Indoor Now running: Northern Lights auto, Blueberry auto

PKXL end; autos start
20200922_113511.jpg

20200922_114113.jpg

Lady PKXL with her clothes off. She's hanging in the dark now.

20200922_115910.jpg

Out with the old, in with a Northern Lights auto and a Blueberry auto. I muddled up which is which, at the very first possible opportunity to do so. We'll wait for smells I guess :jointman:

These are 5,7 litre pots which is about 1,6 gallons I think. The medium is soil with ~20% basalt for drainage, and basalt along the top. I don't actually know the benefits to a top layer of substrate like that other than splash prevention, but it should be less attractive to fungus gnats too. The girls had water and powdered seaweed, no nutrients added yet. The soil has plenty to keep them going for probably another two weeks.

In an ideal world I wouldn't top these as they're autos, but with my small space it's a must. I plan to top once and leave four main colas on each plant, Uncle Ben style :smokeit:

Last edited:
:baked:I like your two choices of strains and have grown both but not in auto flowers. Good luck to you with them and Kudos on your effort and continual improvement. Looking mighty fine

:baked:I like your two choices of strains and have grown both but not in auto flowers. Good luck to you with them and Kudos on your effort and continual improvement. Looking mighty fine
Nice to see you here GH :pass:getting better learning from your good self and others!! I'm an indica guy so what could be better than Blueberry and NL? Answer: a cross between them, and a photoperiod at that :jointman: Blue Mystic from Royal Queen, picked up a lone seed but she'll have to wait a while cos we're full :smoking:

Hi dudes end of NL and Blueberry auto week two, that's two weeks since they broke soil. Damn these girls grow up so fast :smokeit:

Both ladies getting a good happy start to life. I'm really happy that they are squat plants, with thick stems and tiny internodal spacing. Guessing that's down to the 6500K LEDs.

Nothing but plain water needed yet. They had 400ml each to drink yesterday, and a good soak on the foliage like rain a couple of times a day. Humidity is a bit low at around 52%, but the spray keeps the girls happy. Temps 75-80 or 25-28 celsius. Lights are on 18/6.

20201002_102842-1.jpg

They look in great shape and almost ready to top.

Enjoy a fatty friday joint tonight dudes :jointman:

Hi dudes end of week three on these autos :smokeit: both were topped five days ago.
20201009_092653-1.jpg

20201009_092915-1.jpg

20201009_093132-1.jpg

20201009_094028-1.jpg

You can maybe already see the four branches which will each form one cola. I added two of my 4000K bulbs to encourage the plants to stretch a little more - squat is good but I want these ladies to space out a bit.

Still no way of telling which plant is which :haha: waiting to catch a whiff of that Blueberry :jointman:

I usually run autos under 20/4 but for now the lights are only on for 16 hours a day. We can hear the fans from our bedroom, and the lights are too hot to run without fans, so the whole lot shuts off at 10pm.

Just about to feed 2.5ml veg nutes in 500ml water plus a scoop of powdered seaweed each, I put that in some inches down via a funnel. I hate the smell of seaweed so freaking much so I bury it below the surface. Temps stable mid 70s to low 80s, humidity stable at 60%.

Happy smoking tonight dudes :passit: :smoking:

Hi AFN end of week four on these autos :smoking: both have shot out a few pistils and started to stretch.

20201016_103005-1.jpg

20201016_102800-1.jpg

20201016_102840-1.jpg

One is racing along and has four nice even branches, the other is a way behind and a lot less even. Scent-wise I still can't tell them apart yet.

Now running six LED bulbs (15w/100w equivalent each), two are daylight 6500k and four are warm 4000k. Temps and humidity really stable at 78f and 60-62% rh. Fed just once with veg nutes at 5ml/L and a scoop of powdered seaweed.

Lights are on 16 hours a day and I'm wondering if this longish dark period will accelerate the stretch?

Wish all a fine smoke this weekend :jointman: I'll leave a little strain report on PKXL below for those interested :smoker1:

Strain report
Painkiller XL from Royal Queen seeds
Seed was purchased on sale for 8 euros from the RQS site, it's only sold as a photo.
Plant was grown in soil with inorganic nutes added.
Tested as ground herb through a clean vape at 430f.
Pro: 1:1 THC to CBD, heavy CBD content leaves a warm comforting feeling all the way down to the bones. Fits its name!
Con: the high barely registers in the head. Smell and taste are also very light and indistinct.
Overall: good pick for medical users who don't want to get high. For me it's best mixed with a heavy hitter like GG.

End of week five on these autos :smokeit:

20201023_114626-1.jpg

One
20201023_114541-1.jpg

And the other

20201023_115107-1.jpg

Together

They got really leggy in the stretch so I did some heavy super cropping on the tallest branches. Bent some of them twice and some three times. Evened up the canopy and no snaps which is rare for me :haha:

Humidity is down to around 55%, temps still high 70s. One feed this week with an NPK 7-10-5 solution, 500ml each at 5ml/L.

Only one or two fungus gnats waiting for me in the closet each day. I try to clap the bastards into the shadow realm rather than breaking out the neem oil.

Cheers dudes, enjoy a friday fatty tonight :jointman:

Hi dudes end of week 6 on the autos :smokeit:

20201030_102143-1.jpg

My nose is telling me this lady must be the Blueberry.

20201030_102115-1.jpg

And the Northern Lights, a bit smaller but just as happy. This strain was all I could ever get hold of for a while, it's like meeting an old friend :smoking:

20201030_102436-1.jpg

The closet overall

I have started using a couple of biobizz feeds. The girls had 1ml/L fish mix and 2ml/L bloom on Wednesday. They started "praying" upwards quite drastically afterwards but settled down within 24h.

I replaced the last two cool white bulbs with warm white bulbs. Now all six are 3500 or 4000K.
Cheers dudes happy smoking :jointman:

Back