Mephisto Genetics One Last Grow: Mephisto's Wedding, Chemdogging & Strawberry Nuggets

Update day 22
We're well into the veg stage and I recently did a little leave wrapping on the 2 most healthiest girls on day 19 and they have responded well! I plan to tie down some of the shoots later tonight right before feeding time! I also plan on chopping the ugly leaves from the Strawberry Nuggets and wrap some of her leaves too. I'm still feeding the same as last post. PPFD's are at 450, with a 24 hour light regiment due to the needed heat. Temps are fluctuating a bit with this crazy Kentucky weather, with high @ 81 F. & lows around 70. I got a little 500 watt heater coming from Amazon to help keep her constant with the coming ice age later this week, (forecasting a low of 2 degrees Thursday night). I've also been running my humidifier, so at least that's staying pretty constant & I only have to refill the 2 gallon tank about twice a week. I'm also plan to rerun my ducting to exhaust to the adjourning room, rather then sending the wasted heat outdoors. Anyways, that's all for now. Here's a couple pics and thanks for stopping by! :pass:

IMG_20221219_190148.jpg

IMG_20221219_190200.jpg

I just got done feeding and I gave all the girls a hair cut and a good spreading out! The Strawberry Nuggets is too small for me to do delicate work, as my fingers are too fat and half assed crippled with arthritis, (so I just whacked the hell out of her!) :tang: I thought since I was going through the hassle of moving them around, I'd go ahead and move the two healthiest girls to their final home under their own light, (Mars TS-1000). The 3 AutoCobs are also raised way up over the Strawberry Nuggets. I didn't worry about measuring this time, I just used my cheap PPFD app on my phone and got all the girls @ 450. I need all my lights running at full blast for the added heat they provide. I also plan on bumping up the feed a little more too. Once I get the SN moved, I'm going swap places with the humidifier and fan. I'm also trying to figure out a way to use my old AutoPot reservoir and either run some drippers or buy some blumats. I've never used either and if anyone has some experience with drain to waste with drippers or blumats, please hit me up with some recommendations. Here's some pics and thanks for dropping by! :pass:

Mephisto's Wedding
IMG-MW-_20221219_231637.jpg

Chemdogging
IMG_-CD-20221219_231630.jpg

Strawberry Nuggets
IMG-SN-_20221219_231624_2.jpg

New home
IMG_20221219_231648.jpg

I've never used either and if anyone has some experience with drain to waste with drippers or blumats, please hit me up with some recommendations.

So far what I've noticed if you use synthetic nutes; salt build up will eventually clog your drips (whether it's drip line or emitters in my experience). Some have had good luck with the halos, but I actually just ordered: Universal Round FloraCap 7½” - 12” with a pack of Flora Clips 2.0 from Floraflex. In theory with how they're designed, there shouldn't be any issues with synthetic nutes since it drips directly out of the 1/4" line into the FloraCap tray. If you do decide to go with this setup, be sure to grab a Starter Nutrient Kit and test out the nute line. For the price and quality, it's some of the best I've used for autos. I'll be setting this up soon for my current grow. Swing on by if you want to see them in action! throxic's Winter Grow 2022

So far what I've noticed if you use synthetic nutes; salt build up will eventually clog your drips (whether it's drip line or emitters in my experience). Some have had good luck with the halos, but I actually just ordered: Universal Round FloraCap 7½” - 12” with a pack of Flora Clips 2.0 from Floraflex. In theory with how they're designed, there shouldn't be any issues with synthetic nutes since it drips directly out of the 1/4" line into the FloraCap tray. If you do decide to go with this setup, be sure to grab a Starter Nutrient Kit and test out the nute line. For the price and quality, it's some of the best I've used for autos. I'll be setting this up soon for my current grow. Swing on by if you want to see them in action! throxic's Winter Grow 2022
Well i finally found some emitters that I purchased a few months back just for this purpose. They are 2 gph pressure regulated emitters made by Raindrip, so I'm going to give them a try and hope that added drip clean will get me to harvest without clogging. :pass:
Looks pretty good
Thanks! :pass:

Update day 29
Firstly, I hope everyone is having a great holiday and that your able to stay warm and fed! :bighug:
I can hardly believe it's been a whole week since my last update. The girls have weathered the ongoing deep freeze well and hopefully, tonight will be the last cold night for awhile. :doh: Of course, I live in Kentucky where if you don't like the weather, you just wait a day or two and it is certain to change! I was having my doubts if my girls would survive this past Friday when we started having rolling black outs for the 1st time in the state's history. Every 45 minutes the electric would go off for 15 minutes. The 1st time it came back on I went to power on the humidifier and the temp was 71F. The next time it was down to 69, so I cut the fan off and forgot about the humidifier for the rest of the day. Some of my friends lost power for 12 hours, so I lucked out on that one. I had an extra heater to add to the grow space that was supposed to get here Friday, but it's been stuck at the ups hub that's only 30 miles away since last Thursday. :nono: Anyways, I've upped the MegaCrop to 3 grams per gallon, Cal/Mag + @ 2 ml per gallon, with SM-90 and the occasional few drops of Superthrive. Here's some pics and thanks for stopping by! :pass:

Mephisto's Wedding, (left side), and Chemdogging, (right side), that I took early this morning.
IMG_20221226_001018.jpg

Strawberry Nuggets
IMG_20221226_001004.jpg

A couple pics I took a few minutes ago that shows where I moved them apart.
IMG_20221226_213900.jpg

IMG_20221226_213912.jpg

Last edited:
Update day 35 & Happy New Year to everyone! :bighug::bighug:

Well the girls have been doing good and the Chemdogging and Mephisto's Wedding are starting to get a little fuzz on their peaches. :dancer:
However, Strawberry Nuggets is a mess. I got all the girls out early Friday morning and I did a lot of defoliating! Not so much on the 1st two, but I bet I took 95% of the growth from the SN. There was a massive amount of inner growth under a few large fan leaves and most of the growth was wet and had never seen light. I mean it looked like a mold party getting ready to happen and that's why I got so drastic and took so much foliage. I just took off the lower growth and some of the inner shoots on the other two and I also hit them with Recharge right after their haircut. I took some pics right after the mutilation, and a few more a little while ago for comparison. Happy New Years again and thanks for stopping by! :pass:

Up 1st are 2 pics of Strawberry Nuggets, 1st pic taken after the massacre. :tang:
IMG-PN-old-_20221230_021726.jpg

I just took this pic and looks like I need to thin out some of the inner foliage already.
IMG_20230101_233806.jpg

Next up are 2 pics of Chemdogging and Mephisto's Wedding taking early Friday morning.
IMG-old-_20221230_021737.jpg

IMG-old=_20221230_021748.jpg

Finally, same plants taking earlier today.
IMG_20230101_155632 (1).jpg

IMG_20230101_155700.jpg

Last edited:
So I got me one of these "Zero Water" thingies today to remove most of the heavy metals! download (3).jpeg It's supposed to work better than any other filtration system priced comparatively. I've also read that getting rid of the fluoride in tap water is a good thing for the plants and the body! I thought since I was getting ready to give the girls a good flushing, it was a good time to invest. Now the worry is not messing up the grow more than I've already have! :doh: So the plan is to flush tomorrow night and use the filtered water for the rest of the grow. I just got done throwing out the 4 gallons of tap water I had started last night . So with the filtered water I added 10 ml of Cal/Mag+ to get the starting ppms up too 240. That seems like a good place to start! No Silica Blast for the flushing, but now I'll be able to add it first and I'll know how much Cal/Mag+ to add 2nd. I thinking of adding 1 to 2 grams of Mega Crop per gallon, (leaning more toward the 1ml - unless someone had a good reason why I shouldn't), and SM-90 @ 2 ml per gallon as it's a good wetting agent to combat soil friction, (ie coco friction if that's a thing :rofl:). I also plan on running some drippers, but I'm going to wait till around day 45ish before I'm ready to see what I can rig up and make work! Anyways, thanks for stopping by and please comment if you have any thing to input - good or bad .... Thanks again! :pass:

Getting old sure does suck! I feel like I've been rode hard and put up wet! :deadhorse: But I feel like I've accomplished something, just not sure what. So the plan was to give all the girls a good flushing and I did, but after looking at the Strawberry Nuggets and wishing I had culled her a month ago.... I decided to get her out and trim her up again, but I also wanted to try and tie down a few of her stubby branches. But first I had to bring out the Chemdogging to make a path. So I trimmed her up a little too! Of course, Mephisto's Wedding also needed a trimming more than tthe CD. So I lugged her out of the grow space to the kitchen table just like the other 2. Keep in mind, I have what my doctor calls "end stage heart failure" and every time I moved a plant, (or do much of anything), I would have to rest for awhile just to catch my breath. It took me 4 hours to get it all done! I ended up flushing with 2 grams of MegaCrop per gallon and I gave each plant 2 gallons and got plenty of runoff. I did have to refill the res on my humidifier and I tried to clean up the algae that's been forming on my drain pan, but I didn't prepare and have the right cleaning supplies to do it right. So now I'm just trying to wind down enough to smoke something so I can get some rest. Sorry I didn't feel like taking any pics and also for the rant. Thanks for stopping by! :pass:

Back