Newbie tools, What is needed and why, Come contrbute!

Hey thanks for the compliments man. Though I am still a bit behind the times on the indoor scene, I am picking it up pretty quickly. ;)
As you know outdoor is where I shine brightest. Tag me anytime you think I can help someone out, no problem at all, I get caught up asap after the trip.

@Emma - If you go for the galaxy, don't forget your calmag. An exceptional grower on here that goes by the name of Fairlynew recommended the galaxyhydro/populargrow leds and they worked out perfect for my limited vertical space. If you have no vertical space restraints I would consider a 5w model instead of the 3w for better penetration(though I am not sure if galaxy has 5w diodes?). I had my leds running very close to plant tips, and with decent circulation(diy PC fans) between the lights and the plant tips I was able to get within 6"with no bleaching or other ill effects.

Oh snap I didn't even know(even though I SHOULD have lol) that @Fairlynew was responsible for recommending the galaxy LED's!

Oh and I think because that is the area I have the least expertise in is outside things is why I always tag you, cause I know u rock the outdoor scene out!

Some one recommended me the Galaxyhydro led grow lights on amazon, anyone has ever used ? I need a real evaluation.
I would advise you to get them from eBay it is cheaper then Amazon

Thanks for all your information, very useful and helpful!

Last edited:
Read all the post good info. Grew a couple a while back just now getting back into growing. Thinking about switching to an Led and adding fans (working with an hps 400 w) been getting airy buds

Nice thread! May I suggest you specify that people should buy electronic timers?

Mechanical ones, though cheap, are never recommended as I knkiw from personal experience.

Also melectronic timers come with vetterbrelay protection then most mechanical ones.

Would someone knowledgeable please tell me what is a "Pump powered breaker watering head"?

My internets attending its screwy lowey training classses at the moment. But you could try searching for that on google.com [emoji846]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Would someone knowledgeable please tell me what is a "Pump powered breaker watering head"?
It's a tank with a hand pump to pressurize and a breaker head is a like a shower head to disperse water over a larger area helping with oxygen saturation

Nice thread! May I suggest you specify that people should buy electronic timers?

Mechanical ones, though cheap, are never recommended as I knkiw from personal experience.

Also melectronic timers come with vetterbrelay protection then most mechanical ones.
This suggestion may be equpment specific, my lights are recommended to NOT use a digital/electronic timer,anybody run into anything similar??

This suggestion may be equpment specific, my lights are recommended to NOT use a digital/electronic timer,anybody run into anything similar??

Im no electrician but ive some personal experience... disclaimer :p

Its irrelevant with modern electronic timers (as opposed to the "mechanical" magnetic ones that warning is attached to), they have contactors rated for 10+ amps usually (another important thing to check when buying a timer) and will not fuse together.

Also modern digital ballasts are all soft starting (again as opposed to old magnetic impulse ones that were not to be used with plug and play time relays) and have built in circuit protection.

Ive had both types of timers and ballasts. Got rid of the impulse starters soon as i saw how dangerous they are to leave unattended (coil temp of 100c). The one and only time i used a mechanical timer its contactor was fused.

Scary shit for a grow at a forest cabin yes, but imagine if its your apartment...

So, only buy digital ballasts, only use electronic weekly timers with relay protection rated for 10+ amps.

The plug and play ones usually come in 10 or 16A varieties.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back