Live Stoners Live Stoner Chat - Oct-Dec '23

Status
Not open for further replies.
Tomahawk temps.
Afternoon @Frankthetank .....:pass:... #SharingOne :bighug:

What temp do you cook your tomahawk......High or medium.........?

My head says Fast and Furious Grill 400F like normal.........but looking at the meat it might need a medium heat......more roast 220f oven..:chef:...
Good morning Auntie :bighug: :pass:

You can do a reverse sear on it. Cook at 220 f until you reach an internal temp of about 115-125 f depending how done you want the finished steak to be. At that point, rest fully….15 or 20 minutes…..then dry off, and sear in a ripping hot pan with some fat, or on your already preheated to 500+ grill (really as hot as you can get it) on each side for a couple minutes. No need to rest a second time.

I don’t know more then that I don’t pay attention it’s outta my control and I have to have it. I’d rather not piss my self off by looking at the price :doh::wall::joy:

Ha...you'd be quadruple pissed off if you lived in Europe...we Cry when we see you fuel prices.......... :biggrin:

@Mossy you can do the first part in your smoker if it will fit….:eyebrows:

I Think it might fit....:eyebrows:...but as hubby is a bit iffy about the smoker just now...and it's his B-day Treat.....I probably won't smoke......

Do you normally debone.....?........I was Thinking I might have to to fit......but I Think it will be okay.........

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back