Indoor Mars Hydro FC-6500 LED & Fast Buds Auto 4 Strains Sponsored Grow

Thank you to all who have popped in for a look. I am very happy to have so many experienced growers willing to share information and help those less experienced like me.

Someone asked me about the font size in my journal..........why so big they asked. I can only assume it was a youngster with good eyesight. :rofl: I wear bifocals and my computer screen is at that perfect distance where I can't see it comfortably from either the top or bottom portion of my glasses. This size font I can see very well so my answer is..."So I can see what I'm writing".

My buddy on here had mentioned he is doing a grow with a sponsored light and is having an issue with temps being high.

May need a new sponsored light next time around just 1 that preferably runs 85 or under on full! This has put tent over 90 with it only on 80% few times!:yoinks:

Well as promised I hung a thermometer right in the center of the tent right at the height of the top of the canopy. I do not have an exhaust fan in this tent yet and I don't think I'm going to need it. I have an oscillating tower fan in the tent and an oscillating fan outside the tent which blows in through the small side door. Since the plants are all autos I just leave that small side door open. Here is what I have going on with my current setup. The thermometer was in there about 2 hours prior to snapping the pictures. And I took a closer look at the dimmer knob and the light is set right now at just below about 85% of full strength.

And there has been a change or two in the tent. One resident has moved out that being the 5 Killer Cookies photoperiod plant. She was relocated to my little 2x2 tent where I will be flipping the lighting today to 12/12 and get her flowering. That is the only place I have to flower her and with the tent being so short I have to get her flipped sooner rather then later. She has been replaced by a trio of small auto plants grown from regular auto seeds. One has been funky from the very start. Since she started pushing out her second set of leaves she has been this bright yellow color. Fed the exact same thing as the other two and the same amount so who knows. Anyway the strain is called Gorilla Squach and I am looking for a female. If one of the two "good" plants turns out to be a girl I'll look to up-pot her as soon as I can. The other plants are all LOVING their new @Marshydro FC-6500 light.

I am going to be doing an update in a minute on the four Fast Buds auto girls being raised in my small tent.

Here is an update on my four Fast Buds auto plants I have started.

I am starting to worry that the plants root systems may not fill out enough, fast enough to hold the ProMix together and allow me to gently and safely transplant these girls into their 7 gallon pots prior to them starting to flower. Growing autos for me is still a learning experience and it all happens so fast with the autos. There were two reasons I decided to start these plants in 1 gallon pots and up-pot into 7 gallon fabric pots.

First, I wanted to transplant autos and see the effect it had on them. I doing my research I've seen as many growers say NO TRANSPLANTING, start them in their forever home always. But see just as many growers say that if you're careful and gentle the autos don't miss a beat growing. So I needed to give it a try.

The second reason is that frankly I grow in very limited space and honestly just didn't have an area to grow these four @Fast Buds Heather plants in anything bigger then these 1 gallon pots and I needed to get them started. The girls were fed yesterday with the following:

3 grams of Mega Crop
4 ml of Cal Mag
1/2 tsp of Recharge
5ml of Kelpful a liquid kelp meal from Prescription Blend Nutrients

When they are getting light in the pot in 3-4 days I'll check once again to see if the roots will hold together the ProMix and allow me to do a traditional transplant into the fabric pots. If not I am considering having the fabric pots all filled, moistened, have the holes made for the plants to drop down into with some mycorrhizae in the hole. Then cut about 1/2 of the bottom of the pot off and see if I can gently set it in to the hole with the root ball/mass falling all apart on me.

If any of ya'll have any other suggestions of ways you've transplanted with good success I sure would appreciate you sharing it with everyone. Here are some pics of the Fast Buds girls taken today.

A lot has happened since my last post on Friday. I have been continuing to treat the Sour Livers with colloidal silver in an attempt to make a bunch of S1 seeds. This plant is from my very last seed. This is also an experiment as she is growing in a pecan tree plastic pot. These pots are quite tall yet not skinny narrow, they're quite a good size. I would guess them to be around 5 gallons. I noticed that she has roots all the way to the bottom poking out the drain holes.

This @Marshydro FC-6500 continues to impress me. I have the light running right now at about 85% of full strength and don't think it will ever be set higher then that but I won't say that for certain. With it at 85% of full strength it's probably a little stronger then needed for the small vegging plants, but it's PERFECT for the flowering plants. And with this light being in a 4x4 tent the coverage is amazingly even. This light in this tent will give me the maximum yield possible. Now of course I'll probably screw something up along the way that will reduce the yield but the light will do everything needed for a maximum yield And something really incredible is the fact that I don't have an extraction fan removing the hot air. I have one tower fan inside the tent and a round fan blowing in from outside the tent and the temp this morning was 81 degrees.

Here are some photos of everything going on in the tent. Everyone is happy and chugging along. Pretty sure the yellow plant which appears perfectly healthy other then the fact it's yellow is headed to the compost pile.

And now an update on my Fast Buds plants that will eventually be relocated to this 4x4 tent and under the @Marshydro FC-6500 light. I started to notice a couple days ago that two of the plants had started to droop towards lights out. Initially I just figured they were getting more light in a day then they needed/wanted and let it go. Now I don't know if I mentioned this yet in this journal but I'm a hands on kind of guy. I have to do things myself and see things for myself to be able to say for sure something is the way people say it is. Since I started learning how to grow autos about 9 months ago a question I always see being debated is this.....Is it okay to up-pot / transplant autos from smaller pots into bigger pots. The consensus, and it's split almost right down this middle is yes it is AND no it's not. About half the growers say they see no slowing down of their autos if you carefully and gently transplant an auto. The other half are adamant that transplanting an auto will stunt her or slow her down. So since this Fast Buds grow is all about firsts I figured why the hell not start the four plants in 1 gallon pots and up-pot them as soon as I could into 7 gallon fabric pots where they will flower out. So looking at the girls and thinking how often I was watering them (often) I thought perhaps they were telling me it was time for those big pots. My main concern was would there be enough roots to hold together the ProMix when I went to remove the plant from the plastic pots. Here was the answer to that question.

Yesterday I spent a good bit of time mixing more perlite into the ProMix and getting these girls up-potted. I am trying to time it so that when the plants in the 4x4 are ready to be harvested these Fast Buds girls are all grown up and ready to take their place. Here they are after their up-potting. I labelled each of the plant photos to show you which strain they are. And remember the Strawberry Pie I have been treating with the colloidal silver now for about a week.

This @Marshydro is going to make it SO EASY to grow in this 4x4 tent. The light readings in the corners of the tent are nearly as high as right in the center. So I can put plants anywhere in the tent and have optimal light conditions. Here is a quick couple pics kind of showcasing the plant in the tall slender Pecan tree pot. The strain is Sour Livers from Mephisto and I am reversing it in an attempt to make more seeds as it was my very last Sour Livers seed.

Today was the day finally. The four FastBuds girls were touching all four sides of the 3x3 tent and coming together in the middle of the tent so it was time to move them into their final home I am calling the @Marshydro Paradise. My friend with Mars sent me a 4' x 4' x 80" tent to use with these FastBuds plants. She also sent me one of their top of the line FC-6500 LED lights. Well finally the FastBuds girls are big enough to warrant them occupying this tent and this light. So this is kind of the real start of this grow. The four plants sprouted on 8-27 making them 34 days old today. All of them have begun flowering, some further along then the others. All were topped once above the 4th node.

The four FastBuds auto strains in this grow are as follows:

Front left is Bruce Banner which I anticipated would be one of if not the tallest of the four strains.
Back left is Gorilla Cookies which I am thinking is going to be my favorite.
Front right is Strawberry Pie which is amazingly short and stocky.
Back right is Purple Punch which is shaping up to be a really pretty plant.

And in the center for as long as there is room for her is a Gorilla Squach auto bred by a fellow AFN member.

These are all growing in ProMix BX with 20% more perlite added. The FastBuds girls are in 7 gallon fabric pots. They were fed today with each of the four FB girls receiving 1.5 gallons of nutrient mix at 3.25 grams of MC / gallon. Also added was 10 ml of Terpinator and 5 drops of pH down to bring the nutrient solution in at a pH of 6.40 (should it be lower in ProMix)? So everyone has been fed and they're all feeling fat and sassy. Now I have to figure out how high I want the light and at what % of full strength I want to set it at. Here are a few photos.

Last edited:
Back