Mephisto Genetics Mephisto Genetics Steel City Blues & Sour Crack [NuteBurn]

Here's my newbie question of the day. Why the white buds on top? I've never seen this before.

Hi tag, the white flowers are bleaching caused by the LEDs that i'm using. It's quite common with LED so I believe. I'm quite annoyed with myself for bleaching them, I must of had the LEDs too close when they were mid-flower. Lesson learned.

Thanks for stopping by man.

I think that bleaching is also very strain dependant. I had the same thing in symetrical light conditions and plants keept at same height. 2 plants of similar pheno (to each other) showed this, all others were completly unaffected.

I think that bleaching is also very strain dependant. I had the same thing in symetrical light conditions and plants keept at same height. 2 plants of similar pheno (to each other) showed this, all others were completly unaffected.

I agree. Last grow I did was 2 x different Sweet Seeds strains (Red Poison and Sweet Trainwreck) and the STW had a little bleaching whereas the RP never had any. The LEDs were much much closer on that grow as well. Definitely genetic.

Day 67

Choppy chop day is imminent! Tomorrow all shall meet the blade, HIIIII-YAA TaNg's Thang

The ladies have been cleansing on plain water for 10 days so they should be free of any lingering chems fingers crossed. They have started to smell very very very very very very very very very very very very strong. Very strong indeed.

Sorry about that! Ok, so they all have a strong pine smell & some hints of mint, the sour cracks have an earthy watermelon aroma with strong lemon/lime/citrus and pine. Really really strong!!!! The blues smells of fresh fresh pineapple, pine, mint, and 'blues' it's hard to describe really!! Very nice though, and very STRONG!

Quick, take a look at them before chop day:

SC1

yqOJS0B.jpg

MnzH6yU.jpg

SC2

5GBzgcC.jpg

938hUWS.jpg

SCB

W1YwmO3.jpg

RYgxcj4.jpg

Flower bleaching on main top of the SCB:

dcUlEzj.jpg

I'm gonna have to seal every crack and crevice in my house when i'm chopping and manicuring because these are gonna stink the place to high heaven. Might have to 'do a Strawberry' and cremate some toast, or 'do a Margahooja' and cook some bacon!

Fuck it, i've just talked myself into a bacon butty!!

IMG_8802.JPG

Peace
NB
I've been waiting for Trapper to check out that Bacon Butty sandwich

Nute and Lax. I would say that it is more likely genetic. Since you've experienced this in the past, does it affect taste or strength of the buds to which it occurs? I think it is pretty cool. If it were caused by the LED's, I would expect it to be more apparent on the rest of the cola. You would at least notice bleaching in varying degrees as you got further down the cola. But what I'm seeing in the pictures is so localized that it leaves questions.

Nute and Lax. I would say that it is more likely genetic. Since you've experienced this in the past, does it affect taste or strength of the buds to which it occurs? I think it is pretty cool. If it were caused by the LED's, I would expect it to be more apparent on the rest of the cola. You would at least notice bleaching in varying degrees as you got further down the cola. But what I'm seeing in the pictures is so localized that it leaves questions.

Not sure about how potent the bleached buds were last time as they were only minimal. I'm led to believe the bleached parts have little to no potency according to this: http://www.growweedeasy.com/cannabis-light-burn

My thinking is that just the tips of the main colas are bleached because they are closest to the lights, and the intensity of light has stressed that part of the plant out. I'm by no means an expert though, so take that with a pinch of salt.

I wonder if there's anyone else on here that can chip in with any further explanation?

Good quick little link. Did you notice the trichs on that second shot of white bud?

Marga, For the benefit of us yanks, What is the Bacon Butty Sandwich, and should I be looking for this next time I'm in London? I am assuming that this is a British thing.

Marga, For the benefit of us yanks, What is the Bacon Butty Sandwich, and should I be looking for this next time I'm in London? I am assuming that this is a British thing.
NB posted it, so I'm not sure what all is in it. But when bacon is mentioned It gets my attention. Maybe NuteBurn can fill in the blanks. I think it has fried onion and the brown sauce makes it delicious.

A butty is just a sandwich, depending which part of the country you're in it called be called a cob, sarnie or butty (probably more names too)
but used for hot breakfast sandwiches ie with bacon, sausages, egg etc
:)

Back