Live Stoners How long to autoflower

darknight_420

Welcome to the CannaZone
Cultivators Club
Reaction score
What the hell is happening with my auto here, I don't know if I should laugh, cry, rub my hands or what!

I've got coco the clown in a tent with 2 plants, and she's just growing and growing and growing but no pistils.

I'm only on day 30 but I've never had a plant this size and tbh I'm actually regretting it bug time and just see a massive plant forming in a small tight space

Shes in coco but surely this doesn't look right does it?

You'll see she is already a good foot above the colas on my autos so god knows what's happen when she does start to flower..

20230909_084718.jpg
my 2 other plants are only 1wk ahead and the buds are crazy

I'm laughing here thinking what the hell am I asking a stupid question for but ive heard it does happen seeds can be mixed by mistake or is it she's just loving life and trying ti make me happy lol

Edit..
Just thinking the delay could easily have been caused by the battering she's had of snapped branches, a total topping by accident day 21 and ive had to remove a load of fans nearly 9" wide lol so I dare say I've slowed her down

Last edited:
What strain/seed is this? If a mutated auto or mixed in photo seed, you can try doing the 12/12 hours lights on/off thing to hopefully induce flowering.

Get other input, but presuming this will be a big >100 day auto plant, you still have a good way to go and may just want to wait some more. To deal with too-tall issues, consider super cropping.

Last edited:
@BII I'll stay clear of super cropping as I snapped a branch trying it. They're to thick fir that.

It's the same strain and me other plant to her left but they're in soil and she's coco

I was doing a comparison grow and to begin wirh I slaggwd her off and said soil the better and she's now proved me wrong. Lol

I've a new tent coming next week and shes a tall one so I'll be glad to get all back in one house.

I've another tent I'm going to put her in on her own just now as my other 2 in flower are being cramped

From what I've seen, the majority or general consensus opinion is that well-aerated coco (e.g., with perlite) will generally outperform soil in terms of size, yield, etc. But many also believe more natural growing (e.g., with soil) produces subjectively better output, such as a more desirable mix and/or higher terpene content.

@BII
I was doing a comparison grow and to begin wirh I slaggwd her off and said soil the better and she's now proved me wrong. Lol
Did you expect up front that soil would outperform coco? From what I've seen, the consensus opinion is that well-aerated coco (e.g., with perlite) will generally outperform soil in terms of size, yield, etc. But many also believe more natural growing (e.g., with soil) produces subjectively better output, such as a more desirable mix and/or higher terpene content.

Large plants take longer to flower. Gots to do with how far the root system can expand before it's hinderd by the constraints of the container it's in.
And in my experience, working with coco is like hydroponics. Do it right and you can grow out a monster...
I prefer Organic because of the ease of growing in it. No checking of pH, EC and dosing stuff anymore for me :cheers:

I prefer Organic because of the ease of growing in it. No checking of pH, EC and dosing stuff anymore for me :cheers:

I take the opposite view, with it easier to grow in coco without the hassles you cite. There are other options.

For ex., I use Adv. Nutr. pH Perfect base nutrients with RO water in coco/perlite and haven't even checked pH or EC/ppm in years (and did the same using 2-part MegaCrop with comparable results, but that's riskier, not what's recommended by the manuf.). I avoid all the effort, time and worries (commonly described here on AFN) those not using wide pH range-working base nutes put into fiddling with measuring, making adjustments and maintaining their test equipment. I don't think I'm losing anything in terms of quality, yield, etc. from not checking pH or EC/ppm; and I'm confident I do better than if I used soil.

Did you expect up front that soil would outperform coco? From what I've seen, the consensus opinion is that well-aerated coco (e.g., with perlite) will generally outperform soil in terms of size, yield, etc. But many also believe more natural growing (e.g., with soil) produces subjectively better output, such as a more desirable mix and/or higher terpene content.
I agree coco IMO does give a far more superior yield than soil

What I meant was on the number of days the amaretto flowered in soil was alot sooner than coco the clown wasn't so soil won that round.

Now she's just growing and growing and I'm feeding her advanced nutrients ph perfect too.

I do agree with @Bob's Auto's about the faffing with PH and EC in coco, I had lits of successful coco runs but what boiled my piss was the messing about with the EC measurement and using that PH down and 1 drop to many, everything was chucked away and start again.. then I had the run off to deal with and its just became to much I stopped altogether

I was them told about biotab for soil and ive used them continuously but my yields are shite and I used to hit nearly 120g a plant om coco, so I found out about that ph perfect and decided to do that comparasion grow, I haven't done PH down once or even checked my EC and tbh I spray my plant lightly 1.5L and I get a fraction of a run off and leave it to evaporate

Anyway I think im now seeing pistils so she might have started to flower

Hi all

Well ive had to move coco the clown in her own tent under a 75w LED as im finding that I'm getting stressed wirh the overcrowding in the other tent.

I've bought myself a new 80x80x180 and it's yet to arrive so I'll be glad to get away from rectangular tents.

I've no even got hangers for the light and using some green cable wire to hold it at the top if the tent.

2am I'm woken by this almighty whirling noise and it turned out the fan had fallen off the spinner (cheap shite) but I had to get up as the noise was unbearable and I worried my neighbour hears!!

Feeling well and truly pissed off being woken from a deep sleep I trudge into my spare room and turn the lights on.. what a wanker!! I have 1 tent in darkness for flower and im standing there bollocking naked sweat pissing off me as the rooms hunidty was nearly 100% due to the fans and lights heating up.

3 separate tents in one room I'm hating!!

The smaller tent I had to link with mummy and I'm using the infinity in mummy to suck from baby but it's crap!

Daddy tent is tucked in the wardrobe draped in blankets with my mandarin monster inside flowering

Anyway back to my story ( this sativas im smoking is sending me on one ramble) Haha

So lights on and realising I'm a wanker I took coco the clown out her tent and fixed the fan, as went to put her back in guess what.... a fecking branch snapped right over 90degree. I though wow a supercrop by mistake.

Not giving a toss as it was nearly 2.45am I just chucked her in the tent and thought ill deal with you in the morning!!

I got up this morning and thought aye she's supercropped alright but with her only being in a 60x60 I couldn't leave her so I got that clear stuff I was told about to fix breaks.... what a load of shite it just stretches so I got some gaffa tape and taped her upright.

Tbh I'm actually fed up with her but she does look a nice big healthy plant

20230911_165720.jpg
20230911_165705.jpg
20230911_165642.jpg
20230911_165649.jpg
20230911_165636.jpg

Hi all

Well ive had to move coco the clown in her own tent under a 75w LED as im finding that I'm getting stressed wirh the overcrowding in the other tent.

I've bought myself a new 80x80x180 and it's yet to arrive so I'll be glad to get away from rectangular tents.

I've no even got hangers for the light and using some green cable wire to hold it at the top if the tent.

2am I'm woken by this almighty whirling noise and it turned out the fan had fallen off the spinner (cheap shite) but I had to get up as the noise was unbearable and I worried my neighbour hears!!

Feeling well and truly pissed off being woken from a deep sleep I trudge into my spare room and turn the lights on.. what a wanker!! I have 1 tent in darkness for flower and im standing there bollocking naked sweat pissing off me as the rooms hunidty was nearly 100% due to the fans and lights heating up.

3 separate tents in one room I'm hating!!

The smaller tent I had to link with mummy and I'm using the infinity in mummy to suck from baby but it's crap!

Daddy tent is tucked in the wardrobe draped in blankets with my mandarin monster inside flowering

Anyway back to my story ( this sativas im smoking is sending me on one ramble) Haha

So lights on and realising I'm a wanker I took coco the clown out her tent and fixed the fan, as went to put her back in guess what.... a fecking branch snapped right over 90degree. I though wow a supercrop by mistake.

Not giving a toss as it was nearly 2.45am I just chucked her in the tent and thought ill deal with you in the morning!!

I got up this morning and thought aye she's supercropped alright but with her only being in a 60x60 I couldn't leave her so I got that clear stuff I was told about to fix breaks.... what a load of shite it just stretches so I got some gaffa tape and taped her upright.

Tbh I'm actually fed up with her but she does look a nice big healthy plant

View attachment 1631082View attachment 1631083View attachment 1631084View attachment 1631085View attachment 1631086
Photoperiod? How many days from germ? You may consider cutting the lights 11/13 to encourage flower.
Plant will be huge by the finish.

Back