Live Stoners Longtime no grow

Hi Dory and welcome to AFN.....
Been at this hobby a long time, and you're absolutely right....there's a lot of conflicting info for every stage.
I only germ straight into my final grow medium under T5HO on 24/0. With T5, lights can be within a couple of inches from your plants at any stage. I keep mine under T5 for 2-3 weeks. Have never seen a difference with lights on or off during germ. Managing temp/humidity is more important.
With your 1200W led, I have no clue except watch your leaves.....

Thanks, yeh am a bit concerned about heat and not sure I can afford to invest in air con right now. A week has passed and 4 out of the 5 seeds have broken through the soil and it looks as if #5 is a slow starter... or non starter, will wait a few more days. My space is 1.5m x 4.5m. It is built into a loft space with plenty of height..... but heat could be a problem now it is getting warmer. I have no reflective sheeting in there at the moment and am trying to keep temperatures between 22-28 running lights at night and am, it is getting hot in there on the warmer days we been having have had top temp of 27.5 but it cools overnight to 20 and stays around there until pm.... then my lights go out and the room gets warm. I was planning on putting in some diamond reflective sheeting around the room to the height of the plants expected growth, not covering entire room.... but worried this will make the room even warmer? Have also been looking at water cooling systems but some reports say they can increase the humidity... my room is maintaining 60% RH currently and will bring that down by turning the humidifier off or put it on timer as grow progresses into veg.

I am beginning to wonder if I should have bought a small tent something like a h90 x w60 x h90 ....but have already spent £120 on the LED's which at 1200w would be overkill in such a small tent...... so feeling a bit meh today wondering if I should down size my light and get a tent...or do I stick with the 1200w lamp and go with the mylar? Any suggestions would be welcome :)

Last edited:
If you have a walmart near you check in their “as seen on tv” section. I saw a small cube air condtioner for 20 bucks.

If you have a walmart near you check in their “as seen on tv” section. I saw a small cube air condtioner for 20 bucks.

Hi Jpkindbud, thanks for the reply I wondering if one of these would help, there is so much information online can get a bit overloaded, there is a 4litre one on amazon which has pretty good reviews... so I am thinking this and the mylar would be best option.... thanks again for your help

Hi Jpkindbud, thanks for the reply I wondering if one of these would help, there is so much information online can get a bit overloaded, there is a 4litre one on amazon which has pretty good reviews... so I am thinking this and the mylar would be best option.... thanks again for your help
No problem @Dory we are all here to help! Dontcha just love this forum? AFN Rocks!

No problem @Dory we are all here to help! Dontcha just love this forum? AFN Rocks!

I am finding AFN very helpful, and everyone seems friendly :) I haven't grown for over ten years and my set up is very different than previously.... so getting nervy already. I think my future grows will run September to May... this one has 2 months to go and I am resenting the warm weather :nono:

Slow Progress
Hi everyone.... am having a rethink on my groom right now... I hadn't installed a large enough carbon filter so am now waiting for 8" rhino 200 x 400 extraction kit and have ordered a 6" extractor which will be used to bring in fresh air from outside.

I think I've stunted my first 4 seedlings...have had issues with heat in my loft and have never grown auto b4 so am not sure how big seedlings should be at 14 days from taproot show date.

Today I've resorted to placing plants outside in sunny position with dappled shade from tree and plan to bring them back in this evening back under the LEDs overnight. My thinking is that this way I can minimise heat stress until I can better control ventilation and heat in groom. Here they are so far.... I think they are stunted and am hoping they recover. We have good weather forecast this week so hoping a few afternoons outside in fresh air will help?

I am prepared to ditch these seeds and start again if I have to.. but hope I can save them.. I'm feeding once every 3 watering once coco is dry 1/4 dose of biobizz veg, calmag added and water Ph 6.2 -4. Have added tiny amount of maxicrop seaweed fertiliser and potsil silicon to feed.

All feedback welcome... my main question is are they likely to recover after being stunted?

Attachments

• 20200518_141047.jpg
    20200518_141047.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 37
  • 20200518_141022.jpg
    20200518_141022.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 40
  • 20200518_140854.jpg
    20200518_140854.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 37
  • 20200518_140832.jpg
    20200518_140832.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 37
Hi everyone.... am having a rethink on my groom right now... I hadn't installed a large enough carbon filter so am now waiting for 8" rhino 200 x 400 extraction kit and have ordered a 6" extractor which will be used to bring in fresh air from outside.

I think I've stunted my first 4 seedlings...have had issues with heat in my loft and have never grown auto b4 so am not sure how big seedlings should be at 14 days from taproot show date.

Today I've resorted to placing plants outside in sunny position with dappled shade from tree and plan to bring them back in this evening back under the LEDs overnight. My thinking is that this way I can minimise heat stress until I can better control ventilation and heat in groom. Here they are so far.... I think they are stunted and am hoping they recover. We have good weather forecast this week so hoping a few afternoons outside in fresh air will help?

I am prepared to ditch these seeds and start again if I have to.. but hope I can save them.. I'm feeding once every 3 watering once coco is dry 1/4 dose of biobizz veg, calmag added and water Ph 6.2 -4. Have added tiny amount of maxicrop seaweed fertiliser and potsil silicon to feed.

All feedback welcome... my main question is are they likely to recover after being stunted?
They maybe look a little small but they seem alright to me. I wouldn't give up on them yet. Mine never do much the first couple weeks.

Back