Grow Mediums Mom's AutoCob, AutoPot, AutoMazar, MegaCrop Grow :-)

MassMom

Just watchin my daughter enjoy my harvest!
Cultivators Club
Reaction score
Currently Smoking
I dont....I grow to help others :-)
Well, here we go again, fingers crossed!

Veg Area:
30”x18”x36” Vivosun Veg Tent
6” Comfort Zone Clip-on Fan
(1) DuroLux 96w HO T5

Grow Area:
48"x36"x72" Hongruilite Grow Tent
4" VenTech Fan, Filter & Speed Controller
36” Lasko Oscillating Tower Fan
(2) 15L Autopots with AirDomes
(3) BigSm0’s 3500k 55wAutoCobs

Nutrients/Supplements:
Mega Crop

Medium:
CannaCoco Natural & Perlite 3:1
(1/2 coco 1/2 Fox Farms Strawberry Fields for starter cups)

Seeds:
DutchPassion AutoMazar
(Given to my by a very generous friend!)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

First I want to thank all the fantastic people here on AFN for their infinite patience and sharing of wisdom with me. I couldn’t do it without my grow friends. I was so scared to start again, but with everyone's encouragement and faith, here we are.

So..last week my son surprised me with a new veg tent ~Woot Woot!~ This winter here in MA has been SO COLD, and I had a heck of a time keeping my large tent 80 degrees and high humidity for seedlings. I also had some family issues and grow issues and was getting very frustrated. I guess he saw (and heard!) and wanted to help out his mom. Thank you my love.

IMG_20190220_191320.jpg

I started (4) seeds via the paper towel method. I know a lot of people are against this process, but it works best for me. I like to be able to see which ones are “duds” before moving on to the next step...and it just gives me such a rush to see those little roots! I am VERY careful not to touch seeds or tap roots with my hands. (3) Ladies got tails, but one just didn't have enough energy to make the journey. I actually dropped her on the floor on the way to the trash can and my cat ran over and ate it. Sigh. No words here. So much for a proper burial. Darn Cat.
:naughtystep:

I moistened (3) root riots with warm tap water, sprinkled a little Mykos in each hole, and gently placed in seeds using tweezers. I placed each riot in a shot glass (for stability), put them all in my little propagator, covered it, and placed the whole thing inside my veg tent under the T5. Temp inside propagator 80 & humidity 75. I put a little water in the bottom of the propagator and sprayed the riots daily as they were drying out faster than I am used to. (Usually my tent is not this warm, probably why!)

A few days later when I saw roots sticking out of the bottom of the riots I prepared (3) 5oz clear plastic cups by drilling holes in the bottoms and filling each one with Cannacoco. I weighed them to get “pre-water/dry” weight. Each cup weighed +/- 90 grams dry. I then pre-charged each one with about 50ml of RO water, 1ml/L CalMag, and 2ml/L Rhizotonic. After watering each cup weighed +/- 140g. Cups were moist but not waterlogged. I made holes in the middle of the Cannacoco, sprinkled in mykos, and planted in the riots. The small veg tent is holding temps and humidity rather well~ Tent temp 79 & humidity 74 with my small clip fan giving the ladies a tiny breeze up their skirt.
:biggrin:
I had a lot of issues with my plastic cups being unstable and even falling over….and this made me nervous. One day I was walking around Family Dollar and saw THESE on clearance for $1.00/ea. (Yes, my mind is always on my grow) My problem has been solved. “Beer Can Chicken Roaster Stands”....AKA “Mom’s Cannabis Seedling Cup Stand”. Who would have thought? They work awesome.

I am weighing the cups every morning and when they are below 130g I dunk them (bottom feed) in a container of RO water and MegaCrop (at 2g per gallon) ph 6.0 for just a few seconds until they are back up to 130g. Hence, the clear cups let me see all the action. (Thank you @lunarman & @slowandeasy!)

And there is where we sit today. Here are the DPMazar Triplets.

IMG_20190224_001126.jpg

IMG_20190224_112944.jpg

Last edited:
Looks like a great start Mom. It was good you took a break and did some research and thinking and planning and picking other peoples brains. I can see its paid off already.

your temp and RH are in a VPD sweet spot which is great. But you need to keep a fan going pointed right at them if you can. It will keep the coco dryer and prevent mold. And will also help strengthen the seedlings. With that high of humidity you will find you don't need to water much at first. I'd guess you can water maybe at most two ounces every two days. The higher RH means you need less water. And you know what too much water does to grows. So just watch that. Might want to get another one of those cheap moisture meters as a sanity check. Just slide the tip down the inside of the cup edge and look at the meter.

Do you do anything to prevent bugs? I dont think you've had bugs in past grows from what I recall. But you never know with those things. If you dont do anything now I'd considered adding something to your toolbox. I like mosquito dunks. What I do is put a small piece in every bucket I use for feed water I mix up and leave it in there floating around. It will last 30 days. And it will not harm anything, but it will make sure most bugs like fungus gnats don't get a hatch going.

Thank you guys so much :) Yeppers, I have a small clip fan in the veg tent. I do have dio earth, is that ok to sprinkle on top of them?

I use DE too. mix it in with my coco when I hydrate/prime it. you could sprinkle some on top of the coco and then put a little coco on top of that. But I would and do always use mosquito dunks on top of that. Pretty sure you can order them from amazon for cheap.

Just noticed your journal is in the autopots section. Which reminds me, put mosquito dunk chunks in your res once you start using it.

Just noticed your journal is in the autopots section. Which reminds me, put mosquito dunk chunks in your res once you start using it.
Thank you hon. Yes, I had little black pains in my arse once with my soil grow, they were relentless! I just checked Amazon and they have BITS or DUNKS. Is there one those little flying black things hate MORE, or are they both the same?

I don't really like using neem oil. its messy. And I think its more of a reactionary measure instead of being proactive.

What I like about mosquito dunks is you use them from day one and all thru the grow to prevent bugs in their tracks. Therefore you don't end up getting in to a reactionary bug fight down the road. I think you will be pleased with them.

Back