Photoperiod New grow 2023 Barneys Farm and In-house genetics

You need not dry with the plant/buds hanging exposed within a tent. As you've seen, drying can happen too fast this way.

Paper bags, boxes with some holes punched in them (I use free boxes from Postal Service or Fedex), putting buds in Grove or other gas-permeable bags or other partially vented container, etc. at suitable temperature in a room/space that has rH equal to or lower than your target value all work for drying over a multi-day period. For ex., put buds in paper bags, put these in your tent and follow drying progress.

And regarding your troubles controlling rH in your tent, why bother? It will be much easier to control the environment in the 'lung' room containing the tent (or is this what you are already doing)?
Arent grove bags strictly for cure? Also Im trying this for the first time so I expected issues, but thank you. I tried paper bags on my last grow and didnt like it so I will keep trying different things till I find a method that works well for me.

Yes, Grove bags are mostly used for curing. But they can also be used for drying, but with this likely taking much longer than methods allowing more air/gas and water vapor exchange.

For ex., I've used the bags just like others use jars - put not-fully-dried buds in the bag and periodically leave open or 'burp' as appropriate, and eventually just leave them sealed with no periodic air exchange. This way you go from drying through cure and long-term storage without messing at all with transfer of the contents.

So Im thinking just by feel alone tomorrow Im gonna be stuck in trim jail. Some areas are still a little damp. Squeezing some of the lower buds on the plant and you can tell theres still a good deal of moisture trapped in the center of the bigger buds. Im assuming by tomorrow the excess moisture will have leeched out. Top of each plant I could probably trim up and jar today, but I dont wanna have to trim more than once.

Forbidden Jelly
So I trimmed up the bulk of the Forbidden Jelly last night. None of the real larfy stuff, which disappointingly, there was a lot of. Tbh most of the plant was pretty spongy except the main colas

One thing I can say is even though letting it go till yesterday and definitely over drying the smell of this plant is intoxicating by itself, no real skunkiness to it, just a sweet and tart kind of smell. The best way I can describe it is a sweet floral smell. Honestly the best smelling weed Ive ever had the pleasure to smell.

Took a pic of the weight and a couple cola pics
20240215_010239.jpg
20240214_235925.jpg
20240214_235954.jpg

Regarding " real larfy stuff....plant was pretty spongy except the main colas:" The material (presuming at proper maturity) may be ugly (not big hard perfect buds), but with modern lighting/penetration it likely has the same or much the same THC and terpene concentrations and profiles. Or does "larfy" refer to immature buds lower buds (that could be left to finish vs. usual harvesting of the whole plant)?

Now with quantum boards, I don't think I get any noticeable amount of 'larfy' or otherwise 2nd-rate buds. They all seem rather consistent in term of trichomes, THC and terps.

Regarding " real larfy stuff....plant was pretty spongy except the main colas:" The material (presuming at proper maturity) may be ugly (not big hard perfect buds), but with modern lighting/penetration it likely has the same or much the same THC and terpene concentrations and profiles. Or does "larfy" refer to immature buds lower buds (that could be left to finish vs. usual harvesting of the whole plant)?

Now with quantum boards, I don't think I get any noticeable amount of 'larfy' or otherwise 2nd-rate buds. They all seem rather consistent in term of trichomes, THC and terps.
Oh I kept it, Im just not trimming it. And yes its the lowers. They were decently dense before chop but really softened up during drying. I was gonna do a progressive harvest but I just decided to pull the plug and chop it all down.

Back