No clear trichs but only a few red hairs

PeaceLove&Buds

It’s never too late to be what you might’ve been
Cultivators Club
Reaction score
Currently Smoking
Homegrown!
My Sour Stomper x Double Grape is 64 days old. She has a few red hairs scattered throughout but just a few. I wouldn’t have thought to look at the trichs yet but I couldn’t help noticing the off white kinda color she has. Upon inspection I’m seeing no clear trichs anywhere, 99% milky with a few ambers here and there. Is it weird that her trichs are this far along with such few red hairs? I’ve grown SS and DG before and I don’t recall this situation but perhaps it’s the cross? Or could light intensity have a part in this? Appreciate any feedback thanks growmies.

0BEE663D-BF43-4774-B446-C47F166828E2.jpeg
2B141C89-34A1-495E-9CCF-93DAF5E148D8.jpeg
64C3AC24-E002-455E-B089-7B33003BF440.jpeg

The majority of your pistils are still white, I think this can fatten up quite a bit in the next few weeks.
Yes I agree. I’m not asking if it’s ready but rather is it abnormal for trichs to show “almost“ ready yet the plant does not? Just seems odd to not see any clear trichs at all at this point.

Yes I agree. I’m not asking if it’s ready but rather is it abnormal for trichs to show “almost“ ready yet the plant does not? Just seems odd to not see any clear trichs at all at this point.
It's a trend. The past 2 years I've seen this posted a fair bit and find it intriguing.

The red Hairs your referring to would be the terpines. A few things that could contribute to the lack of terpines could be environmental factors,
The wavelength of the light diodes but most commonly it's the nutrient lineup ....if you ran a diffrent lineup of nutrients before then 9 times outta 10 it's the nutrients profile that's not retaining the terps ...or if you changed something up I'm your feeding regime

The red Hairs your referring to would be the terpines. A few things that could contribute to the lack of terpines could be environmental factors,
The wavelength of the light diodes but most commonly it's the nutrient lineup ....if you ran a diffrent lineup of nutrients before then 9 times outta 10 it's the nutrients profile that's not retaining the terps ...or if you changed something up I'm your feeding regime
Only one thing has changed and that is that I’m only using 60% power on my 630w 4x4 for the last weekish due to a problem with the light but I raised her a bit and she’s getting about 900ppfd up top and 820ish on the growth in the middle. She was on 80% before with same numbers. Shes thriving under the same feed and tent conditions as all plants prior.
I should have said before that it’s not a concern as she looks and smells beautiful and shows no signs of light or feed problems. I‘ve just never seen all cloudy no clear when the plant clearly has plenty time to go and I was curious. I’m glad I looked though because I will look daily now. If I see amber overtaking the plant I’ll probably chop it no matter what it looks like because I’m not trying to grow a sleeping pill plus if the bud looks not ready it would be interesting to check out the high if I’m strictly going by trich coloring that I have always gone with (100% satisfaction so far).

@PeaceLove&Buds did it get hot/dry in the grow space? because that can cause the tricks to go cloudy on the fast side. It can just be genetic as well. I have had plants do that and never get amber? So just watch and wait because they are not done growing.

@PeaceLove&Buds did it get hot/dry in the grow space? because that can cause the tricks to go cloudy on the fast side. It can just be genetic as well. I have had plants do that and never get amber? So just watch and wait because they are not done growing.
The temp has been 77-80 which is where I usually am and the humidity gets 55-62. At this stage I prefer 50-55 but it’s been 80%+ outside. The plant looks so happy that I’ve convinced myself it’s genetic or an anomaly. I’m in no hurry and decided to wait until the plant looks ready as opposed to when the trichs look ready because I’m much more curious what that would be like. If it’s all amber and I grow a sleeping pill so be it but it would be a lesson I can check off. She has 6 siblings around her at about a month behind so there’s plenty of room for experimenting. Thanks for the reply and the tip on the trichs @Mañ'O'Green

The temp has been 77-80 which is where I usually am and the humidity gets 55-62. At this stage I prefer 50-55 but it’s been 80%+ outside. The plant looks so happy that I’ve convinced myself it’s genetic or an anomaly. I’m in no hurry and decided to wait until the plant looks ready as opposed to when the trichs look ready because I’m much more curious what that would be like. If it’s all amber and I grow a sleeping pill so be it but it would be a lesson I can check off. She has 6 siblings around her at about a month behind so there’s plenty of room for experimenting. Thanks for the reply and the tip on the trichs @Mañ'O'Green
I would still keep an eye on the trichs I like 20% amber and I would not let them run past that.

Back