take pics of the plant before chopping it down. Not feeling the greatest today so I just wanted to get in there strip as many fan leaves as I could and get the plant hanging.

Was gonna use my unused coat closet as a make shift drying room but my basement has been staying at a good temp and humidity for hanging. About 67°F and the humidity is staying in the 50-58% range. So shes on a hanger, hang off a nail in the rafters.

I did however like the photo opportunity I saw for the forbidden Jelly once I put the tent back together.
20240204_114638.jpg
20240204_114651.jpg

Also that green splotchiness spread to other leaves in the past couple days. Leaves were shriveled up and basically dead, but still soft. Very strange, plucked all effected leaves which was about 8 or 9. You can see one I missed in the bottom pic. Its the leaf turned upside down with the curly fingers on the left. Edges of the leaf had the greenish black coloration. Maybe man o green was right and its got guttation going on and the excess moisture is killing off those leaves. Another reason why I decided to make more room in the tent. Better air flow. I dont see this issue effecting any of the buds. So I will just pray that it makes it the last couple weeks. She has the most clear and a good number of amber trichs too so its hard to judge how much time is left. The majority of amber is on the sugar leaves, but there is still amber on some buds too.

I will take some good pics of the ayahuasca after I do my chores today. Will get some whole plant shots and some trich close ups and post them later on today.

Mimosa is my tents godsend right now. Though Im more interested in the Ayahuasca and Forbidden Jelly as far as looks and smell, the Mimosa just has rock solid nugs all the way down. EVERY SINGLE NUG IS DENSE AS THE COLAS. Never seen anything like it before but I have a feeling that this plant will win the biggest harvest weight of all 3. Even the larfy looking buds are dense as a rock and that puts the biggest smile on my face.

Sorry for the lack of pics again but when Im feeling more up to it I will flood the page with pics. Also yes my fan is dirty, its from the humidifier when the temps were sub 0. Also I have the humidifier running away from the tent now to keep the humidity up around the area the plant is drying in. Humidistat is set at 55% and is reading 54%.

I did take a shitty pic of the ayahuasca after the chop Ill just throw it up
20240204_113717.jpg

Final weight Ayahuasca Purple
20240209_110216.jpg

Just under 3ozs. Didnt trim up too well but my hands are like glue. Might not be FULLY dry. Leaves crumbled off, no stems snapping but I think I will be alright. Going in the jar now. Bovida packs will be here by the time I get out of work.
20240209_110226.jpg

Chop day for the Mimosa and Forbidden Jelly.
Running out of time to take pics but I did a light stripping of leaves, anything dead or not really needed to slow down the dry. First time I will be using the tent as a dry room. Took the light out, put the circulation fan at the bottom of the tent and the 2 beauties are on hangers.
20240209_113337.jpg

If I got just under 3 ozs from the Ayahuasca I expect at least triple from each of these. Hopefully more, fingers crossed.

Next on the docket is an auto grow. Looking for any testers to keep my cc badge so if anyone see anything interesting while looking around lemme know. Right now all I have for autos is 2 gmo and 1 granite runtz. Will be buying some seeds at the end of the month and getting supplies together for that run. Basically out of ferts and soil. Also since its autos I was thinking of running 4-5 in 3 gallon bags, which I also dont have.

View attachment 1664456

Just under 3ozs. Didnt trim up too well but my hands are like glue. Might not be FULLY dry. Leaves crumbled off, no stems snapping but I think I will be alright. Going in the jar now. Bovida packs will be here by the time I get out of work.View attachment 1664457
Little smoke report. Definitely not completely dry, some snapping when I sparked up. Ok for jars though and when the bovidas come they will take care of everything.
High report, 3 hits, a little too high for before going to work lmao. Can definitely taste a candy-ish sweetness. Already pretty smooth so cured it should be phenomenal

Last edited:
Little smoke report. Definitely not completely dry, some snapping when I sparked up. Ok for jars though and when the bovidas come they will take care of everything.
High report, 3 hits, a little too high for before going to work lmao. Can definitely taste a candy-ish sweetness. Already pretty smooth so cured it should be phenomenal
So the rh after 9+ hours in jars was 46% :( over dried by a lot so I expect terpenes to be diminished. Put some 62 boveda packs in the jars just to get some moisture back in but I dont think the flavor will come out very strong after curing

So the rh after 9+ hours in jars was 46% :( over dried by a lot so I expect terpenes to be diminished. Put some 62 boveda packs in the jars just to get some moisture back in but I dont think the flavor will come out very strong after curing
I have found that the rh in jars varies quite a lot depending on the jar standing or laying down on its side, (my meters are glued to the jar lids) you might want to try both and take the middle ground. just a thought.

Back