I grow mostly organic. That said, some strains are just plan harsh! For whatever reason, it seems some Indica strains tend to very harsh. And they may have still had a high sugar content. Here's a tip that will help. Its been proven that sunlight does not degrade THC easily, but, if I remember correctly, CBD degrades into CBN ( it was recently proven that THC does not degrade into CBN ). A few hours in sunlight will finish of the chlorophyll and sugars. And yep, I forgot to mention chlorophyll.

Now if someone's going to jump in and say sunlight will ruin the bud, explain why Moroccan Hash is so good, they dry the plants on the roof of sheds for weeks before they process....... why is there still THC in it ???...........I've even dried bud in my greenhouse to test this and it was every bit as good as the conventionally dried bud and very smooth to smoke.

My last grow was "fed until harvest", then last watering was only water. Then chop. Slowly dry 6 days, then couple of burping in jars. But after 40 days it's harsh to my throat and ash is still dark. I didn't fed much, maximum was 2,2 EC (with 0,5 EC tap water), so 1,7 EC of nutes. Also grown in soil.
I don't know what and how... your words are logical I also google these myths (I am also educated in these informations so I agree with you completly). But I am lost... it's harsh.

Flushing is a waste of time, and of bud! You accomplish nothing with a "final" flush except starving your plant at a critical time. See my post on flushing for more info.

"My reasoning here is that the first 20L washes out the Coco completely. During the first hour, the plant will release its excess nutrients into the clean water in the Coco, which I then wash out with the next 10L."

No, the plant releases no nutrient it took in. It merely takes in more water in an attempt to balance the internal solution with the external. And thus, yes likely that excess water pressure increases the water vapor released by the plant.

Cheers @pop22 I agree that it is a crucial time, and I do think flushing should be sensible. I always use House and Garden nutes and additives. The final few weeks I give Top Shooter, which is a very strong product.... even H&G say you should flush before using it and weekly during using it and again at the end. I really can taste the harshness if the Top Shooter isnt flushed out. Curing is definitely the key to taste and smoothness though thats for sure ;)

@Teetee how long do you dry in box? Do you have fan in box? Do you close box?

@KonopCh mate, I close the boxes but not fully sealed. I keep them in a well ventilated room and if its too humid I have a dehumidifier running. 7-10 days usually gets me there, but the more stems, etc takes longer. I open to check every day or 2.

Quit smoking butts!!! Wicked fu king hard.. now three months for me, I started w chantix.. whoaaa..nasty stuff, only thing that helped me was smoking joints and I'm a glass type of person. Any way congrats on quitting smoking pretty hard to do, I have cravings everyday.
Also excellent buds.
Cheers @Scar17 (I prefer .303 but I like a bit of 7.62) I heard Champix makes you suicidal, but like you, pure joints keep me sane especially when the Missus sparks up beside me..... having a wake and bake right now before dropping the kids at school ;)

Thanks to everyone for posting, I was beginning to think no one was interested!

Last edited:
...... no I think I was right 1st time.

So just for the record and the sake of completeness......

.....final weights at RH 62% jarred with Bovedas......

Cream Mandarine XL 4.15Oz (117.65g)
Toofless Alien 7.23Oz (204.97g)
Pineapple Express 2.87Oz (81.3g)
Night Queen 2.55Oz (72.29g)
TOTAL 16.80Oz (476.27g)

Maybe not as heavy a harvest as Id like, but this looks like being the best all round quality grow I have done, for all 4 strains, the buds are all thickly coated with trichomes, and I sacrificed a lot more of the smaller stuff into the trim to make canna coconut oil later on.

Thanks to @mephisto @FastBuds @Sweet Seeds for all your help and encouragement, much appreciated.

Last edited:
...... no I think I was right 1st time.

So just for the record and the sake of completeness......

.....final weights at RH 62% jarred with Bovedas......

Cream Mandarine XL 4.15Oz (117.65g)
Toofless Alien 7.23Oz (204.97g)
Pineapple Express 2.87Oz (81.3g)
Night Queen 2.55Oz (72.29g)
TOTAL 16.80Oz (476.27g)

Maybe not as heavy a harvest as Id like, but this looks like being the best all round quality grow I have done, for all 4 strains, the buds are all thickly coated with trichomes, and I sacrificed a lot more of the smaller stuff into the trim to make canna coconut oil later on.

Thanks to @mephisto @FastBuds @Sweet Seeds for all your help and encouragement, much appreciated.
Congratulations on a bountiful harvest of primo meds @Teetee! And a bigger thumbs up for quitting the darts.... I've been a Dirty mixer (DONT SHOOT!) For years now and I've finally given it the boot after a medical scare aswell. Hope all is well mate, Power to us brothers! Haha
Peace.

cheers @orrganic nice of you to pop in, I was about to turn the lights out!

Just moved house, deeper into the hills, and have these on at the mo.....
day 42 group1.JPG

clockwise from the left: the huge Daiquiri Lime (day 40), Night Queen (day 41) just popping up there in the middle, Toofless Alien (day 42) and Think Different (day 29) glowing purple under the Photon LED panel. The Lime is 70cm high and 80cm wide, and the Alien is 75cm high!

They have changed a lot in the 3 days since that pic was taken.... the Night Queen has stretched from 56cm in the pic to 75cm and the Think Different (although 10-12 days younger) has gone from 65cm to almost 80cm, and the Lime is going into overdrive with the stretch, she will be well over a metre high I reckon in the end, and Im aiming to get a good 500g out of her! Shes a bushy girl, so I might have to venture into her undergrowth with a machette to thin her out a bit.

I wont post the grow on here though.... as I dont have the time....

cheers mate, Ill send you a link from the other side:cheers:

cheers @orrganic nice of you to pop in, I was about to turn the lights out!

Just moved house, deeper into the hills, and have these on at the mo.....
View attachment 791264
clockwise from the left: the huge Daiquiri Lime (day 40), Night Queen (day 41) just popping up there in the middle, Toofless Alien (day 42) and Think Different (day 29) glowing purple under the Photon LED panel. The Lime is 70cm high and 80cm wide, and the Alien is 75cm high!

They have changed a lot in the 3 days since that pic was taken.... the Night Queen has stretched from 56cm in the pic to 75cm and the Think Different (although 10-12 days younger) has gone from 65cm to almost 80cm, and the Lime is going into overdrive with the stretch, she will be well over a metre high I reckon in the end, and Im aiming to get a good 500g out of her! Shes a bushy girl, so I might have to venture into her undergrowth with a machette to thin her out a bit.

I wont post the grow on here though.... as I dont have the time....
Shit mate looking picture perfect as usual! By the looks of things the new house is going well for you. Id flick you a pic of my crop but i just missed them before they went to sleep, i havnt been documenting this lot at all... kept it simple by popping my last four green poison fv beans with the idea of keeping a mum of the fastest flowering cut... but i dunno its been a struggle, autos may take the win haha.

cheers Bruv, and yeah we're settling in nicely in the new place. What happened to the Ashes thing? I was hoping this new grow I'm doing would qualify?
All the best with your grow, I'm sure you'll get a nice crop!

cheers Bruv, and yeah we're settling in nicely in the new place. What happened to the Ashes thing? I was hoping this new grow I'm doing would qualify?
All the best with your grow, I'm sure you'll get a nice crop!
I believe they have it in the making, I can't seem to find the right/existing thread though... Not sure..

Back