New Grower Mephisto Strawberry Nuggets, 4 Assed Monkey & Fantasmo Express x Sour Stomper

OK, so the weights are in!

full

Pretty solid! I'm amazed to be honest. I was expecting half that. Just over 6oz of dense, dank, frosty buds.
Which means, that I think this is my heaviest yielder as I've thrown away just under half due to mould. I guess we'd be pushing 10oz off this lady if that hadn't happened.

Super, super impressed with this strain.

I've not smoked it yet, but I'll have a sample later on. Judging by looks, I'd say potency shouldnt be an issue, not sure if I'll enjoy her haziness but we'll see how it goes.

full

full

Those Mephisto boys really know what they're doing!

:growing:

woooooooaaaaahhhhh look at those buds!!! :yay: they look delicious man! did you try them out?!
another giant harvest eh? you get these girls straight up WORKING man well done. Mephisto do know what they're doing but you're applying some excellent growing skills in the mix dude and the results are top tier - looking at these buds even my heart breaks that you lost some of it to mould but brilliant work to still walk away with a hefty harvest.

now let's hear about the smells and flavours! :smokeout:

Nice growing Nice Option! Looks like a bumper crop in spite of the mold, and lots of beautiful bud. Thinking of following your lead with an all Mephisto tent coming up — ROG, forgotten Cookies, strawberry nuggets, maybe one of the freebies I have ... just thinking about it makes me happy. :bighug:

after sampling my latest round of Mephisto this weekend, i've got zero interest in growing anything else for the foreseeable. Ripley's is one of the most enjoyable smokes i've ever had and the other strain wasn't far behind her...wasn't sure if i was capable of growing my own buds that keep up with the better quality commercial stuff but after this round i can safely say i have no doubts anymore!
i'm so impressed i'm getting myself in all sorts of a pickle deciding what strains to grow and when.

Ha! Bit of a seedaholic he he.

View attachment 1026906

Looking at blue toof special pheno, blue kush, and sour hound. Any recommendations in that mix?
I’m drooling over your seed stocks:cool1:

I’ve had so many bad experiences with seed distributors, I tend to only buy from breeders directly now.

Haha you lucky dawg! I so want to get those.

Truly though, I have no interest in half these seeds, it’s a shame that I’ll waste them. At the same time, there are giant holes in my inventory—no Sweet? No Delicious? And what is it with mystery freebies? “OG Kush”. From who? It makes a difference!

I’ve got shopping carts full at all the main seed banks pending 4/20 discount code drops ... :muahaha:

Sorry about the hijack @NiceOption !
:yeahthat: No more seeds for me til 4/20

woooooooaaaaahhhhh look at those buds!!! :yay: they look delicious man! did you try them out?!
another giant harvest eh? you get these girls straight up WORKING man well done. Mephisto do know what they're doing but you're applying some excellent growing skills in the mix dude and the results are top tier - looking at these buds even my heart breaks that you lost some of it to mould but brilliant work to still walk away with a hefty harvest.

now let's hear about the smells and flavours! :smokeout:

after sampling my latest round of Mephisto this weekend, i've got zero interest in growing anything else for the foreseeable. Ripley's is one of the most enjoyable smokes i've ever had and the other strain wasn't far behind her...wasn't sure if i was capable of growing my own buds that keep up with the better quality commercial stuff but after this round i can safely say i have no doubts anymore!
i'm so impressed i'm getting myself in all sorts of a pickle deciding what strains to grow and when.
Thanks for the kind words! I think it had a lot to do with having 600w all to herself for the most part. I'm very interested to grow the other one out and see how she goes.

The mould's annoying but I'm quite happy with 6oz, so not too bothered. At least I managed to keep the mould out during the grow. Everything that went wrong was whilst I was away. The upside to the 2 week super slow dry is that it seems like the trichomes continued to mature a little more and I'm seeing much more amber on the dried buds than I did when I chopped them.

I've had a couple of samples now. Potency is fairly high. Got a nice balanced buzz to it. I was anticipating something super racy and maybe a bit paranoia inducing, but there's none of that. It feels much more stoney than I was expecting but does have a bit of lift initially. Great pain relief too.
I was pretty tired both times I sampled though, so that might have something to do with it. I'm looking forward to trying some in day time to see if that makes a difference.

Smell is woody but not too piney and has a sweet, slightly grape like undertone. Quite kushy and there's a kind of spicy/incense but that sweetness in the back really levels it out and overall it has a sort of creaminess to it that's very satisfying.
The smoke feels very thick but there's no throat tickle and feels smooth on my lungs. I was expecting it to be a bit harsh due to no real flush but I think the long dry may have helped prevent that.

I tried it in a glass pipe so it will be interesting to see how it tastes in a bong. I've just ordered a new one to replace the broken one from Grace Glass in the Grasscity sale and I'm looking forward to trying her in that. My little pipe's not the best for tasting.

Overall, I'm really happy with the results and I think it's got the best bag appeal of anything I've grown. Super frosty and sticky too (gunks up my grinder instantly) so it would be a great strain to squish out some rosin from. If only I had a press... One day...

I’m drooling over your seed stocks:cool1:

I’ve had so many bad experiences with seed distributors, I tend to only buy from breeders directly now.
Always best! Tend to get more freebies and you know that you're directly supporting the breeder too. Some of the smaller breeders can get really screwed by the distributors. That's not to say all distros are bad but It's impossible for us to really know at consumer level.

bummer on the mold :dammit:only had it once,lost a prized cola on what would have been my biggest plant to date :cuss:have seen people loose a whole plant :nono: at least i know what it looks like now,and 90% sure it wont happen again :pass:
stonking grow all the same :smokeit: heavy frosted buds :thumbsup: real nice job :pass:
keep er lit
:pighug:

bummer on the mold :dammit:only had it once,lost a prized cola on what would have been my biggest plant to date :cuss:have seen people loose a whole plant :nono: at least i know what it looks like now,and 90% sure it wont happen again :pass:
stonking grow all the same :smokeit: heavy frosted buds :thumbsup: real nice job :pass:
keep er lit
:pighug:
Thanks buddy. Congrats on only having it once!

Seems to be an all too common occurrence in my garden....

Back