How Much Does a Name Matter?

Granny renamed ak47 to ak420 :crying: I usually buy based on breeder but I'm definitely a sucker for a good name or a good origin story or description. I kinda don't like the ones that are overly sexual or have a ton of words in the name. Also hate it when they have a food or fruit name and taste nothing like it

It matters more than it should to me. It's like my mind knows better but my heart doesn't care.

Usually more of a "turn off" than a "turn on" tho. I know nothing about the quality of the plants but I can tell you I'll never spend money on Thug Pug seeds

Good topic. I definitely think the name matters sometimes more than might be fair, in a lot of things, even unto global politics. For example, I don't see Adolph Schicklegruber getting to the same place in life that Adolph Hitler did, even though they're the same person.

I def tend to gravitate toward names that appeal or at least reach me in some way, and in strain names I care less than in breeder names. Some of both strike me as downright silly, but might speak to someone else. Kind of like Gwyneth Paltrow naming one of her Goop candles This Smells Like My Vagina. I gravitate away from things that make me think someone thinks their stuff is fancier than it probably is, or was just high as hell and thought they hit on a good name. I like ducks that quack like a duck, not an owl. :lol:

This thread here at AFN https://www.autoflower.org/threads/racoon-puke-should-i-transplant.83768/#post-2483334
had me thinking for sure someone had named a strain Racoon Puke. And for whatever reason, had that been the case and if the appeal of the strain was evidenced in some way, that name wouldn't put me off any, in fact I would get a kick out of seeing peoples faces when I tell them.

I'll likely never get as far as chucking any pollen, but I do have a dream of naming a strain Wayne The F**kmore. And when asked why it has that name I'd say because now that I grow my own I have Wayne The F**kmore bud racked off than I ever did when I was buying it.

Desperately waiting for a strain called hookers and blow… or just boats and hoes
Indeed, and why not ? I ask, with it's strong aromas of unprotected sex and hooker sweat, and undertones of alcohol, shame and regret.

I like interesting names that peek my curiosity and sometimes get me to open my wallet. I'm not a giant fan of buying a strain based on the name and having expectations that the terps are going to smell or taste anything like the name suggests only to find out the strawberry cookies smells and tastes like piney, mint-lime candy. I still love it but you'd think it'd smell and taste reminiscent of strawberries. I mean if I purchased and grew skunk garlic and it ended up tasting and smelling like a Pina' colada I'd be confused. Stoned and happy but confused.

I Can Only Imagine the realization and like the Epiphany people get when they realize that once a good hyphae system and a good living soil has been created and you put any kind of decent Cultivar line into that,it's flavor profiles, a lot of them are built based in an amplified by that soil microbial life communicating with the plant not by some dude who pollen chucked out west in the United States and decided that this stuff look like runs Tangy bangi whatever the case may be I think our species mean well in some regards but get a little rabbit hole

I'll never forget seeing the look on my uncle's face when I said I mean the boys are going to go look for some precursors make our own Lucy he gave me one of those how stupid can my nephew really be looks.. yeah that ended a really quick death by the way I miss Quaaludes so bad that was the one thing that my dad said that I knew he was heartfelt about, I remember hearing this old Leonard Skynyrd song here and said you can't speak a word when you're full of ludes..... those things were so good the American government banned them immediately

Back