Miss WDA is chopped. I could have chased for a bit more amber, but the overall plant really looked done, so down she came. Here she is before the clippers came out:
View attachment 1562683View attachment 1562684

One of the reasons for chopping now:
View attachment 1562680
Too much foxtail action for me. I was getting worried that whatever got to her might be causing some undetected nanner mischief.

Here the final trich shot:
View attachment 1562697
Still a bit more clear and a bit less amber than I hoped. Ah well. Better next time maybe.

The pile and the stump:
View attachment 1562686
This will be by far the largest haul from a single plant for me.

The stump up close and personal:
View attachment 1562687
The thicker branches on this girl were a challenge even for my heavy bypass pruners. Seems that the silica stiffened them up nicely.

And here is where she is for the next few days, likely to soon be joined by the Stone's Dragon girls.
View attachment 1562689View attachment 1562688
The branches will hang in the box for a few days before being trimmed down to bud and brown bagged. That's it until the weigh in for Miss Witch Doctor x Anvil.

Bud from Miss Double Grape is dry now, so here is the weigh in:
View attachment 1562682

166 grams of first class bud works for me. Miss WDA will beat this by a large margin.

That's all she wrote for now peeps, more chop action soon. :pighug:
Wow!!! I have never seen that sort of foxtailing on a WDA. Never seen a yield like that either! Take a bow! Seriously impressive cycle.
That is a superb result for DG. Top shelf and high press yield.

Greetings peeps, time for a brief update. Trim jail is on the horizon.

First, the weigh in of the Mephisto Cosmic Queen solo. Here she is a few days before the chop:
And here is what is left of her now that the dry is done:
View attachment 1558886

Happy growing peeps. :pighug:

@Olderfart Tonight I can’t get my head to understand this image,I just can’t work out if the Bud is inside a container or outside? this has truly scrambled my mind:dizzy:

fantastic results.

@Olderfart Tonight I can’t get my head to understand this image,I just can’t work out if the Bud is inside a container or outside? this has truly scrambled my mind:dizzy:

fantastic results.
yeah, sorry about the scramble. I assume you are referring to the trich shot. It is a weird one because I didn't take enough photos to completely cover the focus depth. The software I use to stack photos for depth of field leaves annoying artifacts in the areas too far away to be in focus. I softened all the artifact areas so it doesn't look like a dog's breakfast. Anyway, the bud was on the plant in the open, no container involved, just some photo editing cleanup. I would have just taken another shot, but by the time I realized the photo sequence was not deep enough, Miss WDA was already hanging.

Thanks for checking in. :pighug:

I like the look of these foxtails. Do they indicate something negative?
As I understand it, the only issue is that the bud on them is far less mature than the rest of the plant, so it is at least possible that they could affect the quality of the end product. I thought the WDA girl was a serious foxtail queen, but it looks a lot more important than it is when you consider the tiny volume of material in them compared to the rest of the older bud. I kept the foxtail bud separate anyway, but doing that was likely not important, certainly not for pressing since complete mixing with rosin from other bud would overwhelm any immature influence of the foxtail bud.

Never been a grow yet where I didn't learn something. :cheers:

Last edited:
More choppity chop chop, Misses Stone's Dragon, and Miss Blue Microverse x Sour Hound meet the snippers.
More chopping update.

WDA branches were trimmed to bud and brown bagged to make room in the dry box yesterday. That trim was a pain in the ass that will not be repeated. I left everything but the big fans on the branches in order to slow the dry, but that level of trim left a nasty trim to bud project that combined the worst of both wet and dry trim. Let's just say that WDA was still remarkably, frustratingly sticky, and dealing with that when leaves had wilted and plastered themselves to the bud was downright obnoxious. To make matters worse, the snippers needed soaking about every five minutes to get the goo and debris off them.

Henceforth, the initial trim to branches will be more thorough, the plan being to just have minor cleanup when clipping down to bud.

Miss BM x SH got the chop yesterday, here she is before the chop:
IMG_1443.JPG
IMG_1444.JPG

Here is what was left:
IMG_1445.JPG
IMG_1446.JPG

There was a lot more bud in that compact girl than I expected. She was quite the dense bush. I initially hung the branches more or less as they are pictured, but after the nasty trim job on the hung WDA branches, I reconsidered this morning and pulled the branches and retrimmed, and bagged the branches instead of hanging them.

The 3 Miss Stone's Dragon #1 were chopped this morning. I didn't bother with a pre-chop portrait. Here is what is left of Miss Blackie:
IMG_1448.JPG

And here is the combined haul from the other two green pheno sisters:
IMG_1451.JPG

A tidy haul, and there are a couple seeded branches left to mature. Harvested branches are now bagged for the initial dry.

By the way, those Hydrofarm trimmers are wonderful. My Fiskars are now retired to other duties. The Hydrofarm snippers are an enormous improvement over the Fiskars. They are virtually frictionless, sharp as a razor, and they stay sharp. I have never used Chikamasas, but I cannot imagine that they would work better, and these are a fraction of the price. Actually, they are about half the price of Fiskars, and far, far more effective. If you need trimmers, don't hesitate to give these a try. I bought both lengths, but Iike the short version better. I use two, one hanging in ISO to get clean while the other is busy. When the active pair is gummed, it goes into the ISO, and the soaked one is good as new with a quick wipe with a rag.

Happy trimming peeps. :pighug:

Last edited:
Miss Anvil gets the chop
Miss Anvil was chopped and bagged as branches yesterday.

Before:
IMG_1454.JPG
IMG_1455.JPG

After:
IMG_1456.JPG
IMG_1457.JPG

She is a producer, should go more than 200g, maybe quite a bit more. :pighug:

Trim jail is just about open. :biggrin:

Back