New Grower Is my AutoDurban Poison too small for 8 days from sprout?

Torquemada

Your friendly inquisitor
Reaction score
This is my third grow. First two were Afghan Skunk Auto (Advanced Seeds) that went very well. This time around I'm growing a different strain - AutoDurban Poison in a slightly modified soil setup. I added 1.5 liters of perlite in a 7 liter container for better drainage.

I'm used to Afghan Skunk growing pretty fast so I'm worried that there is something wrong with my Durban. After sprouting 8 days ago it still looks scrawny. What do you guys think: does this plant seem stunted or is it just a different strain with its own pace?

Attachments

• dp-002.jpg
    dp-002.jpg
    101.8 KB · Views: 138
Well I'm no expert, but I have had a few from different strains slow out of the gate here and there. I wouldn't worry just yet. Kinda too early to tell. Mine always seem to even out with the rest. Looks a little slow, but I have had worse with good results in the end. GL with the grow..

It looks fine and on track. When comparing growth with others, you need to factor light intensity(lumens) and dark period.
The pro growers have optimum light, temp, nutes and other tricks to make the most of each plant. Be happy with a reasonable harvest and then learn to tweak for improvements.

What is the air temp and the soil temp? Those should be around 75F, so what 23C? If you are having cool temps it will slow the grow significantly. The temp is the main controller of the plants metabolism. I have never grow Auto Durban, but that looks pathetic for eight days old. I would not pull it yet. Give it a few weeks to express itself some. It might just be doing the majority of it's growth in the root zone for now. The color is not very healthy either. Has it been getting bright light? The paleness and lack of size makes me suspect low light levels and likely need for fertilization.

This is my third grow. First two were Afghan Skunk Auto (Advanced Seeds) that went very well. This time around I'm growing a different strain - AutoDurban Poison in a slightly modified soil setup. I added 1.5 liters of perlite in a 7 liter container for better drainage.

I'm used to Afghan Skunk growing pretty fast so I'm worried that there is something wrong with my Durban. After sprouting 8 days ago it still looks scrawny. What do you guys think: does this plant seem stunted or is it just a different strain with its own pace?

This is your third grow so I would imagine that you would be keeping with the same regime as the prior two? No matter what strain at 8 days that is about 5 behind the average would be my uneducated guess. Here are some Girl Scout Cookies that I just started and they popped on Dec 1st so this is the twelfth day above ground. Your little babies leaves look real droopy.
IMG_1602.JPG
IMG_1599.JPG

Everything is the same except the strain. Considering that Durban is a Sativa, I'll bring it closer to lights and see if it fares better.

Back