Newbie tools, What is needed and why, Come contrbute!

Thanks.
I guess I never thought of it as SOG, (because 3 isn't much of a "sea") but that makes sense..actually.

A good starting point would be 50 watts per Sq. foot.

I've just purchased a Mars Hydro 300w LED and am looking to get the ds60 this week.
I was originally looking to buy a 3x3 gtent until I became aware of actual wattage, 137 I think.
I want to hopefully try 3 plants in 3 gal pots in the ds60(2x2x5), should I just roll with it?
I've read 25-40 watts is good for LEDs.
First time grower btw.

that Mars 300 is good for the 2X2X5, but I would add some corner el chepo flouro 2ft t8 plant and aquarim kind there like $10 each at wally's. one in each corner.....About 6 inches higher than the hight of your bucket, I would also suggest going with one larger bucket and one plant, get a good size self watering container like a 20 gallon.,,sit back ,let that baby rock and roll

I've just purchased a Mars Hydro 300w LED and am looking to get the ds60 this week.
I was originally looking to buy a 3x3 gtent until I became aware of actual wattage, 137 I think.
I want to hopefully try 3 plants in 3 gal pots in the ds60(2x2x5), should I just roll with it?
I've read 25-40 watts is good for LEDs.
First time grower btw.

Depending on what strain you are growing and what method you are using will have a lot to do with if your equipment is adequate, for example if you are trying to grow 2 AutoXtremes in 5 gallon DWC buckets that will not be sufficient to get the max out of your plants, but if you are goin to do some 60 day lemon hazes in soil you should be fine.

So a little more info is needed to give an accurate assessment, so what strain are you growing and what method are you intending on using, please forgive me if this info has already been provided as I did not read through the whole thread

Depending on what strain you are growing and what method you are using will have a lot to do with if your equipment is adequate, for example if you are trying to grow 2 AutoXtremes in 5 gallon DWC buckets that will not be sufficient to get the max out of your plants, but if you are goin to do some 60 day lemon hazes in soil you should be fine.

So a little more info is needed to give an accurate assessment, so what strain are you growing and what method are you intending on using, please forgive me if this info has already been provided as I did not read through the whole thread

Thanks for the reply.
I bought the ds60 2x2x4.5.
I also bought 2x2.5gal pots to judge how much space I have, I think I'm maxed out, they may even be too large.
I have about 2 inches space between the pots and the side of the tents.

In terms of strains I'm not sure, I'll be getting fast buds GSC and some Kandy Kush from Herbies

Height of tent and lights are cool I think, it's just whether or I stick with 2 pots or try 1 larger pot.

Uploaded a pic

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    120.8 KB · Views: 158
Last edited:
Thanks for the reply.
I bought the ds60 2x2x4.5.
I also bought 2x2.5gal pots to judge how much space I have, I think I'm maxed out, they may even be too large.
I have about 2 inches space between the pots and the side of the tents.

In terms of strains I'm not sure, I'll be getting fast buds GSC and some Kandy Kush from Herbies

Height of tent and lights are cool I think, it's just whether or I stick with 2 pots or try 1 larger pot.

Uploaded a pic

If you screen of green you should get a good result from a 2 plant grow.

If you screen of green you should get a good result from a 2 plant grow.

Cool, I'll prob just tie stems to keep things simple for my first time.

Another question.
With 2x2x4.5 tent, will 4inch fans be ok for both intake and extraction, or should I get a bigger extraction fan?
Or should I just use passive intake?

Last edited:
Cool, I'll prob just tie stems to keep things simple for my first time.

Another question.
With 2x2x4.5 tent, will 4inch fans be ok for both intake and extraction, or should I get a bigger extraction fan?
Or should I just use passive intake?

I'm sure someone who's a fan pro will come along an answer that question soon enough as Even I'm a noob when it came to converting from CFL over to hydro growing.

I use a four incher with passive intake in a 3X3 and half to run it at half power to keep from sucking the tenl off the frame; it should be plenty. I'd recommend getting either a Speed Bully or an old variac (my choice-those Speed Bullys look pretty cheap) to control the speed-you won't need full power, and it really helps with noise to reduce the power a bit.

Back