How Much Does a Name Matter?

NorseGrower

Plug Unplugged 2020
Reaction score
Currently Smoking
El Chem Kiwi, Pink Panama, Wedding Cake
Hey all,

I was thinking about the subject of strain names and curious of other peoples view. To me, a strain name is definitely something that catches my attention and depending one how strong or unique it is can sell me alone. Any example is that I went to NASC last night and was looking to see if anything new dropped, checking on the stock I had been interested in and I saw they had a freebie called Speakeasy Double Whiskey Sour. I have no clue if Speakasy is breeder or part of name of this white label seed freebie and I have no clue the linage but I did know I wanted it and I wanted even more than the named brand stuff in my cart LOL. I actually didn't intend to complete an order at the time but I had my mind made up I needed these seeds and I couldn't even buy them. I had to buy other stuff to get them free. So I picked a few packs, realized I was spending more than I wanted and deleted a pack. When I deleted that pack, the Double Whiskey Sour freebies dropped from 3 to 2. Well that $50 got added back to get me that third seed lol One of the packs I bought was also a pack I always new I would get by name alone. Mendo Skunky Garlic. Just hearing skunky garlic tickles my soul.

Now having a crappy name can really turn me off no matter how fire. For example, I was trying to acquire all the Mephisto genetics I could and I had to really separate myself from the purchase on Man Bear Alien Pig. It just doesn't sound appealing at all. I understand where it came from but it just didn't hit for me. But I will tell you this, the plant did!!! I am glad I bought it and I will call her MBAP to cope lol

So lets hear it? Does the strain name mean a lot to you? Just thinking about the subject reminds me I need some Jeanos Rootbear Float. That name rocks!! Now I probably will never buy Dude Wheres my car though :shrug:

Last edited:
One of the packs I bought was also a pack I always new I would get by name alone. Mendo Skunky Garlic. Just heading skunky garlic tickles my soul.

Even though I have been assured by Waira that it Doesn't smell of Garlic....I can't get past the name and wouldn't buy it... :biggrin: ..I cannot Think of anything worse than a bud that tastes of Garlic.....

I Like the strong or rude names....But....I have had people say well cannabis Breeders bring themselves into disrepute by naming canna crosses after Guns or hard drugs....:shrug: ...how can we expect to be taken seriously on the med scene with crosses with gangsta names...?

Does your Granny need an AK47 or Green Crack...?...:pass:...

My wife *hates* liver, so when I grew a Livers cross I had to change the name or she'd keep choosing other strains over that one out of the med cabinet. Once the name was changed, all was good.

Also, "four assed monkey"... really?

The names matter to some extent, I’m stupid so I like fun clever shiny things. The genetics matter most though!

Also that Speakeasy is a series of auto cultivars released by @Twenty20 Adam and team as freebies only (to my understanding) :thumbsup: collect all 12 from NASC and you get that dope Twenty20 collectors box

Names 100% matter to me. The better the name the more I wanna get it. I like clever names a play on the strain or like meph and the south park and breaking bad references thats killer to me. or just a bad ass strain. Like a really wanna try hammer the pie. its a cross with fast buds strawberry pie and viking Gardens thors hammer I believe but the name alone got me. What a bad ass name.

Back