Nine Week Strains?

So you or somebody you know grew all these in this time frame to at least 20% amber, I believe they are all mostly indica? Is this just what the Mephisto website tells you?

I have grown all of them except Toof Decay - I just haven't gotten around to that one yet. The dates listed are actually what Mephisto tells you, and I have found them to be extremely accurate. I start checking the trichomes daily about a week before the predicted date, and grow them until about 30% amber.
Most of the Mephisto strains are Indica-dominant. There are a few that are 50/50 and a few that are 60-65% Sativa.

Last edited:
I have never once out of hundreds of autos seen a plant ready to harvest at 60 days. 75 is even a stretch for most.

I think those numbers you see online are 100% BS marketing, almost every cultivar out there, auto or photo, needs about 2-3 weeks more than what the "breeder recommends."

The only exception is clone-only varietals that are flowered after a long veg time, I have seen some 6 and 7 week plants that way, but their total lifespan was well over 200 days by that point.

I'd challenge anyone on here to show off a fully ripened and bulked plant that was in its shell casing 61 days ago...

Edit: stunted, tortured plants that die off from poor growing technique don't count, I'm well aware that the infirmary is full of mutilated budsicles that kick the can after 6-8 weeks...

Last edited:
"Patiently waiting" for the next release of 24 carat again. Here's the cola of mine day 66. And I'm a far better grower now than my old self then. Best sleep meds I've ever grown too.
Screenshot_20210216-104404_Chrome.jpg

Thank for the replies, y'all. I'm interested in this because I'm starting a breeding project and it would be fun to select for fast flowering strains, so I'm trying to get an idea about what to actually expect in terms of phenotypic variation. Certainly seems like a pretty plastic trait so I wouldn't be surprised to see different flowering times under different growing conditions/styles. The main trait I'm interested in initially will be apical dominance so that the strain I breed will be conducive to sea of green grows. Once that trait is stabilized I'll introgress some of that double dogg dankness in from my favorite photo strains my friends are growing.

"Patiently waiting" for the next release of 24 carat again. Here's the cola of mine day 66. And I'm a far better grower now than my old self then. Best sleep meds I've ever grown too. View attachment 1287838
Mephisto sent some to the the different seed banks, I believe he said he was not going to have them in the US store. I bought some at dc seed exchange, saw others listing as well. Mine just came today.

I have never once out of hundreds of autos seen a plant ready to harvest at 60 days. 75 is even a stretch for most.

I think those numbers you see online are 100% BS marketing, almost every cultivar out there, auto or photo, needs about 2-3 weeks more than what the "breeder recommends."

The only exception is clone-only varietals that are flowered after a long veg time, I have seen some 6 and 7 week plants that way, but their total lifespan was well over 200 days by that point.

I'd challenge anyone on here to show off a fully ripened and bulked plant that was in its shell casing 61 days ago...

Edit: stunted, tortured plants that die off from poor growing technique don't count, I'm well aware that the infirmary is full of mutilated budsicles that kick the can after 6-8 weeks...
I agree. I use to look at run times when I started back up. Now I never look, they finish when they finish.

Zkittles by FastBuds. Organic grow. Finished at 9 weeks. Could have cut her at 8 weeks but I wanted a few more amber trichomes.

Back