Live Stoners Longtime no grow

Dory

Welcome to the CannaZone
Reaction score
Currently Smoking
'Auto Xtreme' (Dutch Passion) & 'Fast 2 Vast' (Heavyweight)
Hi all, Thank you for having me. So, this is my first grow for 10 years. (Past hydroponics (wilma) 2 grows out of the 3, had better results hand feeding. Dutch Gold, White Widow & Purple Haze. 6 plants per grow, using HPV lights) 10yrs have passed and oh how things have changed. Since my kit arrived, I've been lurking around reading various threads, decided to join in and ask for your opinion on my set up? Everything is installed, waiting patiently for first seed pack.

Auto Fast 2 Vast (60-65 day seed to harvest expecting 70-75 though.
5x 10 ltr pots X shape config
BioBizz Nutes
Hand Watering/Feeding
Water hopefully between ph 5.8 - 6.2
1200W LED Philzon
Room Size 3.5' x 7'
Planned Grow space under lamp 1m x 1.5m
Coco 75% 25% Perlite
Humidifier, Co2 Filter and tower fan.
Plant to run lights at night 20/4 -wk 1-6 from 5pm - 12 noon then 24/7 wk 6-9
Germination, peat pods, dark for 24 hrs, using propagator under light at 1m" height, Will adjust through progress.
Will Start nutes on wk 2 ( half BB reccomend. Using BB 8 week feeding guide)

Epsom salts with nutes at week 7/8
If all goes well, hope to Plan to flush week 9 and then the exciting stuff...harvest, dry and cure.

My initial concern is the lighting. Will the lamp be enough for 5/6 plants? and will I top? I hope to try Mainlining using tent pegs or garden wire for first time on 1 or 2 girlies. I topped all plants last time but some say not to with autos? So many questions.

I have a mix of fabric and plastic pots, last time I used plastic pots, Canna nutes and 100% coco. Didn't use CalMag but rhizotonic... thinking of using BB veg and evaluating after 2 weeks?

Last time I averaged 3/4oz dry per plant. If I can match that will be happy. Anyway think I've rambled enough, I will put up pictures as I go...maybe do a journal. I would greatly appreciate wise words along the way.

Hi all, Thank you for having me. So, this is my first grow for 10 years. (Past hydroponics (wilma) 2 grows out of the 3, had better results hand feeding. Dutch Gold, White Widow & Purple Haze. 6 plants per grow, using HPV lights) 10yrs have passed and oh how things have changed. Since my kit arrived, I've been lurking around reading various threads, decided to join in and ask for your opinion on my set up? Everything is installed, waiting patiently for first seed pack.

Auto Fast 2 Vast (60-65 day seed to harvest expecting 70-75 though.
5x 10 ltr pots X shape config
BioBizz Nutes
Hand Watering/Feeding
Water hopefully between ph 5.8 - 6.2
1200W LED Philzon
Room Size 3.5' x 7'
Planned Grow space under lamp 1m x 1.5m
Coco 75% 25% Perlite
Humidifier, Co2 Filter and tower fan.
Plant to run lights at night 20/4 -wk 1-6 from 5pm - 12 noon then 24/7 wk 6-9
Germination, peat pods, dark for 24 hrs, using propagator under light at 1m" height, Will adjust through progress.
Will Start nutes on wk 2 ( half BB reccomend. Using BB 8 week feeding guide)

Epsom salts with nutes at week 7/8
If all goes well, hope to Plan to flush week 9 and then the exciting stuff...harvest, dry and cure.

My initial concern is the lighting. Will the lamp be enough for 5/6 plants? and will I top? I hope to try Mainlining using tent pegs or garden wire for first time on 1 or 2 girlies. I topped all plants last time but some say not to with autos? So many questions.

I have a mix of fabric and plastic pots, last time I used plastic pots, Canna nutes and 100% coco. Didn't use CalMag but rhizotonic... thinking of using BB veg and evaluating after 2 weeks?

Last time I averaged 3/4oz dry per plant. If I can match that will be happy. Anyway think I've rambled enough, I will put up pictures as I go...maybe do a journal. I would greatly appreciate wise words along the way.

heya @Dory and :welcome: to afn! :toke: all soundz good & anything u need, jus give a holler :thumbsup:

ppp & :goodluck:

:420:
unnamed (4).jpg

Thanks for the warm welcome :)
:thanks:

On the way..... hopefully
Hi everyone, I would really appreciate some reassurance, so... beans arrived Friday and this is what I have been up to......

Friday 1/5 8pm placed in paper towel, damp, into sandwich box
Kept damp. Left in dark airing cupboard (peat pods didn't arrive so I couldn't wait, so went back to my 'old way').

Sunday 3/5 am, Tap roots emerge. 5/5 germinated. Yipee. :yay:Planted into coco, lightly watered using Epsom Salt mix in still spring water 1 teaspoon per litre) watered lightly.
room temp - keeping between 21.5 and 24 degrees Bottom of pots slightly damp. Soil Damp.

Monday 4/5 am - temperature at 22 degrees after night on the lights running 18/6. On at 18.00 off at 12.00.
Carbon fan running. Humidity 45%, inside propagator is 48% Soil is damp. Gave light water.
Monday pm 1 pot has a mm of 'green' showing on surface, no other signs of life yet.
hope to see some plant life tomoz evening.

My question? Am I right to run the lights or do they need total darkness? I am finding conflicting information online but last time time I left putting under light until seedlings were stretching for it, I am trying to avoid this time? Would really appreciate some reassurance and feedback as getting nervous for some reason .... thanks in advance for any replies :cools:

Hi Dory and welcome to AFN.....
Been at this hobby a long time, and you're absolutely right....there's a lot of conflicting info for every stage.
I only germ straight into my final grow medium under T5HO on 24/0. With T5, lights can be within a couple of inches from your plants at any stage. I keep mine under T5 for 2-3 weeks. Have never seen a difference with lights on or off during germ. Managing temp/humidity is more important.
With your 1200W led, I have no clue except watch your leaves.....

Hey @Dory welcome. If they're under the soil then they're in darkness until they push up anyway. You're doing fine. You got this.

Am I right to run the lights or do they need total darkness?

i'll answer ur ques with another (hehe)...when a seed...any kind...getz planted outdoorz, duz the sun get turned off til it sproutz-? :coffee: ppp

Hi Dory and welcome to AFN.....
Been at this hobby a long time, and you're absolutely right....there's a lot of conflicting info for every stage.
I only germ straight into my final grow medium under T5HO on 24/0. With T5, lights can be within a couple of inches from your plants at any stage. I keep mine under T5 for 2-3 weeks. Have never seen a difference with lights on or off during germ. Managing temp/humidity is more important.
With your 1200W led, I have no clue except watch your leaves.....

Thanks for replying, really appreciate the reassurance. Have a humidifier that will run 1hr on 1hr off on timer to maintain humidity at 60% ... its a cool water mist which I hope will help keep temps down as well as the fan.... I was planning to go to 20/4 in a weeks time and 24/0 when they flower although I have seen a lot of people auto at 24/0 throughout, do you think I ought up to 20 now? will post pictures once they show their bonnets.

Last edited:
i'll answer ur ques with another (hehe)...when a seed...any kind...getz planted outdoorz, duz the sun get turned off til it sproutz-? :coffee: ppp

Thanks... having a dumb moment.. :biggrin:and this had crossed my mind.... so I have left the lights on. I am overthinking constantly doh! what does PPP mean?

Hey @Dory welcome. If they're under the soil then they're in darkness until they push up anyway. You're doing fine. You got this.

Thanks so much... can't wait to see them :)

Back