Light stress? Razor blade edges, dry thin, slowly losing color

Water when the first 2/3 cm from de surface to the bottom soil is dried, as for the nutrients, use half of the suggested dosage. Also I would recommend to feed every watering, you can split the weekly dosage to fit for every watering.

Water when the first 2/3 cm from de surface to the bottom soil is dried, as for the nutrients, use half of the suggested dosage. Also I would recommend to feed every watering, you can split the weekly dosage to fit for every watering.
If i want the top to dry out I'll have to give it another day, as for dosage I just use the correct ratios and go by EC,
I've been feeding 1EC and runoff has been between 1 and 1.3 for the past 2 weeks.

Just to make sure you're talking about coco right?, because you used the word soil :D

Not much to report but she is still growing
been watering every 3 days and roots are starting to show at the bottom
razor blades are still happening (no razor blades on new growth that doesn't get direct light)

Attachments

• IMG_20221220_164933.jpg
    IMG_20221220_164933.jpg
    2.4 MB · Views: 20
  • IMG_20221220_161041.jpg
    IMG_20221220_161041.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 22
Plant seems being in a good shape !! But I think she is still asking for help, what about some magnesium?
With led light I had problems solved with a higher rate of magnesium, I suggest to grab some Epsom salt and foliage spray them. :pass:

I've been watering only once every 3 days for nearly 2 weeks
I've also seen roots coming out the bottom so they must be growing in there.
I did epson salt foliar but didn't see any change.
As the razor blades kept showing on new leaves I pulled the light back a little more, yep even more, barely 8 dli...
Now the razor blades stopped after I pulled the light back,
but I have a 2nd plant who went from razor blades to taco lol (2 pics of the smaller plant)

They are still growing though so I guess I got that going for me :D

happy holidays

Attachments

• IMG_20221228_170043.jpg
    IMG_20221228_170043.jpg
    2.9 MB · Views: 18
  • IMG_20221228_170125.jpg
    IMG_20221228_170125.jpg
    3 MB · Views: 21
  • IMG_20221228_165947.jpg
    IMG_20221228_165947.jpg
    2.2 MB · Views: 21
  • IMG_20221228_170009.jpg
    IMG_20221228_170009.jpg
    1.8 MB · Views: 19
Plant seems being in a good shape !! But I think she is still asking for help, what about some magnesium?
With led light I had problems solved with a higher rate of magnesium, I suggest to grab some Epsom salt and foliage spray them. :pass:
what if there in bud? Early bud but bud can you still foliage spray?

I think she's doing pretty good compared to where we started.
However it looks like the razor blades are showing again on the leaves growing closer to the light
and I have no idea what to make of this.
She is getting 8 dli, 300 watt lamp at 20% almost at the ceiling of the tent lol

Attachments

• IMG_20230105_195128.jpg
    IMG_20230105_195128.jpg
    2.4 MB · Views: 13
  • IMG_20230106_015506.jpg
    IMG_20230106_015506.jpg
    2.6 MB · Views: 15
  • IMG_20230106_015538.jpg
    IMG_20230106_015538.jpg
    2 MB · Views: 13
I think she's doing pretty good compared to where we started.
However it looks like the razor blades are showing again on the leaves growing closer to the light
and I have no idea what to make of this.
She is getting 8 dli, 300 watt lamp at 20% almost at the ceiling of the tent lol
Looks like you are in better shape.

Are you sure you are calculating your dli correctly though? 8 seems REALLY low. For either auto/photos. What kind of light are you using, and how long are you running it for? Im sorry if I missed any info scrolling through the thread. Right now it looks like your plants are big enough to handle their full 400-600umol/sec, at 18hrs a day thats 25-38dli. I start on the low end and if it looks like my plants are stretching during veg I will bump it up gradually.

Just remember light, food, and water have a balance. If you arent giving it a lot of light you barely need to feed. Tbh if you really are only getting 8dli you may only need 1/4 of the recommended feed dosages. I doubt you are though even at 150umol per sec you're still at 10 dli. Light is your plants main nutrient. It powers all process of the plant including nutrient uptake and processing.

Also your nutrients need a balance too. Too much of one can either increase the rate of absorption or stop it all together. Theres a chart thats confusing to follow but Im gonna upload it anyway. It shows how the main nutrients for plants interact with eachother. Dotted lines show which nutrient increases uptake of the ones the arrows point to. The solid lines show the nutrients that get blocked when there is too much of one. Again follow the arrows to find the blocked nutrient. It is my belief that any connected with arrows in both directions has a balance and both are required in proper levels proportional to eachother.
Screenshot_20230103_002410_Google.jpg

Remember most nutrient regimens are already balanced according to the directions for that line. But most feed lines are designed to feed a broad range of plants so when growing in hydro based mediums you will be able to adjust levels easier, in soil I just cut or increase on dosages as a whole and let the soil and plant get back to the levels it needs, but that comes with expirience.

Last edited:
Looks like you are in better shape.

Are you sure you are calculating your dli correctly though? 8 seems REALLY low. For either auto/photos. What kind of light are you using, and how long are you running it for? Im sorry if I missed any info scrolling through the thread. Right now it looks like your plants are big enough to handle their full 400-600umol/sec, at 18hrs a day thats 25-38dli. I start on the low end and if it looks like my plants are stretching during veg I will bump it up gradually.

Just remember light, food, and water have a balance. If you arent giving it a lot of light you barely need to feed. Tbh if you really are only getting 8dli you may only need 1/4 of the recommended feed dosages. I doubt you are though even at 150umol per sec you're still at 10 dli. Light is your plants main nutrient. It powers all process of the plant including nutrient uptake and processing.

Also your nutrients need a balance too. Too much of one can either increase the rate of absorption or stop it all together. Theres a chart thats confusing to follow but Im gonna upload it anyway. It shows how the main nutrients for plants interact with eachother. Dotted lines show which nutrient increases uptake of the ones the arrows point to. The solid lines show the nutrients that get blocked when there is too much of one. Again follow the arrows to find the blocked nutrient. It is my belief that any connected with arrows in both directions has a balance and both are required in proper levels proportional to eachother.
View attachment 1553273

Remember most nutrient regimens are already balanced according to the directions for that line. But most feed lines are designed to feed a broad range of plants so when growing in hydro based mediums you will be able to adjust levels easier, in soil I just cut or increase on dosages as a whole and let the soil and plant get back to the levels it needs, but that comes with expirience.

I'm a bit in a weird situation,
I was unable to even get to this stage for a long time, I was following recommended intensity for the light, like most people.
The light is a TSW2000, 300 watts, currently only on 20% about 40inch distance
I never attempted to lower the intensity until now as a last resort, and weirdly enough the plant started growing but razor blades started to show,
I lowered the intensity even more to what its at now and the razor blades went away,
now that the plant is growing taller the razor blades are starting to show on the top leaves again,
which is extremely confusing considering its only using 60 watts...

As for nutrients I am using masterblend where I'm pretty confident about the correct ratios,
But possibly the root were not established enough because of the problems and some stuff is going on there.
Although I have started to see roots show at the bottom, hopefully she just need some time as I don't see what else I could change at this point.
But then again that doesn't change the light mystery lmao, (made in china I guess?)

Back