Live Stoners Live Stoner Chat - Oct-Dec '22. 2700 pagez & 483k viewz

Status
Not open for further replies.
That is a really good deal!!
I'm pretty sure the analytical guys at work keep thier pH meters in a storage soln when not in use. They are probably way more precise than our needs.
Still might not hurt to have the replaceable probe and possibly a calibration soon above 7 as well. They'd tell ya that if your calibrated from 4 to 7 you only know it's right between those 2 data points and anything outside is a black box. Again they need to be way more precise than our needs and even that 20 seems like a fantastic deal
I'm just using pH paper at the moment.
Love my ph60. Calibrates at 4.0, 7.0 and 10.0. I don't keep it in solution but it stays fine with the cap on as long as it stays wet :thumbsup:

That is a really good deal!!
I'm pretty sure the analytical guys at work keep thier pH meters in a storage soln when not in use. They are probably way more precise than our needs.
Still might not hurt to have the replaceable probe and possibly a calibration soon above 7 as well. They'd tell ya that if your calibrated from 4 to 7 you only know it's right between those 2 data points and anything outside is a black box. Again they need to be way more precise than our needs and even that 20 seems like a fantastic deal
I'm just using pH paper at the moment.
That’s the key, proper storage of the electrode and calibration. The Apera allows a three point calibration, I do that monthly. But storing the electrode is the proper solution is really key. I had a $15.00 meter last for several years by keeping it clean and storing it in solution.

@Kirka88 - I've been using a Milwaukee Instruments pH600AQ for the last couple years. Calibrate once a month and add a few drops of storage solution to the cap each use. I think most people skimp on cal fluid and storage fluid.

~$22 either off their website or Amazon. It's cheap but mine was made in Romania instead of China. Seems to be a nice balance point between the $10 cheapies and the $60+ Apera/Bluelab units.

Just bought my boys birthday present
il_794xN.4461720307_741r.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back