Grow Mediums Is third time the charm or will this be another AutoPot failure?

Fantastic Grow so far! Sorry to hear about some of the duds, but everything else you're doing looks great! Sending positive vibes for your garden
:dragon5:
Thanks for the like bomb & the kind words! :pighug::pass:

So I have good news and bad news concerning the Grape Crinkle. I went to water late Friday night & I thought I would give the GC one last look see, and she had actually sprouted. She was a good inch above the soil, but it looked like nothing but a seed with no leaves. The worst case of helmet head I have ever seen! I kept it misted throughout the night & when I finally tried to tug on it with tweezers, it easily pulled out of the medium. I tried to remove the hull with no luck. Finally, using my finger nail I pulled until the stem broke in half. So since I killed it, I tried to mash the seed head and it took a lot to get it to crack. I wish I had took some pictures, but it looked like a weed seed with a tail. So weird! :shrug::peace::pass:

Thought I would do an update. Purple Nuggets at day 15 seemed to have liked the foliar feeding & microbe blast, as her leaves have reached the edge of the 2 gallon pot. I upped her feed from 1 gram of MC per gallon to 1 1/2 grams. She's also been receiving Silica Blast @ 2 1/2 ml per gallon & Cal/Mag+ @ 5ml per gallon, & she's also been getting SuperThrive @ 1ml per 4 gallons. Here's a pic!
IMG_20220314_215220.jpg

The GWK is on day 7 and her single finger leaves have some discoloration, but the other growth looks ok ... so I'm not going to worry about her ... yet! She's getting the same feed as the PN, except the MC is @ 1.25 grams per gallon. Here's a pic!

IMG_20220314_215207.jpg

Finally, we have both CDLCs @ day 3. They are getting the same feed as the GWK, except the MC is @ 1 gram per gallon. Here's a couple pics!

IMG_20220314_215211.jpg

IMG_20220314_224438.jpg

So I've decided to run 3 AutoPots this time and I took out the un-used pot & I replaced the spot with the Purple Nugget, (for now). All 4 plants are in the old shower under the California Lightworks Solar Extreme 250, hanging approx. 40 inches above the canopy. I also have a MarsHydro TS-1000 angled in towards the shower at 75% power. This is to provide the extra heat needed for this time of the year. Once the 3 in AutoPots are ready to be hooked into the res, I'll spread them out under their own lights at that time. Here's another pic and thanks for stopping by! :peace: :pass:

IMG_20220314_215200.jpg

I'm so sorry everyone! It's been over 2 weeks since I've last updated and the plants have been doing great! However, they have been some problems in my personal life. Firstly, my 8 yr old Chromebook finally bit the dust and I haven't had a way to communicate. I know I could have had access on my phone, but because of security & not living in a legal state ... I prefer not too. Also, I've been on the sicky side as allergies have really been messing with me! I've coughed so much that my sides hurt, but I have to try and get it out. I was in the hospital 3x last year for pneumonia and I don't want to go back again! Then the other night I almost pulled my whole grow after I got a call saying the cops were in my driveway. Turned out they had pulled someone over who pulled into my driveway after they hit him with the blue lights. Talk about a bad case of the nerves! Anyways, all seems to be well now and I'll take some pics & do an update later on this eveing. Thanks for stopping by & happy growing! :peace::pass:

I'm so sorry everyone! It's been over 2 weeks since I've last updated and the plants have been doing great! However, they have been some problems in my personal life. Firstly, my 8 yr old Chromebook finally bit the dust and I haven't had a way to communicate. I know I could have had access on my phone, but because of security & not living in a legal state ... I prefer not too. Also, I've been on the sicky side as allergies have really been messing with me! I've coughed so much that my sides hurt, but I have to try and get it out. I was in the hospital 3x last year for pneumonia and I don't want to go back again! Then the other night I almost pulled my whole grow after I got a call saying the cops were in my driveway. Turned out they had pulled someone over who pulled into my driveway after they hit him with the blue lights. Talk about a bad case of the nerves! Anyways, all seems to be well now and I'll take some pics & do an update later on this eveing. Thanks for stopping by & happy growing! :peace::pass:

You're not paranoid - you just live in the USA. I think chromebook is a great idea. I think I'll get one.

You're not paranoid - you just live in the USA. I think chromebook is a great idea. I think I'll get one.
It wouldn't have been so bad except my driveway is pretty long, (200+ yrds), and there's a hill in the middle. So I can't see the main road or anyone pulling in untill they are halfway down the driveway. I was scared shitless! :yoinks: I was watching the driveway hard, ready to pull and flush at a moments notice! :hump::rofl:

Btw, I got a final weight total for my last grow and I was pleasantly suprised as it was my best haul ever! CDLC came in at 8 1/2 zips. Such gassy goodness with the strongest terps yet!!! And the buzz... :baked: I have trouble holding my head up after 1 or 2 rips on the bong! Big time couch lock for sure! :hump: Plus, the lower buds are as big as last grows main colas, (which really says less for the ladder). The 2 Gorilla Glues that shared the same pot brought in 4 & 6 zips, which really blew my mind. And finally... the Cash Crop Auto lived up to her name by weighing in at 330 grams, (11 1/2 zips), which broke my personal record of 9 1/2 zips I got from a SODK. Overall, that's an average of 10 zips per 5 gallon pot, which is another reason why it was my best grow ever! It was a lot of work & even going from 4 to 3 pots didn't seem to decrease the workload. It was really hard keeping enough water de-clorified, espeically once they went to being watered/fed 2x a day! I haven't tested any of the other girls yet as the CDLC keeps calling me back, lol. I've also been using the new Grove Bags and it could be a reason why the terps are so strong this time. Then again, I also used Purpinator at maxium strenght & it's suppose to have the same terp inhanceers as Terpinator. I'll try and get some pics posted soon! Thanks again for stopping by & happy growing! :peace::pass:

As promised, here's an update! Purple Nuggets is on day 26 and doing very well for her age. She's had some leaf wrapping & tucking, and I've also trmmed her 1st single leaf, (along with the shoot that was in the crook). Here is a very crowded group shot before the I did some lst and then a single shot of the PN after traning.
IMG_20220325_192231.jpg

IMG_20220325_195843.jpg

Here's a pic of the other 3 girls by theirselfs.

IMG_20220325_192415.jpg

The biggest plant above, (top right), is the GWK on day 18. As you can see, they look ready to hook up to the AutoPots, but I'm going to wait & think about it for a couple days. Both CDLCs are on day 14 and I wished I had got them centered a little better in the pots. I'm thinking that they need to be hand watered for a while yet. Anyways, here's a pic after I did lst on the GWK & I also moved the PN out of the old grow shower so it wouldn't be so crowded. Btw, sorry for the nasy looking floor. I had to use an old sheet of plywood to get off the cold floor. That's also why the pots are sitting on insulation board. Thanks for stopping by & happy growing! :peace: :pass:

IMG_20220325_195233.jpg

Back