Mephisto Genetics Mephisto Skywalker

Root algae and Root rot 2.0
Skywalker 1 still doing alright. Found some black buckets and she's been moved out of the orange finally. Loads of green algae still. Skywalker 2 has made no progress, I suspect her end is near.

Day 21
full

Skywalker 1
full

full

Skywalker 2
full

Looks like she has less roots than before.
full

Those black buckets should be better, what about getting some black tubing for the air pump too? light zips through them like fiber optics and into the bucket. maybe spray paint them black.

They should make a recovery but i don't know much about hydro, only the 2 jar grows ive done, much smaller scale than what you got going on.
I hope they both recover and give you results, good luck!

Last edited:
Learning from failures
I've given up on Skywalker 2 recovering at all. Now Skywalker 1 is having issues. pH was down to 4.5, which I believe is a result of the algae. This has been my most neglected grow lol. I may call this one a failure and start fresh.

Day 24

Skywalker 1 - Fan leaves are shriveling up and dying. pH was very low, around 4.5.
full

full

full

Skywalker 2 - Chopped her head off and stuck her in some clonex. Cloning autos here we go.
full

A couple Skywalker x Forum Stomper freebies at Day 1 above ground.
full

Starting Over. Skywalker clones + Skywalker x Forum Stomper seedlings
Thanks for the rep @mwilliams2006, The issues were entirely my fault, too high temps, light getting in the res, only checking them every few days, experimenting with pool shock; I'm a neglectful grower.

So I spent the day at the hydro store and setting up my next grow attempt. Skywalker 1 was cut down into clones, no idea if they'll take or what'll happen to auto clones, but I didn't want to waste her. 6 Skywalker Clones and 2 Skywalker x Forum Stomper seedlings are in our flood table now.

We'll be running flood and drain, mostly mediumless. I've ran photo clones like this before, so I wanted to give autos a try. They're in rockwool starter cubes inside 3 inch net pots on a 2x2 foot flood table. The flood level comes about 1/8 inch into the net pot right now.

full

Hopefully it looks like this in a couple weeks.
dsc_0143-jpg.1301054

Here's our 2 little Sywalker x Forum Stompers. They have hydroton to help block out the light since they're too small for the neoprene collars.
full

full

Day 3 for our little Skywalker x Forum Stomper ladies. Roots poking through the bottom now. I'd lower the flood level but I guess we need to maintain it at max to keep the clones wet. Currently flooding every 4 hours, eventually we want to flood once per hour with this setup.

In other news I found out there's a 500mb limit in the media section, so no more AFN logos on my pictures. :(

Day 3
0919210531_HDR.jpg

Roots showing :D
full

full

full

Last edited:
I see those roots poking out, nice! i like the name forum stomper haha

500mb goes fast in todays picture quality and size, i never thought about uploading there as i direct upload seems easier so far. other than that cool AFN logo what does uploading in the media section do?

I see those roots poking out, nice! i like the name forum stomper haha

500mb goes fast in todays picture quality and size, i never thought about uploading there as i direct upload seems easier so far. other than that cool AFN logo what does uploading in the media section do?

Easier to view a whole grow at once. Rather than thumbing through a thread later you can just hit up the photo album and scroll through all the pictures. I like organizing the photos this way. Here's an example from one of my previous grows. You can view all the photos in the order they were uploaded

So we're not looking good again. Rusty spots on our little seedlings leaves. Looks like a calcium deficiency? I'm using megacrop 2 part at 350ppm right now. pH has been steady at 5.8. Temps have been perfect around 78°F, humidity a little low 40-50%. I may need to swing on by the infirmary before i kill a couple more plants lol.

Day 7 for our Skywalker x Forum Stomper ladies
0924211729_HDR[1].jpg

Roots are looking good, flooding was increased to every 2 hours. I'd drop the flood level down but I reaallly wanna see some roots pop outta these clones. lol
0924211729b[1].jpg

Skywalker x Forum Stomper 1 - notice the little rusty spots
0924211730a[1].jpg

Skywalker x Forum Stomper 2 - Hard not to miss this one
0924211730b[1].jpg

And our Skywalker clones are throwing out little pistils now. Day 31 from seed, 7 days from cut.
0924211730e[1].jpg

Back