Have a few week old Canna Cheese AF. I have decided not to LST or top the plants, as I normally would. This is my first AF grow and there's still so much to learn. My question is about defoliation? Do AF's tolerate removal of lower fan leaves to get more light down deep? Thankee big-big
Go and look for auto beasts or vapos grow diarys some great info to be found about auto flower training I'd link them for you but I'm on my phone

Have a few week old Canna Cheese AF. I have decided not to LST or top the plants, as I normally would. This is my first AF grow and there's still so much to learn. My question is about defoliation? Do AF's tolerate removal of lower fan leaves to get more light down deep? Thankee big-big

heya @Mr Chewbaca Himself and :welcome: to afn! :toke: autoz can handle defol, no prob ;) jus don't go crazy with it all at once, lol :rolleyes2: ppp

@Mr Chewbaca Himself :welcome:Welcome to AFN:welcome:I only defoliate for air-flow underneath. But I also have high quality lights and Orca Grow film so light penetration is not much of a concern.

@Mr Chewbaca Himself :welcome:Welcome to AFN:welcome:I only defoliate for air-flow underneath. But I also have high quality lights and Orca Grow film so light penetration is not much of a concern.

My light is good, I have pretty good air flow, but there are some shade leaves that are really cramping the style of some lower-level bud sights.

This being my first AF grow I decided against what I would normally do which is early topping and LST. I have enough to adjust to already. But the other day I noticed some shade being cast and thought I'd ask the experts.

Thanks to everyone for the replies.

My light is good, I have pretty good air flow, but there are some shade leaves that are really cramping the style of some lower-level bud sights.

This being my first AF grow I decided against what I would normally do which is early topping and LST. I have enough to adjust to already. But the other day I noticed some shade being cast and thought I'd ask the experts.

Thanks to everyone for the replies.

jus a footnote, but whenever possible, alwayz try to tuck instead of snippin ;) ppp

jus a footnote, but whenever possible, alwayz try to tuck instead of snippin ;) ppp

Good advice. I trimmed the 2nd and 3rd layer of shade leaves. I circled them in red in the image. theses were the ones shading other valuable sites.

I am also trying to avoid problems with these claw tips that are showing up. My pH is 5.83, I'm running nutrients lower than the bottle recommendations (because its still week 1 of feeding). Theres no discoloration but it is growing a talon

Attachments

• 20201127_174946.jpg
    20201127_174946.jpg
    789.4 KB · Views: 43
Back