Mossy

Daenerys Targaryen
Staff member
AFN Admin
Cultivators Club
Reaction score
Currently Smoking
Dragon
Mephisto Sundae Thumper Testers ... :headbang: ......

Show Team...

@Newman’sOwn
@Lil Dab
@N/A-Greengo
@DCLXVI
@MR magoo

The Team will be expected to give detailed updates on 7 major growth milestones in your grow from seed to harvest in the created communal thread:

1. Germination
2. Sex
3. Early Flower
4. Mid Flower
5. Late Flower
6. Harvest
7. Buds
8. (OPTIONAL) Grow Terminated

Last edited:
Germ 4/2
Sorry for the late update.
Screenshot_20230402-091753~2.png

:d5:

I received 5 tester seeds from Mephisto. I had 100% germination after a day in spring-water with 1% H2O2, and a day in a damp paper towel. Unfortunately, I lost 2 babies to an outbreak of fungus gnats. Here are the survivors:
ST.1_day1.jpg ST.2_day1.jpg ST.3_day1.jpg

I received 5 tester seeds from Mephisto. I had 100% germination after a day in spring-water with 1% H2O2, and a day in a damp paper towel. Unfortunately, I lost 2 babies to an outbreak of fungus gnats. Here are the survivors:
View attachment 1582250 View attachment 1582249 View attachment 1582248
Those friggin fungus gnats! I've lost more than half the seeds planted this year until I got things under control. I have even changed some of my practices: No more putting seeds directly into the soil. Now everything starts out in a root riot. Since I started doing that (even during my infestation) they haven't eaten my young and tender little sprouts.

I fried them (and a bunch of seedlings) with mustard seed - that shit really works! Then I added beneficial nematodes and rove beetles. I started mulching with tree leaves to provide habitat for the rove beetles. I still have a few gnats (I've always had them), but I think managing a healthy and diverse insect population is going to be the solution for me.

I'm just glad my problem is fungus gnats and not spider mites. Seriously.

Those friggin fungus gnats! I've lost more than half the seeds planted this year until I got things under control. I have even changed some of my practices: No more putting seeds directly into the soil. Now everything starts out in a root riot. Since I started doing that (even during my infestation) they haven't eaten my young and tender little sprouts.

I fried them (and a bunch of seedlings) with mustard seed - that shit really works! Then I added beneficial nematodes and rove beetles. I started mulching with tree leaves to provide habitat for the rove beetles. I still have a few gnats (I've always had them), but I think managing a healthy and diverse insect population is going to be the solution for me.

I use the Quick Kill Mosquito Bits, Nematodes, and DTE. Or I pulverize a few Mosquito Dunks and top dress with it when I need to stomp out a large infestation.
:d5:

How do you use mustard seed? I have black mustard seeds I use in the kitchen for seasoning.

How do you use mustard seed? I have black mustard seeds I use in the kitchen for seasoning.
I bought some from Buildasoil and ground it up in a coffee grinder. I then topdressed, but way too much apparently because it killed all but two of my seedlings...

I bought some from Buildasoil and ground it up in a coffee grinder. I then topdressed, but way too much apparently because it killed all but two of my seedlings...
Yeah, their stuff is powerful. They added it to one of their soil mixes or Craft Blend and had to pull back a bit.

Yeah, their stuff is powerful. They added it to one of their soil mixes or Craft Blend and had to pull back a bit.
That was the problem, actually. I put it on like it WAS Craft Blend. :greenthumb:

I was going to watch their video first, but the how-to was buried inside a long show and I didn't want to search for it.

I'm pretty confident it's safe for large plants at the right dosage because it just severely shocked the two adults in the tent at my copious application rate.

Back