Light stress? Razor blade edges, dry thin, slowly losing color

Hello :pass:
This look to me as a root issue. Root issues can cause problem in nutrient uptake
Write us some infos about waterings - fertilisation.
Like:
How much do you water your plants.
How many times.
Do you noticed a slower or faster drinking by the plant?
Ph water in - out ?
Ppm?

not an expert but.. giving the plants less light means a slower photosynthesis. Maybe the problem isn’t solved but it s just slowed.

ps. Sometimes happens that if the pot is placed directly on the ground, and the ground is very cold, plant could develop problems on roots caused by the excessive coldness.
Also the lower part of the soil may have been soaked for too much time.. giving 0 oxygen to lower roots, cause root problems.
Hey,
I did have root issues all the time before changing the light,
this time I had a propagator and solo cups and the roots wer all around and healthy white,
so I'm thinking possibly this could be cause the propagator dome holds back some of the light?
I transplanted into a bigger pot and exposed them to the light and it started to go bad (bad like the previous 100 attempts)

I water 400ml everyday 2h after lights on, which gives about 10% runoff (4L pot)
I stay around 1EC intake and runoff is about 1.2ish
The plant does drink because I feel the difference in weight
intake PH is between 5.8 - 6.2 and run off about 5.5, however I'm using coco and coco runoff can be deceiving.
But me being paranoid I still measure it to make sure it not some crazy number lol
I use airpots and bubbled water, AND standing on a strawberry support,
so air holes all over the sides, airpots are build to be raised from the ground, and raised even more with the strawberry support.

But yes I feel like the problem is only slowed down (by alot though)
I do notice alot of growth that I have never seen before, maybe I should give it a few days before panicking, perhaps the new growth will be fine,
The weird part is the tissue not exposed to light looks green and thick (also on those sick leaves you can see).
She has lights off right now so I will check again after.

Thanks for all the help

I never posted for help the previous attempts because I was deeply ashamed of how bad I was doing.
Though some people on here have tried to help me in DM's after I did look for help once 3 years ago lol
Bless them

Yeah, I would stop giving them water everyday but only if they ask for, at this stage, I water usually once every 2/3 days.

you should not be ashamed of posting, we have long-time growers still asking in infirmary for help.
Also I had to trash 200g (all I had) cuz mildew.
Shit happens!! Better we learn so we can fix what we do wrong. :d5:

also I do not suggest you to water every time until runoff, soil should not be totally soak in water neither totally dry.
I usually stay between 50% - 60% soil moisture.

I never posted for help the previous attempts because I was deeply ashamed of how bad I was doing.
Though some people on here have tried to help me in DM's after I did look for help once 3 years ago lol
Bless them
I've been growing since 2016 and I just a clanger now and again so don't feel embarrassed and somebody will get you back on track for sure and to be honest your girl doesn't look in 2 bad of shape also @Don Manzoni posts some really good solutions and I recon just to only feed her once the pots getting light so lift it and I recon that's gonna make a big difference

Yeah, I would stop giving them water everyday but only if they ask for, at this stage, I water usually once every 2/3 days.

you should not be ashamed of posting, we have long-time growers still asking in infirmary for help.
Also I had to trash 200g (all I had) cuz mildew.
Shit happens!! Better we learn so we can fix what we do wrong. :d5:

also I do not suggest you to water every time until runoff, soil should not be totally soak in water neither totally dry.
I usually stay between 50% - 60% soil moisture.
I know but it was bad, not just some deficiency but every plant dying over the course of 2-3years lol
I'm using coco/30%perlite though, which in theory should be replenished with oxygen everyday,
but then again theory is all I got so far lol, I have tried soil, mapito and rfx-1 before but all same results.

I've been growing since 2016 and I just a clanger now and again so don't feel embarrassed and somebody will get you back on track for sure and to be honest your girl doesn't look in 2 bad of shape also @Don Manzoni posts some really good solutions and I recon just to only feed her once the pots getting light so lift it and I recon that's gonna make a big difference
Hi Tom,

Yeah I remember you from a couple years back in my posts haha
Honestly she does not look to bad, that's why I posted because I felt like for the first time the plant was not gonna die on me,
just the razor blades got me worrying mostly.

I can try to let her dry out a day extra, I did read somewhere razor blades could be cause by too much water at the roots, but just some random internet post from 2013 lol

Hi Tom,

Honestly she does not look to bad, that's why I posted because I felt like for the first time the plant was not gonna die on me,

I can try to let her dry out a day extra, I did read somewhere razor blades could be cause by too much water at the roots, but just some random internet post from 2013 lol
so ya know how long I've been at it but I'm a coco grower normally but I've started doing some soil ones with biotabs and I had issues a while ago with overwatering and I think that may have a lot to do with what you're seeing but I'm no expert far from it

so ya know how long I've been at it but I'm a coco grower normally but I've started doing some soil ones with biotabs and I had issues a while ago with overwatering and I think that may have a lot to do with what you're seeing but I'm no expert far from it
I think people missed some info in my sea of text but I am using coco + 30% perlite :D

5, however I'm using coco and coco runoff can be deceiving.

Hi Tom,

yes you can let the coco dry a little when plants are young but when you do fertagate it should be to 20% runoff aways… Also I am under the opposite understanding and runoff reading from coco can be helpful but I don’t pay much attention to mine unless I see a problem

I didn't water yesterday, the medium is moist but lost about half its weight
the top layer is still moist aswell.
I will keep doing this until I see roots at the bottom, it's easy to see because of the airpots.

My question is do I feed every 2 or 3 days?
The weight makes me think 2 is enough but feeling the top layer it also makes me think 1 more day won't hurt.

Some pics right after lights came on

Attachments

• IMG_20221217_160639.jpg
    IMG_20221217_160639.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 25
  • IMG_20221217_160312.jpg
    IMG_20221217_160312.jpg
    3.4 MB · Views: 25
  • IMG_20221217_160331.jpg
    IMG_20221217_160331.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 23
Back