Live Stoners Live Stoner Chat - Oct-Dec '23

Status
Not open for further replies.
Screenshot_2023-11-11-11-15-42-438.jpg

:smokeout: :smokeout: :smokeout: :smokeout:

….aaaaannnnnnndddddddddd the hot water heater just died :doh: :doh: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:
been there. When I replaced the heater, I eventually discovered that pex standards have changed. The new compression rings don't work on the old pex. Whoda thunk eh? After three unsuccessful attempts at joining the new tank without leaks, I consulted the local plumbing place and found out that my old pex is too thin for the new rings. Got the adapter rings, and perfect seals first crimps.

So know yer pex before you crimp. If you are dealing with pex. :pighug:

Why is everyone replace their water heaters...just drain it and replace the heater element.
because the usual failure is leaking, not element failure? Mine leaked, but the heating lasted for over 20 years.

been there. When I replaced the heater, I eventually discovered that pex standards have changed. The new compression rings don't work on the old pex. Whoda thunk eh? After three unsuccessful attempts at joining the new tank without leaks, I consulted the local plumbing place and found out that my old pex is too thin for the new rings. Got the adapter rings, and perfect seals first crimps.

I’m paying someone to fix it…they’ll be here Monday morning (spoke to them a little while ago)…. I would rather let someone else do it….plus, I deal with numbness in my hands from the spinal injury…. And that makes things like this about ten thousand times harder to do. :pass:

REALLY?:yoinks::face:Any idea when they made the change?
Hopefully, I won't need to know for quite a while!!!!!!!!!
That reminds me I need to do a flush on my little stupid ELECTRIC water heater.
I got a little bit out of it when I first flushed it after buying the property. I do it about once a year and get a tiny bit.

When you buy a new hot water heater you will see 5, and 10 year warrantied heaters. The only difference is the warranty itself, the 10 year ones aren't built to a higher standard.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back