My general compost tea recipe (Can I breed BTI in it?)

bil

Reaction score
Hi all,

So I brew compost teas to feed my plant used in conjunction with a pre mixed soil that I make up.

The recipe is as follows.

-4ish gallons of water,
-a half cup (or a little less) of worm castings,
-a quarter cup of soil I dug up from the woods where the dirt is just incredibly rich. Were talking rich organics and small particle sized dirt. I'm thinking this has got to add some exotics i wont have already. (not clay, but getting there)
-a quarter cup of bokashi in bran
-a dash of both leaf and fish compost.
-alfalfa meal (I sometimes swap this for kelp meal instead)

then 8-12h into the process i add some molasses. I brew for 36-48h (this one will be 36)

I also love to use BTI for gnat control... can I add that to the mix to brew them as well? Or will they starve in the bucket maybe? (Just trying to be a cheap bugger and save everywhere I can. If i can farm the BTI in here [and stretch out the bag I have] then i'm all for it!)

I aerate using a 950gph pump through a perforated piece of PVC and use an aquarium heater to maintain at least 72F.

Hi all,

So I brew compost teas to feed my plant used in conjunction with a pre mixed soil that I make up.

The recipe is as follows.

-4ish gallons of water,
-a half cup (or a little less) of worm castings,
-a quarter cup of soil I dug up from the woods where the dirt is just incredibly rich. Were talking rich organics and small particle sized dirt. I'm thinking this has got to add some exotics i wont have already. (not clay, but getting there)
-a quarter cup of bokashi in bran
-a dash of both leaf and fish compost.
-alfalfa meal (I sometimes swap this for kelp meal instead)

then 8-12h into the process i add some molasses. I brew for 36-48h (this one will be 36)

I also love to use BTI for gnat control... can I add that to the mix to brew them as well? Or will they starve in the bucket maybe? (Just trying to be a cheap bugger and save everywhere I can. If i can farm the BTI in here [and stretch out the bag I have] then i'm all for it!)

I aerate using a 950gph pump through a perforated piece of PVC and use an aquarium heater to maintain at least 72F.
You should check this out explains a lot but basically use compost/topdress dry fertilizer as it's actually benifical teas compost bokashi Korean farming I forget the name off top don't actually do much of anything bio available wise in comparison to using the same as a topdress. But without a good understanding of real organics and wat I mean by that is built soil or soil that's tested bc even in or organics things like kelp if not sourced correctly can have heavy metals and there are plenty other things like that now as for teas the only proven in science is seed sport teas. Anyway this is a great listenhttps://www.autoflower.org/threads/real-science-vs-bro-science-ohhh-some-of-you-are-not-going-to-like-this.79214/page-9 it on PG 1 but it's long but very well worth it I missed things in that mini summary

Reactions: bil
I'm not sure about breeding bti but you can brew teas with bti in it...I do.

I use dunks myself...when my res is almost empty I transfer the remaining water into a 5 gallon pail..refill my res, bubble off the chlorine for 24hrs, then add the remnants from the 5gal to the fresh res to re-populate...has worked like a charm..
I'll run a dunk until it falls apart on its own then throw in a new one.
Dunks are worth the investment and great IPM.

Reactions: bil
Back