Seed Stockers MedGrower does Seed Stockers Purple Punch Auto (DWC)

MedGrower

That hydrodude again
Reaction score
Hey!

Long time no see! It is high time to get back to business after having a great (but very productive) break! I got some samples kindly provided to me by Seed Stockers to try out this new strain, Purple Punch Automatic of theirs and I am highly interested to see how it will turn out. Popped in two seeds to germinate, one is popped up today.

My setup is as follows:

Grow space:

60cm x 100cm x 200cm (DxWxH) = 0,6 m2

Lights:
For Vegetative: GN HS1 (75w)

For Generative: GN Telos 0008 modified to run with 6 modules, instead of full 8 modules (180w powerdraw)

Reservoir:
Old GHE aeroponic system tank modified to be just DWC tank. I use 2" trays and 9.6 lpm airpump with 4 airstones on this one.

Nutrient line-up:
Remo Nutrients (Micro, Grow, Bloom, MagNifiCal, VeloKelp, AstroFlower & Nature's Candy)
Canna Cannazym (Enzymeproduct to help keep the roots clean)

Air movement:
Carbon filter and exaust fan (280m3/h)
Oscillating fan

DAY1 - Let the adventure begin!

Purple Punch Day 1.JPG

DAY 11

Time to bring in some nutrients. Dosage of Remo Micro and Grow along with Remo VeloKelp, all 1ml per litre. Growing good, young fresh green. Humidity is bit too low but I won't worry about it for now.

pH 6.4
EC 0.70
t 23,5 C
RH 52%

IMG_5616.JPG

IMG_5619.JPG

DAY 17

pH 6.4
EC 1.0
t 23,2 C
RH 53%

Upped the solution strength to 1,5ml per litre of MICRO and BLOOM. Yeah, I introduced bloom already since I see this one is turning to flowering faster. Threw in 0,5ml per litre of MagNifiCal also due to switching the light source to GN Telos running at 180w. Light height at 70cm to let the plant adjust under it gently. Strong growth. This one is not hesitating.

D17 001.jpg

DAY 31

EC 1.3
pH 6.2
t 23,0 C
RH 55 %

This baby was a bit droopy for a while, couldn't put my finger on it what was the matter, perhaps just using so much of energy to grow since it sure has done a lot of work growing. Over the last week I've also noticed that the EC started shifting down while pH going down also and very rapidly. All the while the plant was not showing any ill effects.

I give it now a bit stronger feed, 2ml per litre of MICRO and BLOOM along with some MagNifiCal, Cannazyme and Nature's Candy all in a feed of 1 ml per litre. For the falling pH I am going to use AN's Carboload, whopping 3ml per litre. I know this stuff will generally make the reservoir gradually more alkaline and it has worked for me in the past for this purpose so I will give it a go.

Here are some pics.

D31 side 001.jpg

D31 bud 001.jpg

DAY 53 - HARVEST

To my surprise, this plant completed its cycle 2 to 3 weeks earlier than I initially expected. Only 53 days from seed to harvest. I don't think this one will result in my biggest yields but given the amount, tricome production and the speed of production, this seems like a very impressive strain. Let us see how the final bag appeal will turn out and most of all, medical effects.

I would like to point out that during the generative period I noticed need for stronger solution strength than usual. So this leads me to believe that Purple Punch really is hungrier for nutrients. This, however, is my experience during this particular grow, yet noticeable.

My initial experience with this leads me to conclude it's a very fast and demanding strain that keeps you on your toes with DWC for sure. Very cool adventure to be had and great looking, moody flowers for fall / wintertime and the smell is just deliciously fragrant and bright. Almost like lavender, blended with citrus and pine.

Here are some pictures just before the harvest:

D53 close up 002.jpg

D53 close up 003.jpg

D53 close up.jpg

Overview 001-2.jpg

DAY 53 - HARVEST

To my surprise, this plant completed its cycle 2 to 3 weeks earlier than I initially expected. Only 53 days from seed to harvest. I don't think this one will result in my biggest yields but given the amount, tricome production and the speed of production, this seems like a very impressive strain. Let us see how the final bag appeal will turn out and most of all, medical effects.

I would like to point out that during the generative period I noticed need for stronger solution strength than usual. So this leads me to believe that Purple Punch really is hungrier for nutrients. This, however, is my experience during this particular grow, yet noticeable.

My initial experience with this leads me to conclude it's a very fast and demanding strain that keeps you on your toes with DWC for sure. Very cool adventure to be had and great looking, moody flowers for fall / wintertime and the smell is just deliciously fragrant and bright. Almost like lavender, blended with citrus and pine.

Here are some pictures just before the harvest:

View attachment 1128792

View attachment 1128793

View attachment 1128794

View attachment 1128795
looks great man lovely bright purple

Looking good, thanks for logging!

Back