New Grower III: Fastbuds Jack Herer Auto

DCLXVI

Non smoker
Cultivators Club
Reaction score
Starting another grow! Finally getting to one I promised my patient I would grow. I was gifted/won these seeds in a contest from @The Vault and their guy Gary Eff.

The setup:
Seed: Fastbuds Jack Herer Auto
Soil: Royal Gold Basement Mix
(https://royalgoldcoco.com/soils/basement-mix/)
Tent: 2.3"x2.3" small
Light: Migro Aray2 120W

Growing a single plant in a 1 gallon @Rain Science grow bag. I was using a fabric smart pot but I've been using the rainscience bags for everything but cannabis. I really like the growbags and I wanted to try running a smaller pot and maybe getting two plants into my small tent.

So far:
Dropped a single seed into a shotglass of water on Saturday 5/8
Into a peat jiffy pellet 24hrs later on Sunday 5/9
Jiffy pellet in plastic germinator box and set on router from Sunday to Monday 5/10
Monday seed pushed itself out above soil and the tap root was exposed. The seed was just sitting on top of the peat pellet. Apparently it did not dry out or get damaged as today......

Start of Week 1 : Day 1- 5/11/21

In the last 24 hrs the seed went from just cracking the shell with the taproot to a full on sprout!

P1030315.JPG

1 Gallon RainScience grow bag, small plastic riser between the bag and the dish.

P1030317.JPG

And a humidity dome! I started this guy way too soon. I expected it to take another day or two for the seed to germinate. Nope! So the tent is full with my prior grow drying. Once that's out and trimmed I can move this guy into the actual tent. He's hanging with some other house plants under a MarsHydro TS1000. It's at full blast for the other stuff in there so I moved this bag a few feet away so just catching the edge of the light. Hopefully it's not too intense.

The room is held at 75f with a heater but it will be probably pretty dry in there. The glass should help a bit to protect the sproutling.

P1030321.JPG

Soil setup:

Mixed up a 2L presoak with 1 litre of tap water with 1L of distilled water @ 95ppm and 7.6ph
Added 2ml BioRoot @ 118ppm 5.0ph
4ml Miicrobial Mass @ 233ppm 4.8ph
ph UP @ 248ppm and 6.3ph
Mykos added to soil in hole for pellet to be placed.

Approx 1400ml adsorbed into soil. I caught and measured the runoff at just over 600ml. I had to run the water through a couple times as I could feel how dry certain spots were just though the side of the growbag. I also dug my hand around to feel for dry spots and kept running the water through until it was all saturated. Then popped the peat pellet into the dirt.

That's it for now, thanks for looking. I'll have to tag a few people here in a minute....

Last edited:
Good luck!

You need to get that glass off of the plant. You are risking damping off. There must be some air flow or you will have a breeding ground for molds and fungus you do not want. If you cannot get your grow space up to 60% RH you can use a plastic dome with air holes for a day!

ya, what mog said...i meself am currently uzin overturned glass bowlz for humidomez, but i keep em propped up with lil blockz o' wood under one edge so there'z airflow & i keep the undersidez misted about 5x a day for the added rh factor...workz a treat ;) ppp

Oof yeah! Thanks for the heads up on the glass, I'll rectify immediately.

Day 2: 5/12 Nothing new added.
Current environment: 75f 62%rh
Glass dome exchanged for plastic with several holes

P1030322.JPG

Greened up nicely since yesterday, first set of true leaves already starting!
P1030324.JPG

Starting another grow! Finally getting to one I promised my patient I would grow. I was gifted/won these seeds in a contest from @The Vault and their guy Gary Eff.

The setup:
Seed: Fastbuds Jack Herer Auto
Soil: Royal Gold Basement Mix
(https://royalgoldcoco.com/soils/basement-mix/)
Tent: 2.3"x2.3" small
Light: Migro Aray2 120W

Growing a single plant in a 1 gallon @Rain Science grow bag. I was using a fabric smart pot but I've been using the rainscience bags for everything but cannabis. I really like the growbags and I wanted to try running a smaller pot and maybe getting two plants into my small tent.

So far:
Dropped a single seed into a shotglass of water on Saturday 5/8
Into a peat jiffy pellet 24hrs later on Sunday 5/9
Jiffy pellet in plastic germinator box and set on router from Sunday to Monday 5/10
Monday seed pushed itself out above soil and the tap root was exposed. The seed was just sitting on top of the peat pellet. Apparently it did not dry out or get damaged as today......

Start of Week 1 : Day 1- 5/11/21

In the last 24 hrs the seed went from just cracking the shell with the taproot to a full on sprout!

View attachment 1317315

1 Gallon RainScience grow bag, small plastic riser between the bag and the dish.

View attachment 1317316

And a humidity dome! I started this guy way too soon. I expected it to take another day or two for the seed to germinate. Nope! So the tent is full with my prior grow drying. Once that's out and trimmed I can move this guy into the actual tent. He's hanging with some other house plants under a MarsHydro TS1000. It's at full blast for the other stuff in there so I moved this bag a few feet away so just catching the edge of the light. Hopefully it's not too intense.

The room is held at 75f with a heater but it will be probably pretty dry in there. The glass should help a bit to protect the sproutling.

View attachment 1317317

Soil setup:
Mixed up a 2L presoak with 1 litre of tap water with 1L of distilled water @ 95ppm and 7.6ph
Added 2ml BioRoot @ 118ppm 5.0ph
4ml Miicrobial Mass @ 233ppm 4.8ph
ph UP @ 248ppm and 6.3ph
Mykos added to soil in hole for pellet to be placed.

Approx 1400ml adsorbed into soil. I caught and measured the runoff at just over 600ml. I had to run the water through a couple times as I could feel how dry certain spots were just though the side of the growbag. I also dug my hand around to feel for dry spots and kept running the water through until it was all saturated. Then popped the peat pellet into the dirt.

That's it for now, thanks for looking. I'll have to tag a few people here in a minute....
Jack Herers are one of my favorites, I actually have a pack from FB for my next grow. Autobeast cultivated a pair of JH sisters which were just out of this world. There's a thread on here somewhere with them, good luck, I know these are going to be good :smoking: :vibes:

Ill have to look that thread over, thanks for the heads up.

Reactions: DOA
Day 3: Lightly spritzed the soil. Nothing else. Still got a 90 degree bent cotyledon but the true leaves grew a bit bigger and it is significantly taller than yesterday. But I am a shaky cameraman and all the side shots were too blurry so only one pic today.

P1030328.JPG

Day 4: 5/14
Mixed 2L of conditioned tap water.
Starting water: 6.5ph 122ppm
Added 1ml Dynagro Protekt silica supplement: 6.8ph 140ppm
Minimal pH down
final: 141ppm 6.6/6.5 pH
Added 100ml water

Pics:

Leggy stemmy one. They aren't in the tent so eh, as best possible at the moment.

P1030338.JPG

Still a bit small on the leaves but I know it's jamming a huuuge root down at the moment.

P1030333.JPG

Attachments

• P1030338.JPG
    P1030338.JPG
    817.6 KB · Views: 15
Back