Indoor LilD get's some Earthbox's

What should we put in them?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Lil Dab

Don't know your training style. I use two things. I have a bunch of these adustable plastic clips. They work great!
I also use a tie down set up. It consists of 3 items. Garden velcro tape, soft wire and clam style paper clips. Take your tape and wrap it around the wire. Move the wrapped tape down the soft wire far enough that you can twist the end back on itself tightly so it can't unravel. Make the tape as long as needed, make a hook on one end for the plant or loosely loop it around the branch and twist the wire on itself for stronger pulls. Just clip the velcro tape to the top edge of the EB.
It's easy, flexible and resuseable. It's not too much of a PIA with the cover if you build the nute mound large enough for limited top dressings needed.
I try to use the clips as much as possible and they work very well.

I’m tagging along.

Not sure if you mentioned it, but make sure you pack and moisten the soil in the two wicking spots before you pour the soil in. Watch the buildasoil YouTube video about setting up earthboxs if you haven’t. I think it’s in season 3. He sets up a regular EB but the principles are the same. I do like to leave an inch or two of space at the top.

Now about filling the Rez and nute bank. You want the plant to be established enough before you fill the rez. So it actually drinks up the water and it doesn’t sit and go anaerobic. So regular top watering at first. I usually fill it anywhere between day 17-21. Per @WildBill once the leaves have grown to the edges of the Jr. then it’s time to fill the rez. Start with one liter and once it’s drinking it within 48 hours add another liter until you’re adding about a gallon to the rez. I’m on day 32 and still not filling it all the way up yet.

I also like to do a small top dress when I fill the rez the first time. Train those feeder roots early, but that’s just me. I do my regular top dress of BAS craft blend 1/2 - 1 cup per plant topped with about 2” of BuildaFlower every 30ish days. Use the power of the earthboxes and mound that nute bank up.

I’ve also been top watering in some benies at least once a week. Aka recharge, enzyme elixir, silica, compost tea, etc. I usually use 0.5 - 1 L and pour it on top when I fill the rez. The plants seem to love it this round.

Oh and thanks for the tag :cheers: hope the above clears up some questions you had. Earthboxes are awesome. Welcome to the club :thumbsup: and feel free to ask if you got any other questions. GL on your grow mate!

Lil Dab

Don't know your training style. I use two things. I have a bunch of these adustable plastic clips. They work great!
I also use a tie down set up. It consists of 3 items. Garden velcro tape, soft wire and clam style paper clips. Take your tape and wrap it around the wire. Move the wrapped tape down the soft wire far enough that you can twist the end back on itself tightly so it can't unravel. Make the tape as long as needed, make a hook on one end for the plant or loosely loop it around the branch and twist the wire on itself for stronger pulls. Just clip the velcro tape to the top edge of the EB.
It's easy, flexible and resuseable. It's not too much of a PIA with the cover if you build the nute mound large enough for limited top dressings needed.
I try to use the clips as much as possible and they work very well.
Well I don’t really have a set in stone way sometimes I just top then just keep the branches spread out.. Where as other times I’ll bend them over and train all the branches over too
I’m tagging along.

Not sure if you mentioned it, but make sure you pack and moisten the soil in the two wicking spots before you pour the soil in. Watch the buildasoil YouTube video about setting up earthboxs if you haven’t. I think it’s in season 3. He sets up a regular EB but the principles are the same. I do like to leave an inch or two of space at the top.

Now about filling the Rez and nute bank. You want the plant to be established enough before you fill the rez. So it actually drinks up the water and it doesn’t sit and go anaerobic. So regular top watering at first. I usually fill it anywhere between day 17-21. Per @WildBill once the leaves have grown to the edges of the Jr. then it’s time to fill the rez. Start with one liter and once it’s drinking it within 48 hours add another liter until you’re adding about a gallon to the rez. I’m on day 32 and still not filling it all the way up yet.

I also like to do a small top dress when I fill the rez the first time. Train those feeder roots early, but that’s just me. I do my regular top dress of BAS craft blend 1/2 - 1 cup per plant topped with about 2” of BuildaFlower every 30ish days. Use the power of the earthboxes and mound that nute bank up.

I’ve also been top watering in some benies at least once a week. Aka recharge, enzyme elixir, silica, compost tea, etc. I usually use 0.5 - 1 L and pour it on top when I fill the rez. The plants seem to love it this round.

Oh and thanks for the tag :cheers: hope the above clears up some questions you had. Earthboxes are awesome. Welcome to the club :thumbsup: and feel free to ask if you got any other questions. GL on your grow mate!
Yup perfect answer helped me understand the filling of the Rez better.. I get it now :toke:
Solid plan, hope it goes smooth. I'd be ready with some pest management on hand. The CoM is great but the last bag we tried had a load of fungus gnats. Plants in it are super healthy, just needed a couple doses of the BTI.
Yup I do have BTI spinosad and plan on getting nematodes coming

Solid plan, hope it goes smooth. I'd be ready with some pest management on hand. The CoM is great but the last bag we tried had a load of fungus gnats. Plants in it are super healthy, just needed a couple doses of the BTI.
I have to put my Oly in a tote and bust it all up. I think the best thing to do is make it snow with DE and seal it back up. I guess I've been lucky with not using my own compost. Never in my life have I ever had gnats, until cannabis. It was all MY compost!!!!! I wish I had a bunch of my special tomato compost. It grew some amazing 'maters!

edit.........I guess I'm just going have to include a DE 'isolation period' on my bulk compost that I buy. Just another step and more damn planning.
Personally, there's no excuse for damn fungus gnats.

Last edited:
1679760279508.gif

Well I don’t really have a set in stone way sometimes I just top then just keep the branches spread out.. Where as other times I’ll bend them over and train all the branches over too

Yup perfect answer helped me understand the filling of the Rez better.. I get it now :toke:

Yup I do have BTI spinosad and plan on getting nematodes coming
My todes will be hera Monday.

Back