Gnome Automatics My Journey to ALF#5

Exactly what I would do, heavily water and come home to a plant that wilted and dry and ready to chop. But I would have fretted everyday away thinking I should have done something different. Also, for the same reasons as you, err on the side of couchlock, not racy. Not good for the ticker anymore. Good luck!

BTW - Almost forgot in my Stone Dragon afternoon haze, beautiful color on those Anvil buds. Just wowzer @Dudeski !

Some ALF [HASHTAG]#5[/HASHTAG] F3s residing in me veggie garden. 8/18/19

@FullDuplex
Here are some pics of your girls.

Started these girls indoors for two days in 2" peat pots, with a June 15th plant out.
Fully organic grown of course.

Smallest by far, but fasted finishing gal by far as well.
Dog Shit terpine phenotype. For me, i like. Typically always potent.
IMG_0009.JPG

IMG_0012.JPG

IMG_0011.JPG

Twas not expecting all three of these in the below group to be females, thus the close planting.

IMG_0007.JPG

IMG_0016.JPG

IMG_0008.JPG

@FullDuplex
@Waira

Here is that one phenotype that we talked about.
I was not sure if it was a very long vegging phenotype, or got hit with some stray Viking Afghani photo IBL pollen, when i made F3s a couple of years ago OD.

After the flowers have started forming more, i am sure that it is indeed ALF [HASHTAG]#5[/HASHTAG] x Viking F1s (auto x photo), rather than just ALF [HASHTAG]#5[/HASHTAG]. Looking like about 4', and don't think she has even started to stretch like she is going to.
Very well may self this one, as so far ticks off all the boxes for us Northern Lat OD growers.

IMG_0002.JPG

Peace

Some ALF [HASHTAG]#5[/HASHTAG] F3s residing in me veggie garden. 8/18/19

@FullDuplex
Here are some pics of your girls.

Started these girls indoors for two days in 2" peat pots, with a June 15th plant out.
Fully organic grown of course.

Smallest by far, but fasted finishing gal by far as well.
Dog Shit terpine phenotype. For me, i like. Typically always potent.
View attachment 1092898

View attachment 1092900

View attachment 1092901

Twas not expecting all three of these in the below group to be females, thus the close planting.

View attachment 1092902

View attachment 1092903
View attachment 1092904

@FullDuplex
@Waira

Here is that one phenotype that we talked about.
I was not sure if it was a very long vegging phenotype, or got hit with some stray Viking Afghani photo IBL pollen, when i made F3s a couple of years ago OD.

After the flowers have started forming more, i am sure that it is indeed ALF [HASHTAG]#5[/HASHTAG] x Viking F1s (auto x photo), rather than just ALF [HASHTAG]#5[/HASHTAG]. Looking like about 4', and don't think she has even started to stretch like she is going to.
Very well may self this one, as so far ticks off all the boxes for us Northern Lat OD growers.

View attachment 1092907

Peace
Oh man, you are rocking the alf!

They look great @StickMan and I believe you are correct about the taller one. We had a few freaks in the f3 that hit 8 foot but were late flowering plants however the structure is different so I think you may be correct.

The others look like alf 5 for sure. Beastly mains and rock hard. The dog shit smell should be an interesting one. I believe you’re correct in potential kick. The clustered gals are beautiful and can see the diversity still in them. Explains why they’re so diverse in size. Still hammering it in the pnw for sure. Looking forward to your report mate

They look great @StickMan and I believe you are correct about the taller one. We had a few freaks in the f3 that hit 8 foot but were late flowering plants however the structure is different so I think you may be correct.

The others look like alf 5 for sure. Beastly mains and rock hard. The dog shit smell should be an interesting one. I believe you’re correct in potential kick. The clustered gals are beautiful and can see the diversity still in them. Explains why they’re so diverse in size. Still hammering it in the pnw for sure. Looking forward to your report mate
Forgot to add very important data on AlF 5s, by far the largest autos that i have grown OD in the last 8 years or so.

Tall one (ALF5 x Viking) should be great for all that deal with nasty fall weather, like @BCBudlady deals with.
Nice open structure for branches as well as bud distribution. Looking forward to seeing what color flowers on her, as about half of Viking phenotypes have purple flowers.
Also would get quite beastly if started indoors in April, but looks like she is still going to put out even with a mid June germ and plant out.

Oh man, you are rocking the alf!
Thanks brother,i give all the credit to the genetics.
Just treating them like the veggies as far as organic dry nutes and a weekly EWC tea.
Trouble free growing at its finest!

FD sure hit it out of the park with this pairing of genetics!

Have you grown ALF 5 yet?
Only autos i am growing this year.
Stick loves BK and of course Black Dragon.

Peace

Hey @StickMan

So I've been growing the Alf [HASHTAG]#5[/HASHTAG] and Anvil mines dont look like yours or @FullDuplex

This is a pic of mines at day 77(8 /18)

Alf [HASHTAG]#5[/HASHTAG]
20190818_200253.jpg
20190818_200305.jpg
20190818_200321.jpg

No color at all?

Anvil at day 79 (also 8/18)

20190818_200101.jpg
20190818_200135.jpg
20190818_200152.jpg

I'm in roots organic soil with fox farm trio, and compose teas. Using auto cobs and I'm growing in a closet.

Forgot to add very important data on AlF 5s, by far the largest autos that i have grown OD in the last 8 years or so.

Tall one (ALF5 x Viking) should be great for all that deal with nasty fall weather, like @BCBudlady deals with.
Nice open structure for branches as well as bud distribution. Looking forward to seeing what color flowers on her, as about half of Viking phenotypes have purple flowers.
Also would get quite beastly if started indoors in April, but looks like she is still going to put out even with a mid June germ and plant out.
So exciting @StickMan ! I am loving the outdoor grow , but August/September humidity is worrisome.
The Anvils and Alf5xCBD I grew, were so easygoing. Sounds like a winning combination!
She could get huge!
I’m still away for several days and my husband called to let me know that a neighbor 3doors down noticed my plants... Not exactly stealth. He then asked where he could get some seeds. Pretty funny. I’m seeing another growing tutorial in my future.
I would think that Alf#5 x Viking would be a little smaller if she Autos?

Thanks brother,i give all the credit to the genetics.
Just treating them like the veggies as far as organic dry nutes and a weekly EWC tea.
Trouble free growing at its finest!

FD sure hit it out of the park with this pairing of genetics!

Have you grown ALF 5 yet?
Only autos i am growing this year.
Stick loves BK and of course Black Dragon.

Peace
Oh I have been blessed by FD and alf. Yes grew her last grow and was blown away by the work. I've followed the alf journey for a long time and never imagined that I would get to grow one! I made the rookie mistake of not feeding mine enough. But still ended up with a great harvest. Those I share with are blown away.

I haven't posted this yet but a good friend got second and third degree burns on his leg , cooking accident. He has been vaping anvil exclusively since getting out of the hospital. He is able to sleep and manage pain. This is something I never imagined 40 years ago when I started smoking.

Hey @StickMan

So I've been growing the Alf [HASHTAG]#5[/HASHTAG] and Anvil mines dont look like yours or @FullDuplex

This is a pic of mines at day 77(8 /18)

Alf [HASHTAG]#5[/HASHTAG]
View attachment 1093470 View attachment 1093471 View attachment 1093472

No color at all?

Anvil at day 79 (also 8/18)

View attachment 1093473 View attachment 1093474 View attachment 1093475

I'm in roots organic soil with fox farm trio, and compose teas. Using auto cobs and I'm growing in a closet.
Looks fantastic! My anvil was late to color. But I think the green alf is a special one. FD will have to answer this one

Back