Extraction How does rosin compare to other concentrates?

Any idea why dispensaries (at least in my state) don't sell rosin? It seems commercially competitive with current concentrates and oils yet cheaper, simpler, quicker, etc. to make (just 1 step) vs. solvent extraction or dry sifting, and could be hyped/promoted as more natural or 'purer' vs. solvent extracts.

Large batches aren't really feasible. There are some larger presses, but past a certain point the press itself would have to be enormous.

I press rosin for edibles because it's easy to dose that way, but I've dabbed some of it and it's very similar to bho.

One other reason you don't see commercial presses is the time. It takes me about 1 minute per gram of flower to press rosin. I press 8 grams at a time, and the process of packing a bag, putting it through the press and collecting it is about 8 minutes start to finish.

If I prep multiple bags/parchments at once it can be faster, but I usually only need to run my press once anyways.

Commercially, it seems rosin pressing could easily be fully automated, including running multiple small presses at once.

Back