Outdoor Outdoor Multi-Strain Grow (20+ auto strains)

It's the best thing you could do for your plants no question man, I'd say go ahead 100%!
To me starting the plants inside is the only way to go for successful outdoors growing in a temperate climate.
You'll get better results if you can give them about 3 weeks inside though (the more the better tho), or about 3 nodes of actual multi-finger leaves, then they'll explode once put outside. 24h is awesome, if you think about it it's almost like your plants get a bonus extra day every 2 or 3 days if that makes sense.

You won't need much height even for 3 weeks, just keep your CFL as close to your plants as possible and you should get a plant that's about 20-25cm in height but bushy and with tight nodes. It'll deploy its wings as soon as you put it outside.

One of my neighbours is growing too and we have shared plenty of seeds this season and germinated them at the same time, his were outside the whole time and mine had 21 days inside before being put outside.

Not to boast or anything, but the best plant he has is a probably 40cm tall, with maybe 4 nodes, pretty stretchy and starting to flower... Most of his plants are pretty much seedlings with 2 nodes but I also put that on his overwatering that I can't get him to understand...
Anyways It blew his mind so much when he compared our plants that I recently helped him build a nice little grow box and he bought the same LED as me.

It's the best thing you could do for your plants no question man, I'd say go ahead 100%!
To me starting the plants inside is the only way to go for successful outdoors growing in a temperate climate.
You'll get better results if you can give them about 3 weeks inside though (the more the better tho), or about 3 nodes of actual multi-finger leaves, then they'll explode once put outside. 24h is awesome, if you think about it it's almost like your plants get a bonus extra day every 2 or 3 days if that makes sense.

You won't need much height even for 3 weeks, just keep your CFL as close to your plants as possible and you should get a plant that's about 20-25cm in height but bushy and with tight nodes. It'll deploy its wings as soon as you put it outside.

One of my neighbours is growing too and we have shared plenty of seeds this season and germinated them at the same time, his were outside the whole time and mine had 21 days inside before being put outside.

Not to boast or anything, but the best plant he has is a probably 40cm tall, with maybe 4 nodes, pretty stretchy and starting to flower... Most of his plants are pretty much seedlings with 2 nodes but I also put that on his overwatering that I can't get him to understand...
Anyways It blew his mind so much when he compared our plants that I recently helped him build a nice little grow box and he bought the same LED as me.

i can see what you're saying from the pics on these forums,ive been growing for years and i can actually feel your neighboor! what about the setup i described?will that work? or do i need to install ventilation, fans and whatever else you got going in there? As i said i just need to get a headstart

What size would your cardboard box be approximately?
Don't bother with aluminum foil, just try to get a box that's white on the inside, that'll be reflective enough that the difference won't matter.

Make a hole in your box near the bottom and one on the top, so that fresh air can come in from the bottom and hot air sucked out from the top, that's called passive extraction. CFLs really don't produce much heat so that should be enough to keep the temps in your box right, depending on its size.
When you put it together, put a thermometer in there and let it run for a couple hours then check the temperature, you should aim for 25-26°C but as long as you're not under 20°C and not over 27°C you're good.

You definitely should get a little fan in the box, pointed at the plants. Not only to circulate the air inside but also to strengthen the stems of your seedlings by making them move. It's best not to have it on all the time though to avoid excessive transpiration of the plants. I have mine on a 15min ON/15min OFF schedule.

Also, I wouldn't go with foam cups, try to get the biggest small containers you can fit so you don't need to transplant them until you put them outside. I use 15cmx15cm 3L pots and they're really well colonized with roots after 3 weeks under the led. You could use 2L Coke bottles with the top cut-off for example (make sure to paint em or cover em so the roots aren't exposed to light though)

Update Time

Alright so it's been about 10 days since last update. Let's start off with the Sweet Seeds red strains I didn't have time to show you last time.

The two Dark Devils (day 39 & 33, can't really see it in the pic but the second one starts to show purple calyxes at the internodes):
IMG_20160524_105249.jpg

IMG_20160524_105210.jpg

My couple of Red Poisons, at day 39 and 33 also. The oldest one is already crazy purple, while the other one doesn't show no purpling yet (the small plant next to it is one of the Buddha Seeds auto I couldn't transplant in time):
IMG_20160524_103022.jpg

IMG_20160524_103155.jpg

The 3 Devil Creams, the first two are on day 39 and showing some deep purple, other one on day 33 got some pH issues after I transplanted it from coco to soil but it's pulling out of it. No purpling in sight for now.
IMG_20160524_103050.jpg

IMG_20160524_103538.jpg

IMG_20160524_103215.jpg

My only worthy Bloody Skunk, shows slight purpling on the internodal calyxes, she's on day 33. The other one went in my "melting pot", just a pot where I put all my bad plants in.
IMG_20160524_104425_1-01.jpeg

IMG_20160524_103359.jpg

To stay on the topic of purpling, check-out those beautiful hues my biggest White Widow from Zambeza is getting on its leaves. She's on day 78.
IMG_20160524_102947-01.jpeg

IMG_20160524_103004.jpg

Ok so on to my two Fantasmo Express from Mephisto, on day 39 & 33. Definitely two different phenos, the first one is very sativa-leaning while the other one is more indica dominant. You saw me transplant the first one a couple updates ago.
IMG_20160524_104552.jpg

IMG_20160524_103113.jpg

Here's another one of my Buddha autos, the #3. It's about day 35 for her, not exactly sure on this one:
IMG_20160524_103445.jpg

My Dinafem Haze 2.0 ready for transplanting, had some issues at the beginning but it seems it's pulled through now. Day 25 for this lady.
IMG_20160524_103552.jpg

Followed next post...

My tall-ass Dinafem Kush-n-Cheese, day 78 (sorry about the blurry pic)
IMG_20160524_104713.jpg

My Critical Kush from Zambeza, day 33
IMG_20160524_103304.jpg

My Power Plant XL from Zambeza, I don't think y'all saw this one yet. I couldn't transplant it in time so I just let it go in its 3L pot...
IMG_20160524_103224.jpg

Speaking about Power Plant, here are some of my funky photos starting to flower. They originally are Purple Bud (1st pic) & Pure Power Plant (other 2 pics) from Sensi Seeds but these were seeds I found in last year's harvest. Looks like they might accidentally have been crossed with my Super Skunk Auto. I don't know though, this last one looks like it might go back to veg...
IMG_20160524_103702.jpg

IMG_20160524_104101.jpg

IMG_20160524_104046.jpg

Here's my Super Skunk auto that was infested with aphids last update, they seem to be gone like I said, the tobacco/mint/lavender infusion spraying did work.
IMG_20160524_103326.jpg

Here are the plants in the tent I showed you last update on day 1. They're now on day 12. I transplanted the Power Kush, Sweet Deep Grapefruit & Dinachem photos that were in there last time and replaced them with Devil Cream, Dark Devil & Bloody Skunk seedlings
IMG_20160524_120303.jpg

IMG_20160524_103929.jpg

IMG_20160524_104028.jpg

Bonus Photoperiods:
Violeta by Ace Seeds, check out those crazy leaflets, she grows leaves over and under other leaves!
IMG_20160524_103959.jpg

Afghan Kush from Sensi Seeds (but Seeds from last year's harvest). Growing this one No-Till style, been watching too much BrownGuy420 haha. So far so good though.
IMG_20160524_103905.jpg

One of my soon-to-be monster Shiva Skunks, recently transplanted in a 10 gallon smart pot:
IMG_20160524_103824.jpg

That's all for today folks, will be back with the Sweet Trainwreck, White Diesel Hazes, Blue Amnesia and the other plants I didn't touch on this update.

Last edited:
What size would your cardboard box be approximately?
Don't bother with aluminum foil, just try to get a box that's white on the inside, that'll be reflective enough that the difference won't matter.

Make a hole in your box near the bottom and one on the top, so that fresh air can come in from the bottom and hot air sucked out from the top, that's called passive extraction. CFLs really don't produce much heat so that should be enough to keep the temps in your box right, depending on its size.
When you put it together, put a thermometer in there and let it run for a couple hours then check the temperature, you should aim for 25-26°C but as long as you're not under 20°C and not over 27°C you're good.

You definitely should get a little fan in the box, pointed at the plants. Not only to circulate the air inside but also to strengthen the stems of your seedlings by making them move. It's best not to have it on all the time though to avoid excessive transpiration of the plants. I have mine on a 15min ON/15min OFF schedule.

Also, I wouldn't go with foam cups, try to get the biggest small containers you can fit so you don't need to transplant them until you put them outside. I use 15cmx15cm 3L pots and they're really well colonized with roots after 3 weeks under the led. You could use 2L Coke bottles with the top cut-off for example (make sure to paint em or cover em so the roots aren't exposed to light though)

Hey man, thanks for all the info, in the end i decided to put some lights in a small closet, i got 4 23w spiral cfls 6400lm total , 6400k and i hang them in there and im testing it to see how it works on 2 power plants and a few mi5s that just sprouted. thanks again for the info

Hey man, thanks for all the info, in the end i decided to put some lights in a small closet, i got 4 23w spiral cfls 6400lm total , 6400k and i hang them in there and im testing it to see how it works on 2 power plants and a few mi5s that just sprouted. thanks again for the info
No problem man, glad to help. Good luck with it!

Sorry for the late update, didn't have time to do it the other day.

So I'll start off with the plant that's closest to harvest, one of my S1'd Super Skunk Autos.
It's starting to get real frosty and starts to put on some weight now. Has a super fruity smell to it, tuttifrutti candy is what I would describe it as.
View attachment 567087

I'm kinda bummed though as I spotted some aphids under some leaves of the main khola today, pulled those leaves out and removed as many of those little fuckers as I could find, but I don't wanna spray anything at this stage.
Might have to water-cure this one after harvest if it gets worse, would be a bummer, but better than smoking dead bugs...
View attachment 567089
View attachment 567090

Next one is the Dinafem Kush-n-Cheese, it has stopped stretching just in time and is now starting to develop its buds.
She's a friggin' beast, almost as tall as me. Peep those 4 funny branches coming out of the first node.
View attachment 567093
View attachment 567099
View attachment 567095

Here's the Sweet Train wreck I transplanted last update, it has grown nicely as you can see:
View attachment 567100

The two Dark Devils I transplanted:
View attachment 567103
View attachment 567104

The Fantasmo Express I transplanted, it's starting to bud a little bit
View attachment 567107

The new line-up in the tent, mostly photos but there's some Sour Hound by Mephisto, Northern Lights Auto by Royal Queen Seeds, and Big Auto Speed Bud by Female Seeds
View attachment 567106

That's it for today, I'll update on the other plants asap.
It works nicely but I recommend starting your autos off in the pots there gonna live in due to there short life span the plants however look impressive!

Back