Live Stoners Live Stoner Chat - Oct-Dec '23

Status
Not open for further replies.
You can eat them fresh…
True, but I'm not gonna start out after 30 years eating like I used to. Think a gram to start with 1 in reserve. So the rest gonna need to sit a bit....so drying it is.

Edit: remember when I joined to get help with my first grow, I hadn't smoked in over 25 years...had to protect the income.

According to online pics a few should be ready by morning. Caps don't open up too much. Got the dehydrator ready to go so should be good for tomorrow night.
You can also just throw them on a cooling rack for a couple of days before the dehydrator as long as you can keep them somewhere under 50%. When mine were finishing I was picking them a couple times a day at the enda

@Olderfart and @Lil Dab appreciate the reps guys! Yeah I like the little sift box.
150 micron and 75 micron. Got it from a guy on EBay, he’s out in Vegas. Hashman is his name. It was a little pricey for what it is, but is built well and with stainless steel screen.
I’m trying to make hash balls, cobs, coconut oil caps and save enough flower to give to friends and family.
I love the wooden design, I have some stainless mesh that I got for the purpose, but haven't done anything with it yet. Your box may be the inspiration I need. Wood is good for this setup, plastic makes static, which would make kief hard to handle. I think... :pighug:

You can also just throw them on a cooling rack for a couple of days before the dehydrator as long as you can keep them somewhere under 50%. When mine were finishing I was picking them a couple times a day at the enda
Florida....
We never see 50%

True, but I'm not gonna start out after 30 years eating like I used to. Think a gram to start with 1 in reserve. So the rest gonna need to sit a bit....so drying it is.

Edit: remember when I joined to get help with my first grow, I hadn't smoked in over 25 years...had to protect the income.
I'd dry them until you get used to them at least. They shrink down way more then dried buds, so I could see underestimating it easily

I'd dry them until you get used to them at least. They shrink down way more then dried buds, so I could see underestimating it easily
And since most dosing charts / advise use dried as the standard I think it best.

plastic makes static, which would make kief hard to handle. I think..
Did you ever see the old hash church videos where they used dvd cases (the binding side) to work kief over large screens…..utilizing the static effect to collect pure resin heads on the top side of the dvd binding. This would be “full melt” ….

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back