How Do I lower soil ph?

Appreciate the input
The Biobizz feeding chart recommends 2ml of Fish Mix during veg per litre of water.
I'm only giving them 1ml per litre & 4ml of Root Juice. It recommends 1-4ml of Root Juice
Im not familiar with biobizz. But if you're in a peat based soil which, if I remember right you are, peat will hold on to ferts and release them over time so its easy to get a build up peat even if you reduce the feed. How often are were/are you feeding?

Im not familiar with biobizz. But if you're in a peat based soil which, if I remember right you are, peat will hold on to ferts and release them over time so its easy to get a build up peat even if you reduce the feed. How often are were/are you feeding?
1.25 litres of water every 3/4 days.

1.25 litres of water every 3/4 days.
You feed with every watering? If thats the case yeah, you definitely have build ups in the soil. I would skip fertigation, cut back to every other or even every 3rd watering. I only fertigate when my plants start to become pale. Im on day 50 of a photoperiod grow and Ive only fed 2 times. And photos are much hungrier than autos
20231221_104939.jpg

This is week 3 in flower, only one veg feed and one flower feed so far. I know biobizz light is a pretty baron soil but feeding with every watering will cause build ups over time which is what you are seeing now.

Last edited:
You feed with every watering? If thats the case yeah, you definitely have build ups in the soil. I would skip fertigation, cut back to every other or even every 3rd watering. I only fertigate when my plants start to become pale. Im on day 50 of a photoperiod grow and Ive only fed 2 times. And photos are much hungrier than autosView attachment 1654546
This is week 3 in flower, only one veg feed and one flower feed so far. I know biobizz light is a pretty baron soil but feeding with every watering will cause build ups over time which is what you are seeing now.
According to Biobizz, you should feed nutes with every feed
This is a section from a Q & A with a Biobizz rep
1703178490390.png

According to Biobizz, you should feed nutes with every feed
This is a section from a Q & A with a Biobizz rep
View attachment 1654547
I mean if its what they suggest but do you use RO water for feeding? I use spring water and cut back on my feeding doses that way when I use plain water it still has mineral content in it. I use spring water from a local aquifer that has a tap. Its a pain but it has a little bit of everything in it. But the plain waterings between give a chance for the plant to use up, what it might not have picked up from the last feed, or wash out some build up if it occurs. If you use RO i would stick to what biobuzz says. Is this feed regime for cannabis specifically or is it a blanket for all plants?

I mean if its what they suggest but do you use RO water for feeding? I use spring water and cut back on my feeding doses that way when I use plain water it still has mineral content in it. I use spring water from a local aquifer that has a tap. Its a pain but it has a little bit of everything in it. But the plain waterings between give a chance for the plant to use up, what it might not have picked up from the last feed, or wash out some build up if it occurs. If you use RO i would stick to what biobuzz says. Is this feed regime for cannabis specifically or is it a blanket for all plants?
To me it looks like a schedule for growing cannabis. But I could be totally wrong.
I tried using Advanced Nutrients for a grow or two & I had the exact same problem. I was using normal tap water for those grows.
1703180664018.png

To me it looks like a schedule for growing cannabis. But I could be totally wrong.
I tried using Advanced Nutrients for a grow or two & I had the exact same problem. I was using normal tap water for those grows.
View attachment 1654558
When you use tap water are you letting it sit in an open container and declorinate for 24 hours? And tap water has a lot of mineral content in it so it could also be calcium build up especially if theres limestone in your tap water. Like I said Im unfamiliar with biobizz, but if the ph is correct when you water my assumption would be a toxicity of n p or k, usually for newer growers its N. If you're using tap water, just try not feeding EVERY time in the future and see if that makes a difference...you are top watering right?

When you use tap water are you letting it sit in an open container and declorinate for 24 hours? And tap water has a lot of mineral content in it so it could also be calcium build up especially if theres limestone in your tap water. Like I said Im unfamiliar with biobizz, but if the ph is correct when you water my assumption would be a toxicity of n p or k, usually for newer growers its N. If you're using tap water, just try not feeding EVERY time in the future and see if that makes a difference...you are top watering right?

Top feeding ie I pour the water on top of the soil? Yes I do
I live in a very hard water area. Limescale is a big problem in kettles etc... It's why I got an RO filter.
I'll stay with the RO & maybe cut out the Fish Mix. They're going to start flowering soon & then I switch to BioBizz Grow for flowering.
Funny you mention N toxicity, as someone said it might be that in my last grow as the leaves looked very green. But I was following the schedule.
I'll cut back on Grow when I start to use it.
I can't thank you enough for taking so much time to help.
VERY much appreciated

Attachments

• 1703184022045.png
    1703184022045.png
    183.8 KB · Views: 6
Top feeding ie I pour the water on top of the soil? Yes I do
I live in a very hard water area. Limescale is a big problem in kettles etc... It's why I got an RO filter.
I'll stay with the RO & maybe cut out the Fish Mix. They're going to start flowering soon & then I switch to BioBizz Grow for flowering.
Funny you mention N toxicity, as someone said it might be that in my last grow as the leaves looked very green. But I was following the schedule.
I'll cut back on Grow when I start to use it.
I can't thank you enough for taking so much time to help.
VERY much appreciated
The thing about plants is its hard to tell. Some strains are darker than others, some are pretty pale naturally. But when a plant looks super lush and almost like a deep forest green, all the way to the top, its usually a sign theres plenty of N. I wanted try out a system similar to this, because I use fox farms liquid soil line and its a pain mixing 5-8 different things when I needed to feed, but at the same time its easier to cut back on N because all their feeds are focused on a certain area of nutrition.
When I cut back on N I remove grow big completely from the equation and 1/4 dose anything else that has higher levels of N. Im actually shocked at how little food my plants have needed, but Im in a nutrient rich fox farm soil too so thats the number 1 reason I dont have to feed too much. Im pretty sure biobizz isnt amended like fox farm though.

Also nitrogen is the easiest thing to go overboard on because its one of the only things that the plant will continuously uptake even when it doesnt need it.

The thing about plants is its hard to tell. Some strains are darker than others, some are pretty pale naturally. But when a plant looks super lush and almost like a deep forest green, all the way to the top, its usually a sign theres plenty of N. I wanted try out a system similar to this, because I use fox farms liquid soil line and its a pain mixing 5-8 different things when I needed to feed, but at the same time its easier to cut back on N because all their feeds are focused on a certain area of nutrition.
When I cut back on N I remove grow big completely from the equation and 1/4 dose anything else that has higher levels of N. Im actually shocked at how little food my plants have needed, but Im in a nutrient rich fox farm soil too so thats the number 1 reason I dont have to feed too much. Im pretty sure biobizz isnt amended like fox farm though.

Also nitrogen is the easiest thing to go overboard on because its one of the only things that the plant will continuously uptake even when it doesnt need it.
I didn't know that about Nitrogen. I just noticed the NPK of Fish Mix (during veg) is 5-1-4 & Grow (during flowering) is 4-3-6. I'm guessing that's relatively high Nitrogen to use at full dosage (or regularly) during flowering?
Light Mix has a charge of nutes that does about 10 days. So I don't start to feed nutrients until the second set of leaves have formed
This is them as of 10 minutes ago. So I'll give them the bare minimum Nitrogen as possible during flowering

Attachments

• IMG_20231221_191201.jpg
    IMG_20231221_191201.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 3
Back