Let the kief dry?

Dr Coughman

Dr. of feelgood
Reaction score
Currently Smoking
Hell hound, Durban Poison
I just scored my first sift screen, i have alot of trim that has been dryed. I froze the trim and sifted it and have a nice pile of kief collected. The question is do i let the kief dry out in the open for awhile since it was frozen? Or do i just can it up as is? Any help would be appreciated... Happy growing.... the good Doc.

Last edited:
I just scored my first sift screen, i have alot of trim that has been dryed. I froze the trim and sifted it and have a nice pile of kief collected. The question is do i let the kief dry out in the open for awhile since it was frozen? Or do i just can it up as is? Any help would be appreciated... Happy growing.... the good Doc.

If you plan to press it into rosin get I would put into the fridge ASAP and press ASAP. The longer you leave open to the elements the more it will oxidise loosing turps and colour.

If your planning on just making it into hash then you can leave out as long as you want.
I find it a lot easier to bring together when its had that extended drying period.

If you plan to press it into rosin get I would put into the fridge ASAP and press ASAP. The longer you leave open to the elements the more it will oxidise loosing turps and colour.

If your planning on just making it into hash then you can leave out as long as you want.
I find it a lot easier to bring together when its had that extended drying period.
Thanks for the reply i was just gonna turn it into hash, i have it all in a jar as of now. I was concerned that it was moist from the freezing process, id hate for it to grow mold or get screwed up.

Back