Lighting ideas for a 4x4 tent

The QB 96 is a different beast altogether as it is using high power LEDs. It is not nearly as efficient as the newer lights, PPF is 2.0 The 200 Diablo has a PPF of over 3.0. That's a huge difference. The QB 96 is great for people with space issues or adjustability and is a better option than COBs. But it is hard to beat superior chip count run at lower power. Your getting better coverage from having many more point sources. IMO, if they continue the QB 96, it needs a chip upgrade.
Sure keep them an add a QB 200. Then cut your lighting hours to 18/6 because you'll be maxing out your plants lighting needs.

The penny pincher in me keeps considering keeping my 2x 96 QB Elites and just adding lights. Do you know by chance how far off are the Elites from the other HLG fixtures (Phontontek one as well) that have been mentioned performance wise?

I really prefer people discuss other brands in another thread. This is my company's thread and I've no interest in promoting other people's lights. Put whatever light you want in a tent and enjoy the results! But I'm here to answer questions about HLG products not debate the merits of Brand X. And there's not a light out there right now with a better PPF.

We can debate spectrum all day long and neither you nor I will be able to prove one is all that much better than the other. I'll stick to choosing my lights by efficiency and service rep of the company. I know what HLG's rep is, in fact, I volunteered for this job because of their rep and my personal experience with them! It was just icing on the cake that they offered to pay me!

Free electricity?? Do I want to know? Still do the environment a favor and ditch that old tech.

I have a bit of a special situation with lots of old hardware free electricity and no need for big harvest since i don't smoke (my friends do) or sell it anymore. I grow because i like to watch it grow and smell it and you make new friends real easy with that dank smell on your clothes lol.

Free electricity?? Do I want to know? Still do the environment a favor and ditch that old tech.
1646957116567.png

Sure since mining all the resources to make new tech making it shipping it doesn't use any energy or affect the environment (in China they use coal right?) I mean making it somewhere else surely makes it ok. ;D

Last edited:
I really prefer people discuss other brands in another thread. This is my company's thread and I've no interest in promoting other people's lights.

Put whatever light you want in a tent and enjoy the results! But I'm here to answer questions about HLG products not debate the merits of Brand X. And there's not a light out there right now with a better PPF.

Disagree with just that first part, mate. Thread was posted as more of a general question about good lights. I tagged you in as I know you could speak to your companies excellent products, quality, and reputation. Plus I figured you'd be able to snag a sale with being able to answer specifics. I think it's invaluable having a company rep you can bounce questions off of. I also love that you were able to point out the benefit of direct or approved vendor sales and not getting burned by a questionable 3rd party over a small price difference.

Thanks for all the input you've taken the time to give.

this is an amazing light if you don't care about evo and the newest

Groplanner

It's modular, cheap and kicks butt 756 diodes on a 150w light for 69 bucks with dimmer or 109 with wifi controller you can daisy chain and clip into each other them with screws/plugs depending on the area needed

I’ve been thinking of one of these to upgrade my 2x2

I really prefer people discuss other brands in another thread. This is my company's thread and I've no interest in promoting other people's lights. Put whatever light you want in a tent and enjoy the results! But I'm here to answer questions about HLG products not debate the merits of Brand X. And there's not a light out there right now with a better PPF.

We can debate spectrum all day long and neither you nor I will be able to prove one is all that much better than the other. I'll stick to choosing my lights by efficiency and service rep of the company. I know what HLG's rep is, in fact, I volunteered for this job because of their rep and my personal experience with them! It was just icing on the cake that they offered to pay me!
I'm sorry @Les @HLG I thought I was in just a grow light discussion thread so I'm sorry if mentioned another company I was just giving him some options

Back