Live Stoners Longtime no grow

They maybe look a little small but they seem alright to me. I wouldn't give up on them yet. Mine never do much the first couple weeks.
Thanks for replying :) I am hoping that I can maintain them while I wait for new ventilation kit .... I underestimated how hot my loft gets! Have you ever used Potsil silicon to support recovery? I heard it is good for plants that may be subjected to heat now and again?

Thanks for replying :) I am hoping that I can maintain them while I wait for new ventilation kit .... I underestimated how hot my loft gets! Have you ever used Potsil silicon to support recovery? I heard it is good for plants that may be subjected to heat now and again?
I have also read that silica supplements can help with heat stress but haven't used it personally.

Update
Hi everyone :) thought I would post an update since it is a month since I soaked my first 5 auto seeds and joined AFN. A steep learning curve for sure. I've stunted the girls and have had a few environment issues, they seem to be slow growing and so am going to finish them in my yard. Not sure I can justify running the fans and lamps for limited yield. Currently they are in the green house during the day due a cold spell we're having and in summer house overnight. It's been 3 days since leaving the groom, happily they've survived and seem happy.

I've upgraded the carbon filter to an 8"rhino venting outside and a 6" intake extracting from the house. I have fan controllers ordered and hoping to keep humidity up by lowering the intake and outtake fans, a humidifier will be used if needed.

So, I had a disaster with the Philzon, it broke, one month on! it's on its way back. I am planning on buying a Mars hydro 2000 to replace it. I'm not convinced Philzon light was that good any recommendations on light would be welcome, I've not ordered the Mars yet. I want to ensure I can completely control the environment before I germ my next 6 ladies... they are Auto Extreme Dutch passion x3, a freebie Fat monkey x 1 and 2 more fast to vast, will be using biobizz lite mix, 60% perlite 20% and 20% coco. Will germ in jiffy pellets, place straight into their pots under vented bottle tops for a few days.... no transplanting this time!

The girls have been transplanted from a small pot to final, have endured excessive heat and now have been subjected to being moved outdoors, initially into baking sun and now we have a few days of wet cool weather. I'm not sure they'll yield much but hopefully will learn from them. As you can see they are all different sizes, 2 seem to be stunted runts, the other 2 seem to be healthy if small for age. (Germinated 2nd May)

pic 1) runted stunted lady Fast 2 Vast
pic 2) seems ok Fast 2 Vast
pic 3) playing catch up Fast 2 Vast
Pic 4) Blackberry Kush - very small and showing white hairs now.... think it will be a 10" cone. (Freebie)
Pic 5) Overnight house, oil filled rad.

Attachments

• 20200604_170626.jpg
    20200604_170626.jpg
    489.2 KB · Views: 61
  • 20200604_170613.jpg
    20200604_170613.jpg
    597.6 KB · Views: 60
  • 20200604_170550.jpg
    20200604_170550.jpg
    375.9 KB · Views: 81
  • 20200604_170537.jpg
    20200604_170537.jpg
    432.7 KB · Views: 62
  • 20200604_170519.jpg
    20200604_170519.jpg
    362.6 KB · Views: 53
Last edited:
New starters less than a week old :)
thought I wd update my thread...so only 2 of my stunted girls survived so I thought I would post a pic of how they are looking..... they were germinated and planted May 2nd and have endured much stress.... but wd be keen to hear if people think they will flower eventually... they are meant to run 65 days.

the babies are my new girls who are already 4 times the size the first ones were after a few days. The babies are just 5 days old.... Auto Extreme by Dutch Passion.

I've managed to sort out many if the issues I was having with the environment... it has been a headache but hopefully these new girls will be giving me something to smoke in September.....and if I have anything off the original ladies (fast to vast) then that will be a bonus.

pic 1 leaf off stunted fast to vast 50 days old.

Pic 2 fast to vast .... not sure if she'll flower, there are two of these. this one doing better than the other

pic 2 4 and 5.... my new girls. Auto Extreme by Dutch Passion....Hoping these will fly... 5 days old.

Would appreciate any feedback .... am wondering if I should finish the fast to vast outside due to keeping RH at 55% for new girls...if I keep them indoors will they still flower at 55% RH.

Attachments

• 20200622_184300.jpg
    20200622_184300.jpg
    1,014.7 KB · Views: 67
  • 20200622_184540_002.jpg
    20200622_184540_002.jpg
    1.8 MB · Views: 75
  • 20200622_184556_002.jpg
    20200622_184556_002.jpg
    2.7 MB · Views: 80
  • 20200622_184607_002.jpg
    20200622_184607_002.jpg
    2.5 MB · Views: 61
  • 20200622_184616_002.jpg
    20200622_184616_002.jpg
    3.9 MB · Views: 58
Last edited:
thought I wd update my thread...so only 2 of my stunted girls survived so I thought I would post a pic of how they are looking..... they were germinated and planted May 2nd and have endured much stress.... but wd be keen to hear if people think they will flower eventually... they are meant to run 65 days.

the babies are my new girls who are already 4 times the size the first ones were after a few days. The babies are just 5 days old.... Auto Extreme by Dutch Passion.

I've managed to sort out many if the issues I was having with the environment... it has been a headache but hopefully these new girls will be giving me something to smoke in September.....and if I have anything off the original ladies (fast to vast) then that will be a bonus.

pic 1 leaf off stunted fast to vast 50 days old.

Pic 2 fast to vast .... not sure if she'll flower, there are two of these. this one doing better than the other

pic 2 4 and 5.... my new girls. Auto Extreme by Dutch Passion....Hoping these will fly... 5 days old.

Would appreciate any feedback .... am wondering if I should finish the fast to vast outside due to keeping RH at 55% for new girls...if I keep them indoors will they still flower at 55% RH.
Hi @Dory your fast to vast is showing sex so she will flower. The RH is ok to flower. If the buds are big and dense you shoud defoliate underneath for air circulation and try to get RH down to 40% in late flower.

Hi @Dory your fast to vast is showing sex so she will flower. The RH is ok to flower. If the buds are big and dense you shoud defoliate underneath for air circulation and try to get RH down to 40% in late flower.

Hi @Mañ'O'Green Thanks for replying. Much appreciated :cools: The problem is I have the new girls in the same room, having stunted the F2V I kind of gave up on them .... theyve been transplanted initially, that stunted them, then placed outside for a week as the room was baking and I hadnt sorted out ventilation properly, inside they overheated, then they were subjected to colder (16 0C) nights and all sorts of variables while I have been trying to sort the room out - subjected to so much abuse I am surprised they survived at all. Now I have sussed the environment they've been thriving under new lights, a better humidifier and a cooling AC fan but since they were so stunted, impulsively and panicking, I decided to buy new seeds and wrote the F2V off. I didn't want to continue using electric for fans etc on 2 plants that would not produce so went ahead and ordered new seeds, which are meant to be hardy and heat tolerant should we have a major heatwave my room could reach 32 degrees, even with air cooler on. I cant afford proper AC, am using silicon to build resistance. Next year I will not grow May to Sept! My loft gets hot. The room is insulated inside the loft and all night and ams I am maintaining 20-26oC but in the PM, when it is hot outside, the lights go back on (running 20/24) and the room temp raises 7 oC. I ran the Air Cooler today and with lights out it was 22oC in the room, which was perfect, it was 32 oC in the actual loft, so I'm hoping that the girls can get through the really hot days. This Friday it is predicted to get to 34oC

So I have 4 girls, 2 at 50 days old just about to flower and 2 seedlings who are massive already for 5 days old... their 1st 2 leaves are over an inch already with second set shooting through. So I am wondering if I might be better off moving the F2V outside to flower as humidity is better .... we are just about to get a heatwave here and glorious sunny weather (I have shade and garden is fairly private) is predicted and I have a greenhouse (with a heater for night) so am tempted to put them outside and let them finish via mother nature while the newbies stay in veg and establish their growth... hopefully to give a worthy yield (they are in 15litre airpots under a mars TS 2000w long rectangle shape light I am expecting them to be over 1 metre tall x 3/4 metre wide if I get this grow right.... I can dream :joy:

I will cut away some unwanted growth and have support ready for flowering stage, hoping I will at least get something from the F2V.... it does have white hairs starting to appear now. The breeder guideline is 60 days for F2V these are 50 already so really behind.... I have noticed they are growing a lot right now, not sure how much more they will stretch? If I keep them in the groom and lower the humidity ..... will this stop the newbies thriving, that's my dilema. Apologies for the essay, just trying to give full picture of issues I have been having and still face. :)

Last edited:
That plant might double or triple in size still - don't give up on her. I have high temperatures in the summer also. I grow Photos and reverse the day so the lights run at night when it is cooler. I hit 33°C/34°C often. Add some B1 to your nutrients it is good for plant stamina when things go wonky.

That plant might double or triple in size still - don't give up on her. I have high temperatures in the summer also. I grow Photos and reverse the day so the lights run at night when it is cooler. I hit 33°C/34°C often. Add some B1 to your nutrients it is good for plant stamina when things go wonky.
'

Its a nightmare when it goes above 29oC eh.... I also run lamps at night 20/4. So they only get 4 hours 12 to 4 pm in dark. Today they were OK but dreading Thursday and Friday..... might bring them downstairs for the PM if it goes above 32oC in there this week, thankfully autos are a little more forgiving on light schedules. I have a conservatory which is out of the full sun by midday so they could get on better in there during the intenser days.... last resort if I have to.

I contacted seed-bank for recommends on heat tolerant strains and they said Auto Extreme is fairly hardy and shd cope with up to 36oC. Today it got to 30oC in there when lamps went back on... but they have plenty of cool air blowing directly on them. Might invest in a leaf temp metre. I would love it if they doubled in size, tripled wd be a miracle :) I keep thinking they will die off after 65 days since they are meant to go from seed to harvest in that time. I added some Bat Guano last week to top of pots, they loved that, will feed that weekly from now on with their nutes. I have just started with top max and very minimal bloom..... but read that I should leave out the bloom nutes until they are in full flower as it will force growth to stop..... atm they are getting Seaweed (maxi crop) Biobizz Veg, and BioBizz Topmax.... as well as calmag and potsil. Watering twice daily now as they are drinking loads. Nutes at 3/4 of recommended as don't want to overfeed.

I have two of the Fast to Vasts... the picture is of the bigger of the two. Gave them both a defoliate today.... they are still stretching. I will get some B1, nit heard of that before. I am currently using Potsil which is meant to help build cell walls and help with heat stress. I have grown photos up there with no issues in summer ... but that was abt 10 years ago...Seems we are getting warmer summers these days. Roll on autumn, winter and spring, much easier to control the environment :)

The newbies today are 6 days old and already have the seed leaves, and 4 big leaves and have doubled in size...... I have a feeling the Extremes could be monsters! Really hope they are as hardy as supplier says. Thanks for your advice and for reading my post :)

'
hi @Mañ'O'Green , Its a nightmare when it goes above 29oC eh.... I also run lamps at night 20/4. So they only get 4 hours 12 to 4 pm in dark. Today they were OK but dreading Thursday and Friday..... might bring them downstairs for the PM if it goes above 32oC in there this week, thankfully autos are a little more forgiving on light schedules. I have a conservatory which is out of the full sun by midday so they could get on better in there during the intenser days.... last resort if I have to.

I contacted seed-bank for recommends on heat tolerant strains and they said Auto Extreme is fairly hardy and shd cope with up to 36oC. Today it got to 30oC in there when lamps went back on... but they have plenty of cool air blowing directly on them. Might invest in a leaf temp metre. I would love it if they doubled in size, tripled wd be a miracle :) I keep thinking they will die off after 65 days since they are meant to go from seed to harvest in that time. I added some Bat Guano last week to top of pots, they loved that, will feed that weekly from now on with their nutes. I have just started with top max and very minimal bloom..... but read that I should leave out the bloom nutes until they are in full flower as it will force growth to stop..... atm they are getting Seaweed (maxi crop) Biobizz Veg, and BioBizz Topmax.... as well as calmag and potsil. Watering twice daily now as they are drinking loads. Nutes at 3/4 of recommended as don't want to overfeed.

I have two of the Fast to Vasts... the picture is of the bigger of the two. Gave them both a defoliate today.... they are still stretching. I will get some B1, nit heard of that before. I am currently using Potsil which is meant to help build cell walls and help with heat stress. I have grown photos up there with no issues in summer ... but that was abt 10 years ago...Seems we are getting warmer summers these days. Roll on autumn, winter and spring, much easier to control the environment :)

The newbies today are 6 days old and already have the seed leaves, and 4 big leaves and have doubled in size...... I have a feeling the Extremes could be monsters! Really hope they are as hardy as supplier says. Thanks for your advice and for reading my post :)

Back