Indoor Mars Hydro FC-6500 LED & Fast Buds Auto 4 Strains Sponsored Grow

LoveDaAutos

Smoke Cannabis Live with Friends on AFN
Reaction score
Currently Smoking
Non Smoker
This sponsored journal has been a month in the making and for that I apologize to both @Marshydro and @Fast Buds Heather . It has been my plan all along to grow four Fast Buds auto strains together in my shiny new Mars Hydro 4x4 tent. The problem was things didn't go as planned transitioning from growing photo plants to auto plants. And so even though the Fast Buds plants aren't quite big enough to warrant taking up space in the new 4x4 tent I am at a point where I can start to put the new Mars Hydro 4x4 tent and FC-6500 light to work until such time as the Fast Buds are ready to move in to the new tent. I sure hope this isn't coming across as too complicated. Best thing to do is show you in photos what I have going on right now.

Here is the brand new Mars Hydro 4x4 tent with the FC-6500 installed.

Until my four Fast Buds plants are ready for this tent I am taking advantage of this setup with these girls.

The two plants in the back row are both Magic Cookies V 1.2 from RocBuds. The plant in the front left, also from RocBuds is a Blueberry Slushy. On the milk crate in the front right is the only photo strain I have growing currently. It was a brand new cross made by a fellow AFN member call 5KC short for 5 Killer Cookies. Her genealogy is Cookies n Chem X Killer A5 Haze and she is a pretty darn vigorous girl. Sort of hidden in the middle of the tent in a pecan tree pot is my Sour Livers from Mephisto Genetics. It is my last Sour Livers seed so I am hoping to try to reverse this plant to make some S1 seeds.

I want to go into much more detail about this FC-6500 light but first I want to introduce you to the Fast Buds auto plants being raised to take over this new tent. The four strains I am growing are as follows:

Strawberry Pie
Purple Punch
Gorilla Cookies
Bruce Banner

They will be grown start to finish in Pro Mix BX with extra perlite added for aeration. They are at a point now where I will start checking them to see if they have enough roots to hold the medium together when I up-pot them. I do this by gently flipping the pot upside down and when the plant is dry and needing to be watered I lift up the pot to see the roots. As soon as all four are ready I will be up-potting them into 7 gallon fabric pots. Anyway, here they are today in a photo taken this evening. They are all extremely happy and healthy. All four have been topped above the 4th node. They all sprouted on August 27th so are 19 days post sprout today.

Grow journals are a lot more fun when you have others following or better yet participating. Being pretty darn new to growing autos I would love to have those more experienced offer suggestions or point me in the right direction if I'm messing up somewhere. I welcome all the guys and gals from the @Cultivators to join in and follow along.

This sponsored journal has been a month in the making and for that I apologize to both @Marshydro and @Fast Buds Heather . It has been my plan all along to grow four Fast Buds auto strains together in my shiny new Mars Hydro 4x4 tent. The problem was things didn't go as planned transitioning from growing photo plants to auto plants. And so even though the Fast Buds plants aren't quite big enough to warrant taking up space in the new 4x4 tent I am at a point where I can start to put the new Mars Hydro 4x4 tent and FC-6500 light to work until such time as the Fast Buds are ready to move in to the new tent. I sure hope this isn't coming across as too complicated. Best thing to do is show you in photos what I have going on right now.

Here is the brand new Mars Hydro 4x4 tent with the FC-6500 installed.

Until my four Fast Buds plants are ready for this tent I am taking advantage of this setup with these girls.

The two plants in the back row are both Magic Cookies V 1.2 from RocBuds. The plant in the front left, also from RocBuds is a Blueberry Slushy. On the milk crate in the front right is the only photo strain I have growing currently. It was a brand new cross made by a fellow AFN member call 5KC short for 5 Killer Cookies. Her genealogy is Cookies n Chem X Killer A5 Haze and she is a pretty darn vigorous girl. Sort of hidden in the middle of the tent in a pecan tree pot is my Sour Livers from Mephisto Genetics. It is my last Sour Livers seed so I am hoping to try to reverse this plant to make some S1 seeds.

I want to go into much more detail about this FC-6500 light but first I want to introduce you to the Fast Buds auto plants being raised to take over this new tent. The four strains I am growing are as follows:

Strawberry Pie
Purple Punch
Gorilla Cookies
Bruce Banner

They will be grown start to finish in Pro Mix BX with extra perlite added for aeration. They are at a point now where I will start checking them to see if they have enough roots to hold the medium together when I up-pot them. I do this by gently flipping the pot upside down and when the plant is dry and needing to be watered I lift up the pot to see the roots. As soon as all four are ready I will be up-potting them into 7 gallon fabric pots. Anyway, here they are today in a photo taken this evening. They are all extremely happy and healthy. All four have been topped above the 4th node. They all sprouted on August 27th so are 19 days post sprout today.

Grow journals are a lot more fun when you have others following or better yet participating. Being pretty darn new to growing autos I would love to have those more experienced offer suggestions or point me in the right direction if I'm messing up somewhere. I welcome all the guys and gals from the @Cultivators to join in and follow along.
:pop:

Nice upgrades! I have my new tent and am in the process of piecing it together. The 4x4 seems just huge coming from a 2x2. Are you using the rope rachets that came with the light? I assembled and hung mine but immediately bought new heavy duty ratchets. I'm sure they can hold it but they seemed strained. I'd hate to lose plants or the whole light to trusting a thin piece of string.

I feel confident the included rope ratchets will hold the light. It's honestly really light since the driver is not mounted on top of it.

Ya buddy thanks for tag cuz I don’t explore too often so usually only way I find new threads to peep! Let me know how that light does on temps! Got a sponsored light grow myself but it runs super toasty and no way to remove driver without doing surgery on it! :nono:
May need a new sponsored light next time around just 1 that preferably runs 85 or under on full! This has put tent over 90 with it only on 80% few times!:yoinks:

Well as you can tell from the photos this @Marshydro FC-6500 is set up so the driver is located outside the tent. Right now the driver is set at 80% of full strength and honestly I really don't think it would ever be set higher. I can lay my hand on top of any of the light bars and they are barely warm to the touch. I'll rig something up so I can measure the temperature near the top of the canopy and post it in this journal.

Back