Autoflower pearly bud (dr. grinspoon) pheno

Left

Welcome to the CannaZone
Reaction score
hi all,
On the search for the elusive beads on a string pheno, as found in some Dr grinspoon and haze/thai/Oaxacan.
Has anyone found such a pheno in an auto?
Any thoughts of the genetics involved? could it be introgressed in an auto?
It would be great to have an auto version ABC(Australian bastard cannabis) or subterfuge #1(the improved version of ABC) with a grinspoon bud pheno.
Perfect stealth. Both leaves and buds not recognizable as your typical weed.

Found this photo on that other site.
An auto that grows these foxtails as a true trait is what I desire.

Last edited:
I think links to other forums is not allowed.

Oops, sorry, will delete link.

foto_no_exif.jpg

There, just the photo.

Zkittlez auto???... really?.. have a word with fast buds see what they've gotta say about it!.. sheesh man if you could clone autos!.. well keep the pheno alive?!?... I bet that is one hell of a smoke!... easy now!..

foto_no_exif (1).jpg
found this photo on gro*diaries. Seems very similar. The strain is dr. Feelgood. I have grown a handful of those, never seen traces of that bud structure on my plants. Still have five seeds left. Hopes are up, if not found in my current seeds, at least it looks like the wheat/pearl pheno can appear in autos..

Grew a royal queen seeds couple years back and this happen to it it smelled good but other than it was a waste of time. Maybe good for edibles but other than that I find it a undesirable mutation.

Most do, nizmo.
It has low bag appeal, I agree. But as a stealth strain I find it to be the best bud pheno.
These are the buds I want.
View attachment 1221002
These are leaves.
View attachment 1221003
With ABC leaves it would look a lot less like the average plant and more easily go unnoticed in a guerilla grow.
For indoors there is no need to go for that pheno, I totally agree.
So you found it in seeds from royal queen, what strain? Was it an auto?

I read on another forum that ruderalis genes can bring out this pheno in auto strains. That is interesting. I have two tiny seedlings of siberian ruderalis going at the moment. Planning on making my own auto crosses with those. It would be easier to get potency if using a modern auto where most rudi traits are bred out. My photo x rudi crosses will probably suffer from low potency in a few generations. Some other less desirable rudi traits might also be a hassle to breed out. Still, if I am aiming for a bud pheno which is prevalent in pure ruderalis, it might be a lot easier to breed it into the ABC if using a rudi compared to using a modern auto where this trait is more or less bred out. It might pop up in one out of a few thousand seeds, maybe. So hopefully I can work with the ruderalis seeds and find the pheno there..

Back