Live Stoners Live Stoner Chat - Jul-Sep '23

Status
Not open for further replies.
We had BLTT sandwich and salad for linner tonight. We are growing German Green Tomatoes that are ripe when still green in color. This one is close to overripe. They have a very different flavor from most tomatoes and It is delicious. I will grow them again next year.

IMG_20230827_221201495.jpg
IMG_20230827_170249817.jpg

Decided to upgrade to the 600gph air pump.

Can DWC have too much air?

View attachment 1627423
Not too much air but it can be too violent and strip the roots of the fine "root hairs" that turn into the feeder roots. This will slow growth and can open the plant to secondary infections. HydroGuard is your friend! As explained before the size of the bubbles is the the key to getting the most oxygen dissolved into the water. Smaller is better. It is this dissolved oxygen that the roots need not contact with bubbles. Water will absorb and hold the most oxygen at 68°F at 78°F+ it absorbs much much less and you will begin to have problems no matter the size of the bubbles. I always run two air pumps with one on a UPS battery back-up and an air-stone from each pump in each reservoir. I learned that lesson the hard way.

We've been getting crazy weather here too. Its consistently been 10* cooler than the forecast the last few days, and we've gotten rain every day. Found out one of my gutters is completely packed full, I need to fix that soon.

I work from home most of the time, but this coming week I have to go in a few days, which sucks. Have to go to an all day meeting thing for some projects I'm working on. At least they are providing lunch. Had to lay out some clothes earlier, and I put my laptop and backpack in the bathroom with an ozone generator because I do smoke around my laptop and I didn't want to go to work and turn it on and all of a sudden the room start smelling like weed, ROFL.

I purchased an ozone generator to sanitize the grow space and lung room. I have tons of plastic stuff in that room. Do I need to remove it to run the ozone? Have you had any problems using it?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back