Lester Fuzell Sr

Incident Grow Boss
Reaction score
Currently Smoking
Bubblegum Auto, Hashshish Auto, White Widow Auto
The tent is 2’X3’X4’. Lighting is two ViparSpectra 300W LED lights with a total of 600W on an 18/6 schedule. Irrigation is by sub irrigation through deep 10” plant pot saucers for wicking beds. Ventilation is by a vaunted 6” exhaust fan to a carbon filter tied to an Inkbird Temperature Controller. A small heater is also regulated as needed. Two 4” fans ventilate the plants.

Each saucer is filled with perlite as wicking material. Four saucers are connected in series to a float valve reservoir which adjusts the water level to consistently (Pascal) fill all saucers. A 5L reservoir fills the float reservoir by gravity by 1/4” tubing which also supplies the wick saucer. I use filtered tap water only. Water use is dictated by evaporation from the air pots and soil surface and plant use.

Grow is totally organic soil grow using FoxFarms Happy Frog for seedlings. These will be transplanted to 3 gallon fabric pots filled with a blend of Fox Farm Ocean Forest blended with my own Super Soil, I compost.

Fabric pots wick water to the soil bed. Water is elevated as capillary action lifts the water aided by the principles of adhesion and cohesion. Evaporation from fabric pots and soil surface as well plant demand dictate water use.

Currently propagating 4 Auto White Widow seedlings in cloth small fabric pots (W1, D7).

At W3, V2, D15 (Veg 2) I've transplanted the final three White Widow seedlings in 1 quart fabric pots to 3 gallon fabric pots. Soil is organic consisting of FF Ocean Forest blended with my own Super Soil at a 4-1 ratio. I'm also upgrading to the AutoPot irrigation with the AquaValve this week, looking to capture the wet/dry cycle in my watering. My present setup is fair but I’d more of a drench system and I want a more natural cycle. Using it with the fabric pots also.

Here’s some additional of my last White Widow grow, in last stages of flower in LST.

View media item 18841

Last edited:
Week 5, day 34 of my White Widow auto grow. They are into their first week of bloom. The watering system has been changed to Autopots using the AquaValve. The largest plant (lr) is 42cm (15.5") The two in the foreground were stunted (overwatered) but are progressing though I expect lesser yield. I also remembered that my lights weren't on for 24 hours after they had sprouted which slowed their start.

I opted not to LST the two plants in the back. I hadn't grown the beautiful plant without LST so wanted to see how they did. The stunting of the two front plants favored LST which will ensure light to all the developing flowers.

Last edited:
W6, D37, EB2 and they get the first prune of most fan leaves only. I’ve LST’d the smaller of the four looking to still try and coax some decent buddage. Getting good flower growth and looking forward to trichomes busting out. The terpene infused scent is heavenly. Lights are within 18” of tallest canopy to prevent LED burn (which caught me by surprise my last grow). Will fert wash today also.

I often prune my plants once I’m into W5 and W6 to redistribute nutrient flow. Leaves on the branches are prominent and have grown enough to continue photosynthesizing and the nutrient “sinks” are refocused to the developing calyxes.

Also, if you don’t keep a grow journal to track your grows, good or bad, you aren’t learning. I still make mistakes but try and grow my meds more consistently. Mine is a calendar book.

Last edited:
W6, D39, EB2. The plants are progressing well. In spite of the initial complications they are flourishing. The tallest plant is 52cm/20.5 in. The Autopot is working well. Soil is moist throughout.

LST will continue until W10, when the plant should be hard wood.

At this point I top dress with natural ammendments. I cleared soil away to the top of roots and added blend of bat guano, seabird guano, banana peel meal, silica and kelp meal then recovered with soil. Spray to moisten. The plants displayed a little shocked but recovered well to today's pics.

Last edited:
W6, D40, EB2. The WW ([HASHTAG]#3[/HASHTAG]) @ the left rear plant has grown to 56 cm/22 in. so LST’d the top. The remainder of the grow is progressing. The Autopot is working well also.

View media item 19160
View media item 19159

W9, D57, LB1. I have been unable sign onto the page until today, so here's a quick update. I ended up with three stunted plants which are about a week and two weeks behind. One of the three mutated and grew more frogfootish and vineish. It was to seemingly resistent to flowering. I had planted a companion seed in the pot to grow. I ended up cutting off the mutant plant and am growing the new plant in the same pot. I've taken a pic of one as I had it out and it's growing the best of the four.

It has topped at 63 cm or 21" tall and has three weeks of further bud fattening before harvest. As you can see I did not choose to LST this plant and other than pruning the primary fan leaves I've done very little thinning opting to favor the big solar panel leaves feeding the buds their necessary sugars and my tending to soil.

The Auto Pot works well though I still augment with a hand watering about once a week. I'm usually only watering to wetness of the base of fabric pot and about 1/2 the distance of the pot radius from the plant stem.

Using the Autopot has been a learning curve but it does free up the chore of watering and benefits the plant by maintaining moisture at the root zone and rhizospere. I did have a perched water table issue which I remedied by setting the fabric pots on towels to wick the accumulated water. As well. I am very pleased with my combination SuperSoil and OF/OF. I've got crazy root growth at the bottom of each pot. It is easy to see that healthy plants drink a lot of water.

I'll soon talk about how i fertilize and my use of drenches as well compost tea. I'll also post pics of the other plants which are in flower but growing late.

Last edited:
W12, D78 Two of the girls, [HASHTAG]#3[/HASHTAG] & 4 are a day or two from harvest. Today was trim of both plants. [HASHTAG]#1[/HASHTAG] was stunted at the start and giving her a week or two more to bulk up though she may run out of time. [HASHTAG]#2[/HASHTAG] was a second crop I planted with the original plant which sufferedas a mutation and was more vine, so was cut. The newer plant WW [HASHTAG]#2[/HASHTAG] is in W9.

This is the main cola of WW Auto #4

Last edited:
Week 14, Day 93. Just got back from extended time away from grow. Autopot worked perfectly as did the cooling. This plant replaced [HASHTAG]#1[/HASHTAG]. LST resulted in stunting of three branches, which were removed. The plant was allowed to grow natural with frequent pruning and defoliating. The smell is dank and the buds sticky. Trichomes are cloudy with many swollen too heavy. No Amber trichs yet so I'll keep her in the pot. Also made a cup of cannabutter with trim from the prior hardvests.

Back