Intense CBD oil Recipe

Wow how have I not seen this?! I was thinking about juicing my leaves but I like this idea better. Thanks Eek

Hi Evol, take it from me it is great stuff

A halfway common sense question here: would the longer cooking and/or higher temps naturally serve to reduce the THC as it degrades into CBN? In a perfect world, I'd like to be able to have and make regular oil with good THC levels, and then also an oil with much much lower THC but retaining the other goodies :) Thinking I would make a big batch of oil for cooking or whatever, and then taking some of it to cook higher and longer for the degradation. Thoughts?

This oil is made mostly for the CBN's...however one night I took a big swig and had a nice high that lasted through the next day.
Correct me if I'm wrong, CBN counteracts the THC effect. When we cook the oil, it is not hot enough to evaporate the THC so it is still there.

When I make canna oil to cook with, I use coconut oil.
Canna oil for salad dressing, I use olive oil.
Medables, butter of course.

Here is the decarb chart...

kindredspirit-albums-pioneering-spirit-picture164977-decarboxylation-graph.jpg

Hello Eekman, i dont know how i missed this thread and it looks great. Just wondering would it be a good idea to water cure the leaves and maybe the stems before using to get rid of the taste? Im also wondering if you use that method would it wash out the cbd?
Im trying to find something that is mostly cbd and barely any THC as the person i would like to make this for doesnt smoke and never will unfortunately. Any tips or ideas on reducing the Thc content? Great thread i really appreciate the work you have put in to get this on here man. Subbed.

Hi Grim...Eek's at work but I can answer for you.

A water cure will take out most of the nasty tastes (but the chlorophyll will be gone too).
Water will not affect the CBD's.

Does the person you are making this for not want to get high? or is THC a problem?
The way we make this oil as a maintenance and sleep med, it is not made to get high.

Here is an evaporation chart from Skunk Pharm
THC evaporates at 314.6 F (157.C)
CBD evaps at 320 - 356 degreesF and CBN @ 365 degrees F.
So you can heat your oil high enough to evaporate the THC but not the other cannabinoids you want.

http://skunkpharmresearch.com/cannabinoid-info/
Cannabinoid and Terpene Info

Posted by Skunk Pharm Research,LLC.
What exactly are the essential oils that we are extracting from the cannabis plant, and what are their properties?Here is a nifty list that I scored off ICMag, posted by Spurr, who used http://cannabis-med.org/data/pdf/2001-03-04-7.pdf as his information source:
?-9-tetrahydrocannabinol (THC) Boiling point: 157*C / 314.6 degree Fahrenheit Properties: Euphoriant, Analgesic, Antiinflammatory, Antioxidant, Antiemetic
cannabidiol (CBD) Boiling point: 160-180*C / 320-356 degree Fahrenheit Properties: Anxiolytic, Analgesic, Antipsychotic, Antiinflammatory, Antioxidant, Antispasmodic
Cannabinol (CBN) Boiling point: 185*C / 365 degree Fahrenheit Properties: Oxidation, breakdown, product, Sedative, Antibiotic
cannabichromene (CBC) Boiling point: 220*C / 428 degree Fahrenheit Properties: Antiinflammatory, Antibiotic, Antifungal
cannabigerol (CBG) Boiling point: MP52 Properties: Antiinflammatory, Antibiotic, Antifungal
?-8-tetrahydrocannabinol (?-8-THC) Boiling point: 175-178*C / 347-352.4 degree Fahrenheit Properties: Resembles ?-9-THC, Less psychoactive, More stable Antiemetic
tetrahydrocannabivarin (THCV) Boiling point: < 220*C / <428 degree Fahrenheit Properties: Analgesic, Euphoriant
Terpenoid essential oils, their boiling points, and properties
ß-myrcene Boiling point: 166-168*C / 330.8-334.4 degree Fahrenheit Properties: Analgesic. Antiinflammatory, Antibiotic, Antimutagenic
ß-caryophyllene Boiling point: 119*C / 246.2 degree Fahrenheit Properties: Antiinflammatory, Cytoprotective (gastric mucosa), Antimalarial
d-limonene Boiling point: 177*C / 350.6 degree Fahrenheit Properties: Cannabinoid agonist?, Immune potentiator, Antidepressant, Antimutagenic
linalool Boiling point: 198*C / 388.4 degree Fahrenheit Properties: Sedative, Antidepressant, Anxiolytic, Immune potentiator
pulegone Boiling point: 224*C / 435.2 degree Fahrenheit Properties: Memory booster?, AChE inhibitor, Sedative, Antipyretic
1,8-cineole (eucalyptol) Boiling point: 176*C / 348.8 degree Fahrenheit Properties: AChE inhibitor, Increases cerebral, blood flow, Stimulant, Antibiotic, Antiviral, Antiinflammatory, Antinociceptive
a-pinene Boiling point: 156*C / 312.8 degree Fahrenheit Properties: Antiinflammatory, Bronchodilator, Stimulant, Antibiotic, Antineoplastic, AChE inhibitor
a-terpineol Boiling point: 217-218*C / 422.6-424.4 degree Fahrenheit Properties: Sedative, Antibiotic, AChE inhibitor, Antioxidant, Antimalarial
terpineol-4-ol Boiling point: 209*C / 408.2 degree Fahrenheit Properties: AChE inhibitor. Antibiotic
p-cymene Boiling point: 177*C / 350.6 degree Fahrenheit Properties: Antibiotic, Anticandidal, AChE inhibitor
Flavonoid and phytosterol components, their boiling points, and properties
apigenin Boiling point: 178*C / 352.4 degree Fahrenheit Properties: Anxiolytic, Antiinflammatory, Estrogenic
quercetin Boiling point: 250*C / 482 degree Fahrenheit Properties: Antioxidant, Antimutagenic, Antiviral, Antineoplastic
cannflavin A Boiling point: 182*C / 359.6 degree Fahrenheit Properties: COX inhibitor, LO inhibitor
ß-sitosterol Boiling point: 134*C / 273.2 degree Fahrenheit Properties: Antiinflammatory, 5-a-reductase, inhibitor
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

​These two evaporate at higher temps, but in my experience, the higher temps take away the high.

?-8-tetrahydrocannabinol (?-8-THC) Boiling point: 175-178*C / 347-352.4 degree Fahrenheit Properties: Resembles ?-9-THC, Less psychoactive, More stable Antiemetic
tetrahydrocannabivarin (THCV) Boiling point: < 220*C / <428 degree Fahrenheit Properties: Analgesic, Euphoriant

What great info! Thanks, route 66! Its enough to make me want a lab of Heisenbergian proportions...

Hi Grim...Eek's at work but I can answer for you.

A water cure will take out most of the nasty tastes (but the chlorophyll will be gone too).
Water will not affect the CBD's.

Does the person you are making this for not want to get high? or is THC a problem?
The way we make this oil as a maintenance and sleep med, it is not made to get high.

Here is an evaporation chart from Skunk Pharm
THC evaporates at 314.6 F (157.C)
CBD evaps at 320 - 356 degreesF and CBN @ 365 degrees F.
So you can heat your oil high enough to evaporate the THC but not the other cannabinoids you want.

http://skunkpharmresearch.com/cannabinoid-info/
Cannabinoid and Terpene Info

Posted by Skunk Pharm Research,LLC.
What exactly are the essential oils that we are extracting from the cannabis plant, and what are their properties?Here is a nifty list that I scored off ICMag, posted by Spurr, who used http://cannabis-med.org/data/pdf/2001-03-04-7.pdf as his information source:
?-9-tetrahydrocannabinol (THC) Boiling point: 157*C / 314.6 degree Fahrenheit Properties: Euphoriant, Analgesic, Antiinflammatory, Antioxidant, Antiemetic
cannabidiol (CBD) Boiling point: 160-180*C / 320-356 degree Fahrenheit Properties: Anxiolytic, Analgesic, Antipsychotic, Antiinflammatory, Antioxidant, Antispasmodic
Cannabinol (CBN) Boiling point: 185*C / 365 degree Fahrenheit Properties: Oxidation, breakdown, product, Sedative, Antibiotic
cannabichromene (CBC) Boiling point: 220*C / 428 degree Fahrenheit Properties: Antiinflammatory, Antibiotic, Antifungal
cannabigerol (CBG) Boiling point: MP52 Properties: Antiinflammatory, Antibiotic, Antifungal
Terpenoid essential oils, their boiling points, and properties
ß-myrcene Boiling point: 166-168*C / 330.8-334.4 degree Fahrenheit Properties: Analgesic. Antiinflammatory, Antibiotic, Antimutagenic
ß-caryophyllene Boiling point: 119*C / 246.2 degree Fahrenheit Properties: Antiinflammatory, Cytoprotective (gastric mucosa), Antimalarial
d-limonene Boiling point: 177*C / 350.6 degree Fahrenheit Properties: Cannabinoid agonist?, Immune potentiator, Antidepressant, Antimutagenic
linalool Boiling point: 198*C / 388.4 degree Fahrenheit Properties: Sedative, Antidepressant, Anxiolytic, Immune potentiator
pulegone Boiling point: 224*C / 435.2 degree Fahrenheit Properties: Memory booster?, AChE inhibitor, Sedative, Antipyretic
1,8-cineole (eucalyptol) Boiling point: 176*C / 348.8 degree Fahrenheit Properties: AChE inhibitor, Increases cerebral, blood flow, Stimulant, Antibiotic, Antiviral, Antiinflammatory, Antinociceptive
a-pinene Boiling point: 156*C / 312.8 degree Fahrenheit Properties: Antiinflammatory, Bronchodilator, Stimulant, Antibiotic, Antineoplastic, AChE inhibitor
a-terpineol Boiling point: 217-218*C / 422.6-424.4 degree Fahrenheit Properties: Sedative, Antibiotic, AChE inhibitor, Antioxidant, Antimalarial
terpineol-4-ol Boiling point: 209*C / 408.2 degree Fahrenheit Properties: AChE inhibitor. Antibiotic
p-cymene Boiling point: 177*C / 350.6 degree Fahrenheit Properties: Antibiotic, Anticandidal, AChE inhibitor
Flavonoid and phytosterol components, their boiling points, and properties
apigenin Boiling point: 178*C / 352.4 degree Fahrenheit Properties: Anxiolytic, Antiinflammatory, Estrogenic
quercetin Boiling point: 250*C / 482 degree Fahrenheit Properties: Antioxidant, Antimutagenic, Antiviral, Antineoplastic
cannflavin A Boiling point: 182*C / 359.6 degree Fahrenheit Properties: COX inhibitor, LO inhibitor
ß-sitosterol Boiling point: 134*C / 273.2 degree Fahrenheit Properties: Antiinflammatory, 5-a-reductase, inhibitor
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

​These two evaporate at higher temps, but in my experience, the higher temps take away the high.

Root66 thank you ever so much. Yeah its actually my old man that needs it, but over in this part of the world we are so far behind he thinks weed is heroin. I really appreciate all your help man this chart is great and i will always keep it for these references.

Hey Everyone

hey Mr. Reeper,

I was thinking. If you Vape dry cannabis at a temperature of 325F, and Vape the Crap out of it, you can use the ABV (already been vaped) for a CBD only medible or oil.

It essentially is like taking a sleeping pill with no side effects. You can even put them into a gelcap if you wanted.

Make the dosage insanely low. like 25mg or something

Eek

Hey Everyone

hey Mr. Reeper,

I was thinking. If you Vape dry cannabis at a temperature of 325F, and Vape the Crap out of it, you can use the ABV (already been vaped) for a CBD only medible or oil.

It essentially is like taking a sleeping pill with no side effects. You can even put them into a gelcap if you wanted.

Make the dosage insanely low. like 25mg or something

Eek

Thats a great idea thank you very much.

Back