Mephisto Genetics One Last Grow: Mephisto's Wedding, Chemdogging & Strawberry Nuggets

Need4Weed

Searching for that poontang pheno
Reaction score
Currently Smoking
Creme da la Chem, Purple Nuggets, Grape Crinkle
Hello folks! I've been doing 3 grows a year since 2015, but I only had one grow this year back in the spring. So after an extended vacation, I'm ready to get back to growing for what may be my last grow. My health hasn't improved a whole lot, but at least I've stayed out of the hospital so far this year, (knocking on wood). Anyways, I placed 1 seed of each strain mentioned in the title in 5.7 phd water to soak about an hour ago and they will be planted tomorrow in 5 gallon pots of coco perlite, (Fox Farms Cultivation Nation), that have already been watered in and placed in the grow room to get warm. The coco felt pretty cold when I was getting it out of the bag.I also put 2 inches of coarse perlite in the bottom of each pot. Nutrients will be 2 part MegaCrop, along with Recharge, Cal/Mag+ and Botanicare's Silica Blast. Btw, since I've started using Silica Blast my stems are stronger and there hasn't been a need for added support. Before Silica Blast I had to add support to buds that look small now by comparison. Lights will be the MarsHydro TS-1000 X 3. Grow space is in small converted bathroom,(32x72 inches), with a 600 CFM extraction fan with carbon filter and a tower fan to move air around. With that said, it's time to burn a joint and think positive thoughts for 100% germination and a successful grow! :pass::smokeout::pass:

Hello folks! I've been doing 3 grows a year since 2015, but I only had one grow this year back in the spring. So after an extended vacation, I'm ready to get back to growing for what may be my last grow. My health hasn't improved a whole lot, but at least I've stayed out of the hospital so far this year, (knocking on wood). Anyways, I placed 1 seed of each strain mentioned in the title in 5.7 phd water to soak about an hour ago and they will be planted tomorrow in 5 gallon pots of coco perlite, (Fox Farms Cultivation Nation), that have already been watered in and placed in the grow room to get warm. The coco felt pretty cold when I was getting it out of the bag.I also put 2 inches of coarse perlite in the bottom of each pot. Nutrients will be 2 part MegaCrop, along with Recharge, Cal/Mag+ and Botanicare's Silica Blast. Btw, since I've started using Silica Blast my stems are stronger and there hasn't been a need for added support. Before Silica Blast I had to add support to buds that look small now by comparison. Lights will be the MarsHydro TS-1000 X 3. Grow space is in small converted bathroom,(32x72 inches), with a 600 CFM extraction fan with carbon filter and a tower fan to move air around. With that said, it's time to burn a joint and think positive thoughts for 100% germination and a successful grow! :pass::smokeout::pass:

:zen: Love and Light to you and yours

Sounds like you're good to go, and have some excellent strains to work with. I hope your grow goes well, I'll be following along.

I'm in a similar situation, about halfway through what is either my last or possibly second to last grow, I'm hoping to squeeze two in this winter but we'll see if I have it in me.

One of the hardest parts for me is just choosing which ones to grow, before things took a turn I really stocked up on seeds.

:zen: Love and Light to you and yours
Thanks for kind words @Nosias :pighug::pass:
Sounds like you're good to go, and have some excellent strains to work with. I hope your grow goes well, I'll be following along.
So glad to have you follow along. Hopefully, it will go well! :pass:
One of the hardest parts for me is just choosing which ones to grow, before things took a turn I really stocked up on seeds.
I know exactly what you mean. I've never grown Dutch Passion & I have 2 or 3 different strains. I'm also thinking that I'll never get all my Mephisto seeds grown. I must have a couple dozen of the freebies & I've never grown the first one. Hell! The freebies are a big reason I justify the huge expense for seeds. You know, I'd like to have a grow with nothing but freebies. Since they are all F1s, it would be interesting to see how they come out. Anyways, thanks for following along! :pass:

just soaked -- 4 Double Grape --NO germination - hope the best for you --have heard that Mephisto as some issues with that

just soaked -- 4 Double Grape --NO germination - hope the best for you --have heard that Mephisto as some issues with that
Yeah, I have my own issues with germination from time to time. It doesn't seem like a problem until it happens more than a couple times. I usually soak mine for 16 hours and give them a thump until they sink for another 8 hours, but this time I just let them float at the top of the cup for about 20 hours. In the past I use to germinate in moist tissue paper until I got tails, but I'm so clumsy I would do something to mess it up & a lot of times I had trouble with the shell coming off causing what I call helmet heat. There's nothing sadder than trying to release the seed hull & the whole head pops off. :poof: :pass:

I know exactly what you mean. I've never grown Dutch Passion & I have 2 or 3 different strains. I'm also thinking that I'll never get all my Mephisto seeds grown. I must have a couple dozen of the freebies & I've never grown the first one. Hell! The freebies are a big reason I justify the huge expense for seeds. You know, I'd like to have a grow with nothing but freebies. Since they are all F1s, it would be interesting to see how they come out. Anyways, thanks for following along!
I've grown a couple of Dutch Passion strains, and they have been really unique. The ones I've tried frosted up later than all the other breeders grown along side them, and took longer to finish, but they smelled great and my wife likes the way they smoke (I only do edibles). Mephisto have been my favorites to grow, RocBud is another great one. I've had the good fortune to try about a half dozen breeders work.

I collected Mephisto freebies for a few years but had never tried one. For a while I thought about doing a SOG with them, filling my tent with one gallon pots and sampling as many as I could fit. Summer of '21 I had some weather related issues with my outdoor, so summer of '22 I decided to risk fewer paid for seeds and I finally ran a few freebies in the mix -- they turned out to be quality plants, some of the best in the group.

Update: We have germination! :woohoo: When I checked 12 hours ago, only Mephisto's Wedding had sprouted. A few minutes ago, I went to give the pots a misting, I noticed the Chemdogging had also sprouted and the Strawberry Nuggets has just started to pop through the medium. My spray bottle has the same mix that I pre-charged with,.1.2 gram of Mega Crop per gallon, (I know many start stronger, but I've burnt new babies in the past using 2 grams per gallon). 5ml of Cal/Mag+ per gallon. and 2 grams of the old SM-90, (I still got about a quart left after they stopped making it). I'll be adding Recharge & Silica Blast around day 14. Here's a pic of the babies along with a pic of their future home. I've added a drain pan so I don't have to worry about using drip pans anymore! Thanks for stopping by and happy growing! :pass:

IMG_20221127_022622.jpg

IMG_20221127_022630.jpg

I had a slight problem with the seed hull sticking to the new baby Strawberry Nuggets, but luckily I got it without plucking the whole seed head off. It's been awhile since I've batted 100% sprouting seeds, I usually have at least 1 replant and then the older plants tend to be underfed, as I don't have the space to prepare different batches of nutrients. Anyways, I'm going to count today as day 1 and thanks for stopping by! :pass:

Yeah, I have my own issues with germination from time to time. It doesn't seem like a problem until it happens more than a couple times. I usually soak mine for 16 hours and give them a thump until they sink for another 8 hours, but this time I just let them float at the top of the cup for about 20 hours. In the past I use to germinate in moist tissue paper until I got tails, but I'm so clumsy I would do something to mess it up & a lot of times I had trouble with the shell coming off causing what I call helmet heat. There's nothing sadder than trying to release the seed hull & the whole head pops off. :poof: :pass:
Thanks - just tried again 3 no germination - Hey ! got a Seed Started Mat by "ShopCoda.etsy.com" Please take a look an tell me what you think - got the small one #12.00

Back