MC 2 part balance question

Imagine

Welcome to the CannaZone
Reaction score
First time DWC grow and first time MC. Day 39 on Phoenix seeds auto ultimate. I was running 8.25 g parts A&B in five gallons last week, and during Saturday's weekly res change bumped part A up to 11.5g and part B up to 8.5g. I think the new growth is looking kind of limey. Should I bump up both parts a bit or lower the A or just raise the B?

I'm just following a schedule and don't know squat about nutrients and keeping them in balance.

20210420_200457.jpg
20210420_200507.jpg

I have been working on this very issue with the two part. I has been difficult to get the balance I wanted I am just starting my third grow with it. My work so far has been with their calculator and now I built one off of some formulas I found on the web for converting the % on the guaranteed analysis to PPM. I used 80PPM for the starting water and the assumption is half of that is calcium. This is all pretty experimental still. I will be getting ION meters to prove all of this work soon.

My chart is for 10 gallons so I doubled the inputs. 8.5 of each Part looks like this: You are low on sulfur.

imagine1.png

the 11.5 Part A and 8.5 Part B get better. Yes the P is running to high but it is not that far out of range. The over all strength is getting pretty high

imagine2.png

If you add a gram of Epsom Salt you get a better profile.

imagine3.png

Don't forget to divide the inputs by 2 for 5 gallons.

I use Bio-Stimulants and Mykos and some NPK products. Follow my latest grow here:

:goodluck:

I have been working on this very issue with the two part. I has been difficult to get the balance I wanted I am just starting my third grow with it. My work so far has been with their calculator and now I built one off of some formulas I found on the web for converting the % on the guaranteed analysis to PPM. I used 80PPM for the starting water and the assumption is half of that is calcium. This is all pretty experimental still. I will be getting ION meters to prove all of this work soon.

I use Bio-Stimulants and Mykos and some NPK products. Follow my latest grow here:

Thanks MOG! Just what I was looking for. Watching that thread close!

My chart is for 10 gallons so I doubled the inputs. 8.5 of each Part looks like this: You are low on sulfur.

View attachment 1309575

the 11.5 Part A and 8.5 Part B get better. Yes the P is running to high but it is not that far out of range. The over all strength is getting pretty high

View attachment 1309576

If you add a gram of Epsom Salt you get a better profile.

View attachment 1309577

Don't forget to divide the inputs by 2 for 5 gallons.

Hey @Mañ'O'Green I have a quick question for you as I'm horrible at math and want to make sure I'm not making a mistake before I carry out what seems okay in my head lol. I've been using your schedule but I use 15 gallons instead of 10. Does that mean I'd increase the feeds by 50%? so for example you have week 3 at 15g part A, I'm assuming I'm supposed to increase that to 22.5g part A? And same for MG?

Thanks for all your help btw

Last edited:
Back