Indoor Now running: Northern Lights auto, Blueberry auto

fauxnacho

Blaze HQ
Cultivators Club
Reaction score
Currently Smoking
Pure Kush
:welcome:
Hello dudes in this thread I will document the progress inside my grow closet on a weekly basis. I will be running a series of strains one by one, sometimes auto, sometimes photo. Don't expect anything fancy, it's a small space with some basic equipment, but we've got all we need for some decent grows!

I started growing about 9 months ago. Only one plant of all I've grown has turned out good and chunky. I have a lot to learn.

The lights I use are simple LEDs, three slim panels side by side:
20200520_213725-1.jpg

For my medium I break up premium garden compost from the store and add in 20% coco and 15% clay pellets for aeration and drainage. The compost comes hot, so I don't add bottled nutrients immediately. The nutrients I use are standard garden centre products, NPK 7-3-5 for veg and a 7-10-5 for bloom. I treat my plants like any other in a garden, I'm not really dialling it in, I just keep it healthy the best I can and take what she gives :smoking:

I was very lucky when I moved here that I have a big ass extractor fan built in. Alls I had to do was hook up some ducting. It's humidity-sensitive and would normally cost over 400 euros. I don't have an intake in the closet but there's a small fan, which for this small space is enough circulation. I do have a bigger desk fan for if the closet gets full and needs more wind on a hot day, but I'm Dutch, and we don't have hot days :baked:

I use either a 3 or 4 gallon pot, 3 is usually enough. The space can hold 4 x 2 gallon pots but it's better with one at a time. I put a layer of clay pellets a couple of centimetres thick along the bottom for drainage, and a layer of coco across the top of my soil mix as it shows me when the soil is dry.

First up for the journal is Painkiller XL, a sativa-dominant equal THC:CBD strain from Royal Queen Seeds. We'll pick up from her switch to 12/12.

After her I have a Think Different seed from Dutch Passion, and a few varieties from RQS including Purple Queen, Royal Highness, Special Kush, Special Queen and a Northern Lights auto. One by one, this should keep me busy for a while.

I'll post a weekly update which sometimes won't need to be much, but it will cover all the good, the bad and the ugly of my grows.
To all who drop in or follow along, welcome, and enjoy what you're smoking today!
:smokeit:

Last edited:
So here is Painkiller XL as we flip into 12/12. She popped months ago, I removed loads of her growth while she shared the space with some autos. Her roots are extensive, she was close to potbound in a 2 gallon container.
20200724_121416-1.jpg

20200724_121553-1.jpg

20200724_121505-1.jpg

She's 75% sativa so we might expect some tomfuckery from her during the stretch. This poor old shrub is a bit of a free hit considering her life to this point. Just hoping we can pull some good CBD-rich bud off her!

She was potted up a week ago into a 3 gallon pot with some nice fresh soil mix. I pressed her down firm and watered her in with plain water. Stretch should begin in the coming week, still maybe a month before things get interesting :smoking:

Cheers dudes :jointman:

Hey, thanks for sharing, I am new here and to growing. I like how you use pebbles in the bottom of the pot and coco on the top, I will definitely incorporate that into my grow. Every time I read something I learn something!

I will surely be following your progress, good job and good luck with this grow! :goodluck:

Thanks again bud (pardon the pun) :crying:

Hey, thanks for sharing, I am new here and to growing. I like how you use pebbles in the bottom of the pot and coco on the top, I will definitely incorporate that into my grow. Every time I read something I learn something!

I will surely be following your progress, good job and good luck with this grow! :goodluck:

Thanks again bud (pardon the pun) :crying:
Cheers bud, yeah it'll definitely help you to check journals here as you get started. There are loads of approaches you can take, mine is very basic. Good luck starting out though :smokeit:

Here is PKXL at end of week 1 flower :smoking:
Fed 1x bloom nutes 1.5L @5ml/L
She knows it's time, stems are lengthening.
20200731_131605-1.jpg

20200731_131712.jpg

Will take her out the closet for better pics when there is more to see. It's a pain in the ass with the trellis.
Cheers! :jointman:

End of week 2 flower, pistils are now showing at the bud sites.
Soil was a bit too wet so I'll wait until she's thirsty before feeding again. I spray a small amount of rain water from outside onto the foliage a few times a week to simulate rain.
IMG-20200807-WA0000.jpg

There's a heatwave here but the closet is fine. Humidity is stable at 52-54%, temp just creeping up from 24 celsius to 25 (77 farenheit), it may go higher as we expect 32-35 degrees (90-95 farenheit) outside for 7 days straight.
I planted citronella grass seeds around the base of the plant yesterday, just to make more use of the closet. Citronella repels bugs when agitated.
Cheers dudes :smokeit:

Time to check in dudes, PKXL continues at the end of week 3 flower. Bud sites are good n fuzzy but the lack of vertical length is gonna mean the "colas" end up as little more than popcorn. I'm thinking I'll cut her down further to just maybe four bud sites, it is late to be doing that but I don't want to end up with ten pieces of popcorn. In a fruiting plant like grapes or tomatoes you never worry about pruning too late, the remaining fruit always benefits. I'll apply that same principle to my buds. Here she is for now:
20200814_144346-1.jpg

20200814_144353.jpg

And the citronella at the base is coming through, which is neat:
20200814_144425.jpg

We're in the longest sustained heatwave in the history of our country, but gladly the only issue for the closet has been some flies coming in.

Have a fine smoke this weekend dudes :smokeit:

What lights you got there mate
The lights are listed as LED grow lights on ebay by multiple chinese sellers. The quality is ok but I am saving for an upgrade. These panels cost about 20 euros each, and you need three at least
20200520_213725.jpg

My expectations for flowering this plant were low but still I'm disappointed! I haven't given her what she needs and she's never hit her stride in flower. My soil mix is poor and does not drain well enough to allow regular feeding. With the heatwave ongoing, wet soil really brings in the bugs. She has to be quite dry, meaning that I can't feed her often enough. Maybe she can pick up in the remaining weeks and pack some weight on her buds. We're at the end of week four flower now.

I removed a couple of bud sites to hopefully fatten those that remain. She is healthy but tiny.
20200821_144237-1.jpg

20200821_144217-1.jpg

Without wanting to sound negative I am really just waiting for poor old PKXL to vacate my space so I can start afresh. Got some blueberry x northern lights, a Think Different, and a whole bunch of others to run through when the time comes :smokeit:

Wish all a fine smoke this weekend :jointman:

Back