Sweet Seeds My SAD grow

Update time :D She is looking great. She is a very strong plant. She is at day 29 and we have the baby SAD at day 2 here are some pics

100_1602.jpg100_1603.jpg100_1604.jpg

Still perfect ;)

Very weel, I love the "transplanting" method, hehehe :thumbs:

See you around, keep it sweet!

tommy

Thanks Tommy

yeah I learned that Transplanting method here on AFN :smoke:. Its been working great for me. This is a great Forum with a lot of great people :group:

I always thought transplanting Auto's just puts to much stress on them and stunts them? I was always told never keep a plant in a cup longer than a week because once that Taproot bottoms out it will adapt to that size and essentially stunt it. Is that incorrect information?
Is it as long as its not flowering? or what? How long can you actually keep it in a small media like a cup or small bag of coco?

Thanks Tommy

yeah I learned that Transplanting method here on AFN :smoke:. Its been working great for me. This is a great Forum with a lot of great people :group:

I always thought transplanting Auto's just puts to much stress on them and stunts them? I was always told never keep a plant in a cup longer than a week because once that Taproot bottoms out it will adapt to that size and essentially stunt it. Is that incorrect information?
Is it as long as its not flowering? or what? How long can you actually keep it in a small media like a cup or small bag of coco?

Hi 777! :thumbs:

First of all what kingpin420 did is not a normal transplanting, he just cuts the bottom of the cup and puts the cup inside a bigger pot with new soil. With this chances of stress are very reduced, in my opinion.

About transplanting autos you're a bit right, if the grower is not very sure about what he's doing and chances of stressing the plants are significant, then it's better to use only one pot. But using only one pot also has its tricks and the grower has to be carefull with a few things that can be even more stressing to plants than a transplant.

I personally prefer do transplant them. First I use a cup of about 200ml for the first week. Then a pot of 500ml until day 18 from germination. And then I transplant them to the final pots (I use at least 7 litre pots as final container).

This works great for me but of course one has to be gentle when transplanting and experience counts. There's also the option of using only one pot but then in the first 2 or 3 weeks you have a small plant with a small root structure inside a big pot with lots of soil unreached by the roots. This means that one has to be careful and not use too much water in the first weeks, of else the small root will not be able to reach to all the water and this will make the soil to be moisty for a few days in a row, which can be very bad for the plants development.

So doing it all with just one pot also depends a bit on the experience of the grower. Giving them the right amount of water is very important... and then you can't just underwater them as they also need the water stimulation to develop their root system.

With all this in consideration I really think the method kingpin420 uses is maybe the best option.

I also use it since a couple of years ago, have a look, I have it all explained here: https://www.autoflower.org/f142/big-devil-2-%AE-%7C-fast-bud-2-%AE-test-grow-22165-2.html

Cheers guys, sweet smokes! :wiz:

tommy

Right on, that helps... I grow DWC so It doesn't really matter to me lol,but my friend uses coco cups for his photos to develop nice strong roots and plants then Xfers them to DWC. So I was wondering if this could be a tactic for Auto's as well... May have to try that. 16oz cup with coco drop till day 10 er so then xfer over. I was just worried about stunting. Hurting the yield and over quality to me is never worth the ease of the grow. That's just my outlook though.

Hey Tommy and 777

Your close to how I do my transplant. I have two cups.. one with the bottom cut out and the other has a few holes cut in the bottom to have drainage. After about 10 days I carefully take the outer cup off and Transplant it into my final pot I like using the cups because I can use a seedling mix. I have tried just putting it into soil. I use FFOF and its to hot for seedlings I was getting males all the time. so I found this method of transplanting on AFN but I don't think its here anymore after the whole TBM thing happened.

I have some new pic updates. She is at day 35. SAD is looking so good all I can say is WOW!!stylez rasta smoke
100_1614.jpg100_1611.jpg

Fresh looking branching and budsites a'ready. Subbing up now before I miss anymore:thread::pop:

Yeah new too ...
this is summn I really need to try as well ..

So here a bit of watering that helps me ...
I just give small amounts at specific times cause im in soil ...
All that watering to catch runoff its a blurt to me ...
When they are Fems ....
I really have found that success to be better ..

I guess yall have found that way better ...i knew I had some fast plants when I started everything in Solo cups ...

this is gonna be one big bush can't wait to see it finish out !!!.

King have u seen Tangs in the BOM ..
Good god !!!

Back